Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Home delivery booked for Tuesday afternoon! Hopefully it should actually arrive as it is the last day of the month, but it is Tesla after all, and I’ve heard the horror stories....
Harv3y I really hope you get your car as you certainly deserve it as you have been through the Tesla grind like a few other people on here.
It is so different and unique buying a car from Tesla as I have been so used to going to proper garage
showrooms getting pampered with coffee and biscuits and treated like a King and that's for cars
half the price of a Tesla Model 3.
However the Tesla is no ordinary car and given the choice I do not mind putting up with a bit of chaos and confusion
to drive a great car and to be fair to Tesla as all walks of life have had to cope with the current unfortunate circumstances
which we are having to endure at this time.
Lets be optimistic in 6 months time Corvid 19 will be dead and buried and we can drive our Tesla's through those
nice leafy Surrey suburbs with that British summer sunshine coming in through our Tesla Panoramic glass roof.

Reactions: Harv3y
Harv3y I really hope you get your car as you certainly deserve it as you have been through the Tesla grind like a few other people on here.
It is so different and unique buying a car from Tesla as I have been so used to going to proper garage
showrooms getting pampered with coffee and biscuits and treated like a King and that's for cars
half the price of a Tesla Model 3.
However the Tesla is no ordinary car and given the choice I do not mind putting up with a bit of chaos and confusion
to drive a great car and to be fair to Tesla as all walks of life have had to cope with the current unfortunate circumstances
which we are having to endure at this time.
Lets be optimistic in 6 months time Corvid 19 will be dead and buried and we can drive our Tesla's through those
nice leafy Surrey suburbs with that British summer sunshine coming in through our Tesla Panoramic glass roof.
Agreed! If the cars weren’t so good, nobody would be buying them!

Reactions: bogeybuster
No chance COVID-19 is going to be gone in 6 months, though realistically I'd expect some sort of normality by then. It'll be a new normal though, not what we've been used to for the past however many years. Social distancing and maybe even rolling lockdowns will need to exist until a vaccine is generally available, which is at least 12+ months away. :(

Hey Harv3y, glad you’ve got yours (we’ll jealous).

We were expecting ours on the 20th and from what we’ve found out so far, it sounds like the car is stuck at the AutoXP site in Carlisle. We’ve been without a car for nearly two weeks and it doesn’t seem like delivery is getting any closer.

Is anyone else’s car stuck with AutoXP and have you heard anything about delivery?

We were expecting ours on the 20th and from what we’ve found out so far, it sounds like the car is stuck at the AutoXP site in Carlisle. We’ve been without a car for nearly two weeks and it doesn’t seem like delivery is getting any closer.

Is anyone else’s car stuck with AutoXP and have you heard anything about delivery?

AutoXP essentially closed their doors. Lot of people been shafted by it.

Yes me.. 2 days ago.. chap made first delivery from oxford.. arrived at my door in Bedford at 9.am.. said he had 2 more deliveries that day.. I guess they shut down after that( he was wearing gloves)...
Looks like you got lucky, from what I’ve seen Tuesday 24th was the last day. It sounds like they might’ve shut up shop and Tesla can’t get in. Just hoping someone might’ve had theirs delivered and given me some hope.

I heard that autoXP closed thanks to the virus and wouldn’t open the compound for Tesla to deliver...

For those interested, I saw two people turn up to leeds in high vis jackets, driving a Model 3 (?SR+ due to aero wheels). It was a 69 plate, but was obviously being delivered as was sat in one of the branch bays and immediately plugged in by the two drivers in it, They were wearing high vis vest with ‘Autosomething’ on the back (Can’t remember the exact name but looked like an auto delivery company,

As i inspected my model 3 outside after hands off delivery, They waited by the desk in the SC, then handed over the key encased in a clear plastic packet then left. Obviously Tesla have other partners they are working with to deliver cars.

Mine was eventually delivered on Thursday. I’m extremely grateful to All those at Tesla who made it possible. It allows me to be able to carry on care of the vulnerable without worrying about how I’m going to get where I need to go.

A month ago, getting the car would have been a joy first and a taken for granted necessity second. On the day, it was just a relief. No real joy or excitement. Perhaps when times improve I will find that missing joy. At least I can legitimately use it.
I’m also pleased to say, that on careful inspection (after sanitising it) I couldn’t find fault other than a software update stuck in limbo. That got sorted.

Did I need a £50K EV? Yes and no. For care work any EV would have done. Since I already have sufficient solar panels to charge for free most of the year,
I’ve had EV’s for two and half years but with limited range. Where the last one fell down was for holidays or day trips (neither of which are on the cards right now!). Public chargers are woefully hit and miss. A Tesla fitted the bill, but buying it was a rollercoaster way beyond my comfort zone. I guess that receiving it was part of the relief.

my heart goes out to anyone still stuck in limbo. I’m sure that Tesla will do everything they can to unite people with their cars where they are able and while the law permits.

That’s pretty much how I felt. A strange feeling after months waiting for it.

I’ve been thinking to myself why didn’t I just wait until later in the year to get it, since I can’t really drive it recreationally at all for the foreseeable, but I got the PICG grant which I wouldn’t have got later on.

So I’ve got a March registered car that I will be lucky to be able to drive by June (?). Ah well.

Glad you got your car though, as you needed it as essential worker.

EDIT: Actually I barely waited a month and a half, so I can’t moan on that front.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
That’s pretty much how I felt. A strange feeling after months waiting for it.

I’ve been thinking to myself why didn’t I just wait until later in the year to get it, since I can’t really drive it recreationally at all for the foreseeable, but I got the PICG grant which I wouldn’t have got later on.

So I’ve got a March registered car that I will be lucky to be able to drive by June (?). Ah well.

Glad you got your car though, as you needed it as essential worker.

EDIT: Actually I barely waited a month and a half, so I can’t moan on that front.

You forgot to mention that you told Tesla your car need was essential in the first text (when key workers were struggling to get theirs), when in your own words it was neither essential and that you were not a key worker.

You forgot to mention that you told Tesla your car need was essential in the first text (when key workers were struggling to get theirs), when in your own words it was neither essential and that you were not a key worker.
Bro, not defending anyone but you said your piece already. Move on, there is deeper *sugar* to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.