Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot_20200219-183837_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ordered M3 LR white/black/white with 19in sports wheels on 28/01/2020 cash and to date I still have no hidden vin
or notification of delivery so rather than take a chance that my car would not arrive till June I decided to have
a look at Tesla's Inventory and I saw a red M3 LR with black/white interior but it did not have the 19in sports wheels.
I just went for it as although it cost an extra £550 due to the ludicrous £2000 cost of the Red paint job although this was
admittedly off-set by the fact that I did not have to pay the £1450 for the sports wheels.
Incidentally I watched a U-tube video and a Tesla had the sports wheels fitted, now I may be wrong but I was sure
they were Hanooks and not the Michelin tyres that were fitted.
Whereas the 18in wheels are Michelins or Continentals which I would choose any day over the Hanooks.
Now to be fair I can't remember which country this car was in so I may be wrong about the UK Teslas.
Anyways I am so thrilled and excited that I now have an actual Vin allocated to the car on The Inventory.
I just need to wait on a delivery date hopefully March for a 20 plate but no matter what I will take it even earlier.
The point is I feel more relieved not having to wait in wonder anxiously whether the car will be arriving on one of the ships
due for the UK.
Let me correct that I will not be totally relieved until I am actually sitting in my car and driving it lol !!
Anyways good luck guys for all you who are going through the turmoil of the waiting game and the sometimes lack of
communication and I must agree with earlier posts that I can't understand why Tesla can't match up cars to people
on here who ordered weeks and in some cases months ago with their exact specifications on the Inventory.
Here hoping that might change in the future.
Good luck all.

Reactions: Jez_GB
For my own sanity, how does one effectively search for the VIN in the source? Whereabouts does it appear? Is it this field:

<input type="hidden" name="country_code" />
<input type="hidden" name="crm_event" />
<input type="hidden" name="form_type" />

<input type="hidden" name="vin" />
<input type="hidden" name="refer" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="referral_code" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="ad_word_td" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="form_identifier" />

...or somewhere else? Do people just search for "5Y" ? Does the actual "Manage" page change at all, i.e. does "Estimated Delivery" change from "-" ?

Thanks in advance :)
It isn’t that field. I was looking there myself, thinking there was no VIN until I searched and found it. I can’t tell you where it is now I’m afraid as I now have my car but either search or download a browser extension rather than just looking at a specific place in the source.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Similar to someone earlier, ordered on 14th Feb (last Friday) and looks like I have a hidden VIN (searching for ‘5YJ’ in source code).

M3P Black, Black pickup at Brent X.

How do you use the VIN to find out what ship its on?

Assuming Tesla are keen to deliver every single bonnet they can before end of quarter.

Similar to someone earlier, ordered on 14th Feb (last Friday) and looks like I have a hidden VIN (searching for ‘5YJ’ in source code).

How do you use the VIN to find out what ship its on?

Assuming Tesla are keen to deliver every single bonnet they can before end of quarter.
Lease or pcp/cash? Ordered by my lease company 11/02 and nothing. Nothing showing in my account. Is it on the home page or account page?

Lease or pcp/cash? Ordered by my lease company 11/02 and nothing. Nothing showing in my account. Is it on the home page or account page?

it’s cash, and i put the original reservation on back on 31st March 2016 (1st day you could reserve) and i think that still factors into priority of orders.

You need to click on the ‘manage’ button on your reservation and inspect source code of web page (ctrl-u in Chrome) and search for 5YJ

Reactions: Smog

Now you've got me refreshing the page every five minutes again!

I was seriously considering a lease but I accepted the higher cost of PCP (through Tesla) as I didn't want anyone between me and Tesla. The ability to use the car as a fat deposit on another car down the line was also nice.

Last edited:
Folks

Now I have a hidden VIN my understanding is that my car is on a boat (or very soon to be) - is that the case?

If so, how do you find out what ship its on?

And for those of you that have a pickup date, is that something you called Tesla for? Or does it just appear in tour online account?

Folks

Now I have a hidden VIN my understanding is that my car is on a boat (or very soon to be) - is that the case?

And for those of you that have a pickup date, is that something you called Tesla for? Or does it just appear in tour online account?
If your vin has only just appeared then it may be on the ASIAN KING and you get a text with collection date about a week before the day itself

Just pick a ship from the shipping movements thread, massively over-obsess about tracking its every course change, speed change and arrival date/time update, then when you hear no news after it’s docked at Zeebrugge, rinse and repeat with the next ship :)

For collection, Tesla will text you a number of days beforehand. For confirmation of which ship, it’s a bit hit and miss but you can try calling them with your RN number and see if they have details of ship allocation.

Genuinely, it’s the strangest order system I’ve ever seen but they do actually seem to get cars to owners so am sure you will get an update soon - good luck !

Folks

No way of knowing which ship - you can call Tesla and they might tell you which ship - but.... the evidence on here suggests they are not sure either!

You should get a text offering you a collection date, this should also appear in your account around the same time :)

You will note the heavy use of the word “should” - It’s Tesla, so you should take anything they say with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

Folks

And for those of you that have a pickup date, is that something you called Tesla for? Or does it just appear in tour online account?[/QUOTEi think you need a vin on your booking invoice first ,your hidden vin can change if your allocated a different car ie cancellation

I’ve been regretting ordering the LR over the P, so called the Leeds SC today to enquire about the possibility of changing my order - the very kind sales assistant laughed and asked if I’d like to wait until June :confused:

I said I’d probably take the performance upgrade - she said it wasn’t available on the model 3 ?????

Thanks Mr H, Long ranger and Jez!

Suspected it’s all a little bit ‘quirky’

Still a shed load quicker than the eniro that I ordered a year ago and is ready to collect in 2 weeks. This is for SWMBO - both ICE cars replaced with electric....just need Octopus & EO to pull their finger out on getting a charge point installed now!

Reactions: Jez_GB
Status
Not open for further replies.