Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.16 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 2019.12.1.2 a few days ago, I had to use tethering from my phone for it to start downloading the update.
The car WILL NOT download any updates unless connected over WIFI.
Also, I think the "forced updates" are not actually forced, its just that you will be able to see when there is one available to download so that you can connect to a wifi network to start it.
But Tesla will still control who gets it first ! :p

• Informative
Reactions: ISoGrumpy
I hope .16 fixes all the bugs I'm finding with .12.1.2. Ever since I got to .12, LTE connectivity is often dropped, Autopilot quit on me entirely for about 3 minutes one drive, playlists in the music streamer aren't playing the songs they used to play (for instance, I have a lot of albums as my favorites and now some albums don't play, it'll take one song and then go to another artists song, etc), the back-up camera black out issue still occasionally occurs, and just yesterday I found that the auto wipers don't come on at all in torrential rain. The wipers worked fine in lighter rain, but in the heavy stuff, they didn't even bother to come on, which is crazy.

No but I want this version so badly.... location based Sentry Mode and the conditional sign limit is awesome... I wonder if they're using map data or the cameras to start reading the signs finally?!

I noticed the other day ( T3 with 12.1 ) that the speed limit on the left side of the screen changed just as I passed a speed limit sign. Figured it must be reading speed signs. But then there is a school zone I go through often that it doesn't change the speed limit on the screen, so I dunno. Those signs are higher I think. Maybe height of the sign makes a difference.

12.16 is out

A868AB73-980F-40FC-BF21-7DD4A3B5A524.jpeg

My garage doesn't have WiFi access (working on that) but I do stop at the Tesla service center and connect as well as my phone hot spot every day
Just as a reminder, the ‘stop at Tesla SC to use WiFi’ hasn’t worked in years. You need to be on a service ticket to get the advantage.

Once you get 16 it has the new ‘priority’ feature but you need 16 to get that. :D Don’t know if that works on LTE, I bet not.

I’d definitely run the hotspot overnight to see if you can get 12 as it was still being sent last I saw. 16 only on a couple of cars in California. 12.x still going as of 30 minutes ago.