Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm if the Cruise Control Unavailable bug is fixed in this update?

Edit: BTW, this thing is flying out according to Teslafi

I've never had that bug on 2019.16.3.2, but I got it twice today - on the parking lot and in the garage. Just as I pulled into the parking spot, it flashed a warning that front camera has obstructed view and cruise control is unavailable.

I also noticed that the car refuses to go into sleep now. It used to go to sleep after ~15-30 minutes of inactivity when parked in the garage or on the driveway as Sentry mode is deactivated at home. It did sleep at night when plugged in, but after I drove it this morning, it sat all day awake.

Anybody getting ridiculously dim screens with "Auto" on this firmware? This is the first time we've had to change from auto. It was setting the screen to 16% on the highway, and 12% when we pulled into our carport:

IMG_20190619_205834397.jpg

Take a chill pill on advanced summon. There is lots of risk involved and they better get it right before releasing. I can wait a few more weeks or months.

Not being able to permanently disable ELDA is a joke. No excuse for not including that.
I must say though ELDA hasn't been a problem for me since the first couple of days. Not sure why.

Yeah, I have to say that 2019.16.3.2 was much better with the ELDA (I tested it on the same rural roads that caused me many false alerts on the previous version, as well as the backup camera having way fewer blackout issues. So much so that I was not entirely sure I wanted this update. But I'm installing it now, with fingers crossed. Definitely going to do a reboot.. might try a full shutdown/walkaway reboot this time.

I don't know about a reliable working walkaway version, but the standard, tesla approved one is to sit in the driver seat, turn off bluetooth on your phone, power off the car via the option in Safety/Security, then wait while sitting quietly in the driver seat without touching the pedals, screen or moving too much in your seat, until all the fan motors and such have stopped, and the coolant system has burped (you'll know this when you hear it). This takes anywhere from 3-5 minutes. Then restart the car by pressing on the brake pedal.

I always do this after getting an update, and also do the 2 other steering wheel button reboots too just for completeness.

OK, rebooting the system yesterday didn’t exactly help with the dim screen problem. Once it switched to night mode tonight, it was very dim, at 10% brightness even though it was still bright outside. I had to adjust the slider manually (still left on Auto though), but this time it remembered, and when I was done with shopping and got back to the car it stayed at reasonable brightness.

B4C90D7B-CCA1-4F43-87A0-990A7CF74B8B.jpeg
9B25F09E-4712-4DC7-99C8-F387DDB6C4F8.jpeg
What is your current firmware and Navigation version?

View attachment 421180
New European maps arrived in the last few days: Nav-Maps EU-2019.20-10482 -- a 7.3GB download
Previous version: Nav-Maps: EU-2018-42-1729

A notification appeared yesterday on the MCU Software screen, then I just connected to Wi-Fi and bingo!

Thank you both so much.

I got latest software and map update last night but still no NOA... Not sure if I need to drive and the cameras need to re calibrate

I bought the car with EAP so should be ok I think

• Informative
Reactions: willow_hiller