Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12 - Updated browser, software on demand, new games and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received 12.1 this morning and only drove a few miles. Unfortunately the only thing I noticed was the wipers which had recently improved reverted to basically being useless again.
They never turned on in a light rain and I checked to be sure auto wiper was still enabled after the update. At least it resolved the delay turning on the backup camera.

Mine is an LR RWD Model 3. I don't see a way to determine which Model 3 variants are getting updates from the TeslaFi data, although I may well be missing something.

Looking at the last 100 recent updates on TeslaFi, most are S & X so the sample of 3s is not too large but from what I saw, it is a mix of RWD and D, however, it looks like you needed to have at least 8.5 to upgrade to 12.1.

Has anyone been upgraded to 12.1 from a lower version than 8.5?

Looks like 12.1.1 has just shown up on TeslaFi. That may explain the halt of 12.1 that seemed to happen yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 8.26.25 AM.png

I received 12.1 two days ago after having been on 8.5. Not sure why I received so early as I typically skew in the later side for receiving updates. Just now the car updated to 12.1.1.

So far all seems quite well. Backup camera bug seems finally fixed. Haven’t ripped on the browser too much yet.

Reactions: MelaniainLA
Did anyone notice different animation when the car stops and starts driving again? the view of the car? I heard someone talking about that in a video but I couldn't follow what they were talking about.

I believe that’s only currently in the 2019.9.x builds which has only been deployed to people in the Early Access Program. That version also includes Enhanced / Advanced Summon. I’m sure we’ll get the updated vehicle avatar view and animations in some future public version.

Reactions: zhu- and Muskol
Received 12.1.1 yesterday coming from 12.1. I noticed on this morning's drive that the display was notably dimmer than before with auto-brightness on. Also, the transition to day mode required much more ambient light than before it seems.

I think I recall Elon tweeting that some improvements were needed in that dept.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
That might be the only case this "on demand" stuff is useful. If you connect nightly it might be no different than it is now to most of us.

Yes, I am happy for the new software update info that was added with 2019.12.1 because now I can just check my car first to see if there is an update available and if so, turn on my mobile hotspot and begin downloading the update. I don't have to constantly connecting the hotspot at random times every so often and hope for an update.

Just got 2019.12.1.1 today. Obviously, just a quick patch fix for 12.1. But I got to see the new "software" screen under controls that shows you when an update is available and shows you the download progress. LOVE THAT! It is so nice to see when an update is available and seeing it download. So much better that the car downloading updates secretly without telling you.

Reactions: ConcordeSST