Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my order placed today for LR AWD. Midnight silver and black interior with aero wheels and AP.

No order number or location yet as havent had one from the lease company work use.

I'm not sure I've been this excited since I was a little kid, although not sure what will come first the car or a divorce due to boring my wife with talk of ship tracking and accessory shopping.

LRAWD
Blue
White Interior
19” Sports Wheels
Deposit January 2019
Ordered May 4
SC ? Don’t know.....where can I find this info?
No Trade in
No Finance
Latest estimate is August or September
Ahh, you are one of the rare 19" Sport species where reservation and order date count pretty much for nothing! :rolleyes:

The SC location is the location you selected for pick up during your order. What was your order number? That is the last 4 digits of your booking invoice.

Ahh, you are one of the rare 19" Sport species where reservation and order date count pretty much for nothing! :rolleyes:

The SC location is the location you selected for pick up during your order. What was your order number? That is the last 4 digits of your booking invoice.

Hi,
My order (RNxxxxxx) number ends 3150. I don’t recall being given an option for pick up - how do I check?
I wonder if I need to change my order to get more popular who’ll option. I was thinking of getting rid of FSD so may as well do both at the same time.

Hi, my order placed today for LR AWD. Midnight silver and black interior with aero wheels and AP.

No order number or location yet as havent had one from the lease company work use.

I'm not sure I've been this excited since I was a little kid, although not sure what will come first the car or a divorce due to boring my wife with talk of ship tracking and accessory shopping.
Hope you used a referral code when ordering. Welcome to the madness!

Hi,
My order (RNxxxxxx) number ends 3150. I don’t recall being given an option for pick up - how do I check?
I wonder if I need to change my order to get more popular who’ll option. I was thinking of getting rid of FSD so may as well do both at the same time.
I wouldn't change the wheel option. Mainly because the 19" wheels which you can't spec anymore is the perfect compromise between the ugly but more practical (quieter and softer) 18" Aero and the harsh (hard ride and noisy) ultra-low profile and easy to damage but great looking 20".

I don't think FSD makes a difference to order speed.

I think you have the perfect spec, just that it takes longer to get it.

The RN number is your reservation number and isn't sequential so means little to anyone else. However, the last 4 digits of your booking invoice number run in sequence for everyone and so indicates some sort of queue.

@RjbT3 can I just take a moment to say thank you for compiling all of this information? It is hugely useful in the absence of transparency and communication from Tesla. Your efforts are invaluable. Thank you.
You can indeed and thank you. It's quite an experience for us all and I enjoy the little community spirit that has sprung up around it. Plenty of folks willing to help and contribute. Tesla seems to have done a fantastic job with the product, but the chasm of communication missing throughout the order process is driving many customers to distraction.

@RjbT3 thanks for the efforts, personally also enjoying the shipping channel...

Just a thought, feeling your pain and was wondering if it could be eased:

Could this discussion get rebooted with a first post that had a newbies guide and template? Would make things easier if the data was presented in a similar format and people know how to pick up the correct values from the paperwork. Possibly a signature that contained the data so they could just post to this thread with a default signature line - appreciate a load of metadata in the signature might make things a bit messy but maybe only append when posting to the order discussion.

Add Instructions to get source
Add Instructions to get order num

If there was little template such as this - delete choices as appropriate then get rid of commas and newlines:

<UKM3DataV1>
<Car>P-,P+,SR+,LRAWD
<Col>Black,Blue,Red,White,MSM
<Wheels>18Aero,19Sport,20
<Interior>Black,White
<APFSD>AP,FSD
<Tow>yes,no
<Reserved>ddmmyy
<Ordered>ddmmyy
<OrderNum>
<SC>Birmingham,Leeds,Stockport,Heathrow,Dartford,Edinburgh
<Fin>y,n
<Trade>y,n
<FinalInvoiceReceived>y,n
<EstDel>ddmmyy
<ActualDel>dddmmyy
<Comments>type what you like
<END>

It would end up like this:

<UKM3DataV1><Car>LRAWD<Col>MSM<Wheels>18Aero<Interior>Black<APFSD>FSD<Tow>yes<Reserved><Ordered>270719<OrderNum>8123<SC>Heathrow<Fin>n<Trade>n<FinalInvoiceReceived>n<EstDel><ActualDel><Comments><END>

Add Instructions for putting at end of signature

Posting a comment on this discussion would be the update mechanism.

Then it would be easy to get the values or just wget or curl through from signature in the discussion and export the data to a CSV / suitable format for the spreadsheet.

Periodic check and maybe a message back to poster if the signature data didn't meet the validation rules.
---
Not sure if this is too fiddly, still relies on diligent data entry...

• Helpful
Reactions: RjbT3
Ooo no, what’s a referral code?
It's a link that someone who has bought a Tesla provides you with prior to purchase, you use that link to order from and both poeple get 1000 miles worth of free supercharging.

Tesla don't add it retrospectivly unfortunately, its nice to have but not a deal breaker.

If you log into the app or your account online you will also have a referral link you can share with anyone you think may be wanting a Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.