Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't change the wheel option. Mainly because the 19" wheels which you can't spec anymore is the perfect compromise between the ugly but more practical (quieter and softer) 18" Aero and the harsh (hard ride and noisy) ultra-low profile and easy to damage but great looking 20".

I don't think FSD makes a difference to order speed.

I think you have the perfect spec, just that it takes longer to get it.

The RN number is your reservation number and isn't sequential so means little to anyone else. However, the last 4 digits of your booking invoice number run in sequence for everyone and so indicates some sort of queue.

Hi,

It looks like the order number is 2232 - I ordered on 3rd May.
I still can’t find the pick up location, I’m sure they’ll tell me in due course!

Thanks for your help

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
I wouldn't change the wheel option. Mainly because the 19" wheels which you can't spec anymore is the perfect compromise between the ugly but more practical (quieter and softer) 18" Aero and the harsh (hard ride and noisy) ultra-low profile and easy to damage but great looking 20".

I don't think FSD makes a difference to order speed.

I think you have the perfect spec, just that it takes longer to get it.

The RN number is your reservation number and isn't sequential so means little to anyone else. However, the last 4 digits of your booking invoice number run in sequence for everyone and so indicates some sort of queue.

Hi,

It looks like the order number is 2232 - I ordered on 3rd May.
I still can’t find the pick up location, I’m sure they’ll tell me in due course!

Thanks for your help

I drove up to Newbridge/Edinburgh today. I was looking around for any Model3’s. Tesla dude saw me and came over. So I confessed I was spying. Nicest guy ever. Said the first batch of Model3’s are due today/tomorrow. Said there was a mixup at the port so a bit of a delay. He says they will do up to 56 handovers a day.

He said I should expect my order to come in mid-September (I ordered 16 July).

Really surprised at how friendly he was to a random lurking around his parking lot.

@RjbT3 thanks for the efforts, personally also enjoying the shipping channel...

Just a thought, feeling your pain and was wondering if it could be eased:

Could this discussion get rebooted with a first post that had a newbies guide and template? Would make things easier if the data was presented in a similar format and people know how to pick up the correct values from the paperwork. Possibly a signature that contained the data so they could just post to this thread with a default signature line - appreciate a load of metadata in the signature might make things a bit messy but maybe only append when posting to the order discussion.

Add Instructions to get source
Add Instructions to get order num

If there was little template such as this - delete choices as appropriate then get rid of commas and newlines
Thanks for the suggestions. It inspired me to add an "About" tab to the spreadsheet. I hope this helps.

The signature thing is a good idea, but I do share your concern that it would be too fiddly both for members and me! A signature is a personal thing and any change will change the signature on every post by the member, so it wouldn't be practical.
However, I have taken your suggestions and tried to address them in the About Tab.

With regards to data entry, @-DB- started working on a Google Form for users to manage and input f their own data directly into the sheet. We will develop this if the data entry, validation and management becomes too time-consuming. It probably would if there are suddenly lots of members wanting to add their data. At the moment, the data pool is actually quite small and easy to manage. Validation is also much easier on the fly while it is small. Members posting updates to this thread more regularly would help, but that could impinge on peoples enjoyment just dipping in and out of the forum.

I'm not sure about re-booting the thread because people may be following it already and then there will inevitably be two threads for me and @-DB- to manage. I'd edit the original post, but it won't let me.

The sheet will most likely die at some point when Tesla sorts their s**t out in the UK with their order process, customer communications and transparency. We can all live in hope!

Thanks again for your suggestions, very helpful.

Reactions: Fullerene
I drove up to Newbridge/Edinburgh today. I was looking around for any Model3’s. Tesla dude saw me and came over. So I confessed I was spying. Nicest guy ever. Said the first batch of Model3’s are due today/tomorrow. Said there was a mixup at the port so a bit of a delay. He says they will do up to 56 handovers a day.

He said I should expect my order to come in mid-September (I ordered 16 July).

Really surprised at how friendly he was to a random lurking around his parking lot.
Interesting. Seems like they can do between 50 and 150 per day depending on the location. mid-september would be excellent for a 16 July order. Hope they are right! Seems like July was a good time to order.

Reactions: Roy W.
Thanks for the suggestions. It inspired me to add an "About" tab to the spreadsheet. I hope this helps.

The signature thing is a good idea, but I do share your concern that it would be too fiddly both for members and me! A signature is a personal thing and any change will change the signature on every post by the member, so it wouldn't be practical.
However, I have taken your suggestions and tried to address them in the About Tab.

With regards to data entry, @-DB- started working on a Google Form for users to manage and input f their own data directly into the sheet. We will develop this if the data entry, validation and management becomes too time-consuming. It probably would if there are suddenly lots of members wanting to add their data. At the moment, the data pool is actually quite small and easy to manage. Validation is also much easier on the fly while it is small. Members posting updates to this thread more regularly would help, but that could impinge on peoples enjoyment just dipping in and out of the forum.

I'm not sure about re-booting the thread because people may be following it already and then there will inevitably be two threads for me and @-DB- to manage. I'd edit the original post, but it won't let me.

The sheet will most likely die at some point when Tesla sorts their s**t out in the UK with their order process, customer communications and transparency. We can all live in hope!

Thanks again for your suggestions, very helpful.

Google sheets has the ability to allow a user to edit a pre-defined data range. When you add a user to the spreadsheet you could allow them to update their own data (I'm guessing they need a google account?)

Could you add me to the list

Car Spec: SR+
Colour: White
Interior: Black
Wheels: Aero
FSD: No
Towbar: No
Order Date: 31/07/2019
Order Number: 8898
SC: Stockport
Finance: PCP BH
Trade in: No

• Informative
Interesting. Seems like they can do between 50 and 150 per day depending on the location. mid-september would be excellent for a 16 July order. Hope they are right! Seems like July was a good time to order.

Interesting. Looks like the delivery centres are Birmingham, Dartford (is this confirmed with any deliveries), Edinburgh, Heathrow/West Drayton, Leeds, and Stockport/Manchester. So six in total. That means maybe 300-500 cars a day when all six are up and running.

Not sure if deliveries are being done on the weekends - even without would be 1,500-2,500 cars a week.

So looks like the system could handle 6,000 cars a month, if the ships are bringing that many (unlikely).

Gives me a bit more hope I might get my car before the end of September (24th July order).

Reactions: Roy W. and RjbT3
Google sheets has the ability to allow a user to edit a pre-defined data range. When you add a user to the spreadsheet you could allow them to update their own data (I'm guessing they need a google account?)
Yeah, that would be great, but I'm guessing people would prefer to remain anonymous against their data which I don't think is possible if they had to share their google account? I'll add you to the bottom of the reservation sort tab for now. I tend to do the sorts in the evening. All of @-DB-'s graphs run from the Reservation tab which we use as the master sheet.
Any idea how to get other tabs to auto-sort the data from the master sheet?

Interesting. Looks like the delivery centres are Birmingham, Dartford (is this confirmed with any deliveries), Edinburgh, Heathrow/West Drayton, Leeds, and Stockport/Manchester. So six in total. That means maybe 300-500 cars a day when all six are up and running.

Not sure if deliveries are being done on the weekends - even without would be 1,500-2,500 cars a week.

So looks like the system could handle 6,000 cars a month, if the ships are bringing that many (unlikely).

Gives me a bit more hope I might get my car before the end of September (24th July order).

I dunno. I think they might be bringing in 6000 a month.
Triumph Ace, Glovis Champion, SFL Conductor are all August boats. The Grand Quest may also be.
If they stuck 1500-2000 on each of them...

Car: M3 P+
Colour: Red
Wheels: 20" Performance
AP/FSD: FSD
Towbar: N
Reservation Date: 05/04/16
Order Date: ?
Order Number: 09532
SC: Heathrow
Finance: N
Trade in: N
Vin Shown: VIN
Final Inv: Y
Del Est: 07/08/2019
Delivery: 07/08/2019

• Informative
I dunno. I think they might be bringing in 6000 a month.
Triumph Ace, Glovis Champion, SFL Conductor are all August boats. The Grand Quest may also be.
If they stuck 1500-2000 on each of them...

Depends on the size of the boats and the number of orders they need for the other markets being served out of Zeebrugge deliveries (mainly EU I'm guessing). Too many variables to do more than guess!

Also although SFL Conductor will hit Zeebrugge in August just about the general view has been we won't see its cars in the UK until September.

Depends on the size of the boats and the number of orders they need for the other markets being served out of Zeebrugge deliveries (mainly EU I'm guessing). Too many variables to do more than guess!

Also although SFL Conductor will hit Zeebrugge in August just about the general view has been we won't see its cars in the UK until September.
yep agreed. either way it’s thousands a month

Update for mine
Car: SR+
Colour: Black
Wheels: 18" Aero
AP/FSD: FSD
Towbar: N
Reservation Date: 03/04/16
Order Date: 01/05/19
Order Number: 00271
SC: Heathrow
Finance: N
Trade in: Y
Vin Shown: VIN
Final Inv: Y
Del Est: 20/08/2019
Delivery Date: 12/08/2019 (10am)
Notes - Paid invoice 06-08-19. Received definitive delivery date 07-08-19

• Informative
That's depressing - you're ahead of the queue on same spec and no reservation, I've been using you as my early warning for developments :)
Oh no!!! Sorry!!!

I'm checking every half hour, but I'm doing it in a lottery scratchcard kinda way, I search VIN" and click through the 10 hits. If I search 5YJ3 then there's either no hits or a hit, no fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.