Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to purchase a Model 3. I currently have a Volvo XC60 on a PCP scheme which ends in September this year.
Can I order now and tell them I don't want delivery until September? Is it likely a basic model in blue with black will take until September to arrive anyway? Is it worth using the part exchange of Tesla or not?
Are there any alternatives to buying direct from Tesla?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help in anticipation.
I posted this in general Model 3 ordering section and missed the UK one.
Sorry if this is wrong section.

If i were you i'd wait until June before ordering then you'll likely get the car at the end of Q3, i.e September. You could order now and keep putting off delivery as prices may change.

Lot's have asked for part ex prices but Tesla seem to offer very low prices, i suspect it's because they simply don't want them.

Ordering is done online but make sure you go through a referral link to get 1000 miles of free supercharging, you are welcome to use my link which would be greatly appreciated, i can supply it via pm.

I am looking to purchase a Model 3. I currently have a Volvo XC60 on a PCP scheme which ends in September this year.
Can I order now and tell them I don't want delivery until September? Is it likely a basic model in blue with black will take until September to arrive anyway? Is it worth using the part exchange of Tesla or not?

You can only buy or PCP direct with Tesla. You can lease from either Tesla or a third party.

You can say no to deliveries but you can't specify a delivery period. Every time you say no you'll be put to the back of the queue as if you placed an order that day (afaik).

Part ex is up to you. Like most part exchanges you'll get less than selling elsewhere.

Speak to the staff in the shop where you are planning to collect your car from and they will be best placed to advise - ordering and delivery is a lottery that is exacerbated by time of year/quarter your colour / interior / range choices.
See members profiles for referral codes (or you favourite Model 3 YouTuber ;))

I ordered early January and was offered a car within 2 weeks - way earlier than I'd been led to believe (3-4 months) so I had to decline. I spoke to someone locally and explained why and they asked when was the earliest I could take one - and then said they would mark my file accordingly (or something like that).

I ordered a multi red m3+ back in november still no VIN Tesla state Feb/March just like they say to all. Is anyone else waiting for red as it seems to be white and blue that are coming through when people get their VIN. The wait is killing me, tracking 3 ships as well as constantly refreshing the hidden codes.....

imagine waiting 6-9 months minimum for a Kia Niro ..... Even a Volvo XC40 Hybrid is minimum 6 months unless you get a dealer pre-order slot.

Buyers are now either waiting for the "in-demand" Tesla or the "under-prepared" manufacturers who can't scale up production to meet demand for either PHEV or BEV

As I recently ordered my M3, we went on a search for an EV for my wife, and I was kinda shocked when the Kia salesman told us that there was such a long wait for the Niro (he told us 9 months) - no wonder Tesla are killing it right now. We actually found it really hard to find EVs available to sit in and/or test drive from other manufacturers, with only Nissan seemingly able to assist. We were trying to look at the new Zoe, e-Corsa, e-208, Kona and Niro, but only got to have a sit in a pre-production left hand drive Zoe.

As a by the way, have Volkswagen thought through calling their new car the 'e-up' - surely that won't attract Londoners!

I ordered a multi red m3+ back in november still no VIN Tesla state Feb/March just like they say to all. Is anyone else waiting for red as it seems to be white and blue that are coming through when people get their VIN. The wait is killing me, tracking 3 ships as well as constantly refreshing the hidden codes.....
There was one in inventory earlier. Might be still there

My test drive today was in the red, looked amazing, it’ll be worth the wait.

How was the test drive Mark?
Hi Jez,

The staff at Bristol were great, we were booked in at 3pm but arrived at Cribbs for lunch and meandered around for a few hours visiting both the Tesla and Apple shops. We popped back to Tesla at 2.15 and mentioned we were early, 5 minutes later we are sat in a red M3 SR+. Absolutely loved it, had a laugh with my 12 yr old son with fart mode and drove down the motorway for a junction and back, probably driving for 30 mins. Felt great, car looked fantastic and so pleased I’m already ahead of the people in the shop testing today and ordering today.

• Love
Reactions: Aye_Watt and Jez_GB

I ordered a LR M3 in Red with black interior on 12th Jan.... phoned last week and told to expect early March delivery, but still no VIN.

I ordered a LR M3 in Red with black interior on 12th Jan.... phoned last week and told to expect early March delivery, but still no VIN.
Give them another call later this week. The Glovis Challenge is passing through the Panama Canal so there's a chance a lot will get VINs soon. I'm hoping I'm one of them, as my white LR was ordered on the 8th Jan.

EDIT: I've just checked Free AIS Ship Tracking of Marine Traffic - VesselFinder and Glovis Challenge is moving again, having just left Balboa. Would expect it to be in the Atlantic in the next few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.