Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been watching this thread with baited breath since I ordered last Tuesday (M3P Grey, Black Interior, Full Self Drive, no tow hitch), I've just got my hidden VIN. Thanks to this forum i'll now be tracking the Asian King for the next month.
Where are you getting yours delivered? I assume you're paying cash/going direct to Tesla for PCP/HP if you ordered last week?

Where are you getting yours delivered? I assume you're paying cash/going direct to Tesla for PCP/HP if you ordered last week?
Yeah, ordered with Tesla direct through the website. Delivery to Bristol Cribbs Causeway.

By my calculations, at just 17kts, Asian King should take about 16 days after clearing the Panama Canal. So delivery around the end of March I suspect... which is a positive after I called Tesla and spoke to the Dutch lady who said (after a long pause) “I guess, April, maybe.”

Reactions: Durzel
I’ve been regretting ordering the LR over the P, so called the Leeds SC today to enquire about the possibility of changing my order - the very kind sales assistant laughed and asked if I’d like to wait until June :confused:

I said I’d probably take the performance upgrade - she said it wasn’t available on the model 3 ?????
I'm hearing all bad about Leeds; a few people have referenced a 'rude' member of staff there. If I asked a genuine query (and frankly, changing your order late in the process is no worse than how Tesla keep us in the dark) and her response was just to laugh I'd be effing livid.

It seems that all the fast appearing VINs are M3Ps which is what all the rumours suggest make the majoritty of the current shipments. Starting to get my very bad feelings about my LR order.

Great news! You picking up from the store not the delivery centre on summer hill road? I might try calling them.
Store.

yes I know if there are any issues they won’t be able to sort them there and then. But honestly, if it’s bad enough that I notice it on the inspection, prolly no SC will be able to fix it whilst I wait!! Lol
Spoke to the guy there who was great. Wasn’t expecting to get anything out of him as my vin is still hidden.
But gave him the RN number and he gave up the goods.!!!

• Love
Reactions: GBM3P
Why can't I stop checking the source code on my order page? I told myself I wasn't going to look until next Friday at the earliest.

Every time I read about someone ordering after me and already getting a hidden VIN I can't stop myself looking. It's gotten so bad that every time I click "Manage" and it takes a bit longer, or something, i think "ok this time it's different". I need help.

Is there a Tesla source code addict support group?

• Funny
Reactions: speedyranger74
Ordered 30/12. Contacted Tesla by email a week ago to ask why the estimated delivery date had changed mid-Jan from February to "-". Waited patiently for a week, still no answer so followed up expressing disappointment. Got this in response immediately:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we are just trying our best but you have to appreciate we receive hundreds of inquiries, just likes yours, each day and some can be missed.

This is my first interaction with a Tesla human :(

To be clear, I wouldn't mind nor would have contacted them if the estimated delivery date had gone from Feb > Mar > Apr as at least I'd have someway of planning. It was the uncertainty of initially having an estimate, then not having an estimate (with no communication) that I thought warranted the query.

Having operated help desks for many years, it's worrying to think that they are losing enquiries.

Ordered 30/12. Contacted Tesla by email a week ago to ask why the estimated delivery date had changed mid-Jan from February to "-". Waited patiently for a week, still no answer so followed up expressing disappointment. Got this in response immediately:

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we are just trying our best but you have to appreciate we receive hundreds of inquiries, just likes yours, each day and some can be missed.

This is my first interaction with a Tesla human :(

To be clear, I wouldn't mind nor would have contacted them if the estimated delivery date had gone from Feb > Mar > Apr as at least I'd have someway of planning. It was the uncertainty of initially having an estimate, then not having an estimate (with no communication) that I thought warranted the query.

Having operated help desks for many years, it's worrying to think that they are losing enquiries.

I've sent them 3 emails since I ordered in September. They didn't reply to my first 2 enquiring about delivery times (after I went way past the expected delivery dates I was first told) but they replied to my third asking them to add a referral code on within 24 hours and said no. :)

I've sent them 3 emails since I ordered in September. They didn't reply to my first 2 enquiring about delivery times (after I went way past the expected delivery dates I was first told) but they replied to my third asking them to add a referral code on within 24 hours and said no. :)

I feel a bit sorry for them, sounded like the guy was a bit stressed.

There's a lot of excitement obviously however if you have an estimated delivery month and that month has not yet passed, maybe just hold off on chasing delivery updates for a bit?

Edit: Appreciate that's not the case for lease purchasers. Think Tesla should be doing a better job of feeding information to the lease companies. The lease companies should be able to provide better support for their orders direct to their customers.

I'm determined to be patient, I mean I don't even have a VIN yet but the number of people who ordered M3Ps last week and got VINs makes me hopeful.

I also didn't realise that Solihull wasn't a delivery centre, probably would've stuck with MK had I known. Didn't fancy trekking to the centre of Brum and then getting back out. I hope they put a decent amount of charge in the car as my route home on the M6 and A14 is a Supercharger black spot.

There's a lot of excitement obviously however if you have an estimated delivery month and that month has not yet passed, maybe just hold off on chasing delivery updates for a bit?

I thought they would prefer an email to a phone call. Given my expected delivery was November, then December, then late Jan, then mid Feb, then late-Feb / early March! I contacted them in December by email and then January. Turns out phone is much easier and they give you the answer fairly rapidly. Not sure there is a good excuse if they can answer the phone pretty quick but can't return an email.

I'm determined to be patient, I mean I don't even have a VIN yet but the number of people who ordered M3Ps last week and got VINs makes me hopeful.

I also didn't realise that Solihull wasn't a delivery centre, probably would've stuck with MK had I known. Didn't fancy trekking to the centre of Brum and then getting back out. I hope they put a decent amount of charge in the car as my route home on the M6 and A14 is a Supercharger black spot.

Solihull isn't in the centre of Birmingham and the Tesla site here is only a 2 minute drive from the M42.

I'm hearing all bad about Leeds; a few people have referenced a 'rude' member of staff there. If I asked a genuine query (and frankly, changing your order late in the process is no worse than how Tesla keep us in the dark) and her response was just to laugh I'd be effing livid.

It seems that all the fast appearing VINs are M3Ps which is what all the rumours suggest make the majoritty of the current shipments. Starting to get my very bad feelings about my LR order.

Well that’s disappointing news about Leeds. I chose it over Stockport as I prefer the drive and had seen some good reports about it on here..... Mind you that was a few weeks ago and before the SCs started getting busy again. Hopefully a few people have collected from Leeds in the last few days and can share their experiences - unless they have and I’ve not seen them?

Well that’s disappointing news about Leeds. I chose it over Stockport as I prefer the drive and had seen some good reports about it on here..... Mind you that was a few weeks ago and before the SCs started getting busy again. Hopefully a few people have collected from Leeds in the last few days and can share their experiences - unless they have and I’ve not seen them?

They must be too angry to talk about it :D

• Funny
Reactions: Jez_GB
Status
Not open for further replies.