Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12 - Updated browser, software on demand, new games and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely provides quicker ramp times on Superchargers, but I'm hoping they will have a feature where you can opt out of on route battery warmup. Don't get me wrong, super happy they added this feature, but I'm not sure it's necessary 100% of the time.

I can understand why you might want to disable it, to pay for less energy. But for Tesla they want every car to charge as fast as possible so that the turn-over at the Supercharger is fast so they have to build fewer stalls. So I would not expect them to make the feature optional.

Of course you can just set your destination to somewhere near the Supercharger instead of the Supercharger itself.

Reactions: Falkirk
I can understand why you might want to disable it, to pay for less energy. But for Tesla they want every car to charge as fast as possible so that the turn-over at the Supercharger is fast so they have to build fewer stalls. So I would not expect them to make the feature optional.

Of course you can just set your destination to somewhere near the Supercharger instead of the Supercharger itself.
Good idea on the navigation thing!

Yep, I agree they are trying to increase throughput at the Superchargers. Around the midwest here though, we sometimes see empty Superchargers. :)

OK, Guess I'll start another thread about the web browser issues
Nope, nevermind. Issue isn't THAT bad. Turns out that if you are trying to open a website that requires location data such as ABRP or TeslaWinds you need to press the X to close the browser and then re-open the browser to get the prompt to allow location sharing. Got this workaround from the ABRP forum.

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: PoitNarf