Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no!!! Sorry!!!

I'm checking every half hour, but I'm doing it in a lottery scratchcard kinda way, I search VIN" and click through the 10 hits. If I search 5YJ3 then there's either no hits or a hit, no fun.

LOL. Every day I tell myself I'll only check one, and then check 5-10 times. Quitting smoking was easier.

The wild card variable of course is cancellations or drop outs from reservation holders at our delivery centres.

Oh no!!! Sorry!!!

I'm checking every half hour, but I'm doing it in a lottery scratchcard kinda way, I search VIN" and click through the 10 hits. If I search 5YJ3 then there's either no hits or a hit, no fun.
There's an iOS app for VIN checking in the Useful Links tab on the spreadsheet.

I've also just added a link to a google chrome addon that makes source checking a bit easier..

• Informative
Reactions: TestPilot and navt
Car: AWDLR
Colour: Grey
Interior: Black
Wheels: 18" AERO
AP/FSD: FSD
Towbar: N
Reservation Date: 06/03/2019
Order Date: 04/05/2019
Order Number: 2464
SC: Leeds
Finance: HP Black Horse
Trade in: N
Vin Shown: VIN
Final Inv: Y
Del Est: 13/08/2019
Delivery:

Apologies if asked before and probably a stupid question but I pay the agreed deposit to Tesla, not to Black Horse??

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
(Edit - inserted incorrect quote - the issue is between keyboard and screen - now I can't get the quote thing to work)

Marc Roberts said:
Oh no!!! Sorry!!!

you're not the first to win the Vin Bingo Booby prize..

I use

vin:"null

get 3 hits - I look forward to "No Search Results"

I should really run a script to do it but I would likely be checking that the script was ok periodically and use the spare time writing more drivel on the forums..

Last edited:
this is in Safari - other browsers may bring it back a little bit different

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 15.04.36.png

Car: LRAWD
Colour: Blue
Interior: White
Wheels: 19" Sports
AP/FSD: AP
Towbar: No
Reservation Date: No
Order Date: 01/05/2019
Order Number: 00158
SC: Birmingham
Finance: HP Black Horse
Trade in: Yes
Vin Shown: No
Final Inv: No
Del Est: No
Delivery: No

Had a phone call from Tesla 26th May to confirm trade in and finance deal, said I may have car by mid June. Heard absolutely nothing since?
This is dragging on now.

Reactions: RjbT3 and MrBadger
Car: P+
Colour: White
Interior: Black
Wheels: 20” Perf.
Reservation Date: 05/06/2016
Order Date: 12/06/2019
Order Number: 01954
Finance: No
Trade in: No

Last edited:

Looks like you are the same spec as me, is it black interior? I would have thought this would be a common order and hence churned out quickly but unfortunately the spreadsheet begs to differ...

Sorry to be nosey but I notice you are a fellow (previous?) Elise owner! I love my Elise and I really am concerned that the Tesla won't hit the spot but now I'm commuting I need something suitable for all weathers

Looks like you are the same spec as me, is it black interior? I would have thought this would be a common order and hence churned out quickly but unfortunately the spreadsheet begs to differ...

Data on Model 3 VINs suggests that about 50% of all Model 3s are single motor, and so SR+. Not that you'd think it from this forum and the UK Facebook group recently, seems to be wall-to-wall Performance!

Sorry to be nosey but I notice you are a fellow (previous?) Elise owner! I love my Elise and I really am concerned that the Tesla won't hit the spot but now I'm commuting I need something suitable for all weathers

I did have an Elise up until a few years ago. It was somewhat non standard, up to 400 BHP in final spec. :D I've driven the P+ and it's very responsive to the throttle up to about 90 mph but acceleration then tails off. Handling seemed very good for such a heavy car, obviously not up to Elise standards but that's only to be expected.

Dear GoogleSheet Admins :) Please could a graph of orders per week be implemented?

It's a shame tesla are re-assigning order numbers, if they were static we could get the bigger picture of cars in the UK.

Would be interested to see the rate of change, if there's an acceleration of demand as people get to see the M3s out and about.

Maybe fence sitters are reading this and can't cope with the stress and decide to keep their ICEs until the smoke clears, which of course it won't if they keep driving ICEs ;)

I did have an Elise up until a few years ago. It was somewhat non standard, up to 400 BHP in final spec. :D I've driven the P+ and it's very responsive to the throttle up to about 90 mph but acceleration then tails off. Handling seemed very good for such a heavy car, obviously not up to Elise standards but that's only to be expected.

That must have been brutal! Mine is a pretty much stock S3 supercharged, so only 217bhp. I test drove the P+ too, but it was a quick unscheduled test drive so barely had chance to scratch the surface of the performance.

Dear GoogleSheet Admins :) Please could a graph of orders per week be implemented?

It's a shame tesla are re-assigning order numbers, if they were static we could get the bigger picture of cars in the UK.

Would be interested to see the rate of change, if there's an acceleration of demand as people get to see the M3s out and about.

Maybe fence sitters are reading this and can't cope with the stress and decide to keep their ICEs until the smoke clears, which of course it won't if they keep driving ICEs ;)

I don't think we can trust order numbers as indicators of demand now since we know people get a new order number when they get their Final Invoice (and we also know some people have had multiple Final Invoices).

Looking at the Order Sort on the sheet, May is obviously all over the place with 1,500 orders on the first day, but we end May with ~4,500 orders.

From there:

- Fri 7 June : ~4,700 (+200)
- Fri 14 June : no data
- Fri 21 June : 5,400 (+700 in two weeks)
- Fri 28 June : ~5,800 (+400)
- Fri 5 July : 6,300 (+500)
- Fri 12 July : 7,000 (+700)
- Fri 19 July : ~7,400 (+400)
- Fri 26 July : ~8,100 (+700)

I think after 26 July there are final orders going out and we can't trust the numbers anymore.

I'm also inclined to feel those two spike weeks include some invoice re-issuing but that's just guesswork.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
yep agreed. either way it’s thousands a month

I finally made email contact with someone at Tesla today. I managed to get hold of a senior manager for UK and Ireland, thank goodness. I was being completely ignored. They were really responsive and helpful, in terms of some contact at least. I will post a summary and a few extracts, but in terms of the thousands of cars, here is what they said...

We have several vessels and hundreds, actually thousands, of cars travelling to us throughout the next 8 weeks...

... for the huge number of cars arriving between now and the end of September, there is an incredibly high probability that you will receive your car in this time.

This is in the context of my order and reservation, but an interesting insight for all I would think.

I finally made email contact with someone at Tesla today. I managed to get hold of a senior manager for UK and Ireland, thank goodness. I was being completely ignored. They were really responsive and helpful, in terms of some contact at least. I will post a summary and a few extracts, but in terms of the thousands of cars, here is what they said...

This is in the context of my order and reservation, but an interesting insight for all I would think.
And are you getting your deposit back?

Status
Not open for further replies.