Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to here, I’ve had a rather unusual experience so far. I ordered a SR+ MSM 19” on the 20th October with estimated delivery of “November”, got a text the day after on the 21st saying “a car has been allocated to me and we shall be in contact shortly to arrange delivery”. I called on the 26th and was told my car is on the RCC Antwerp with expected delivery w/o 23rd November. I then got a text on the 28th to book delivery at Birmingham, booked for 25th November. However unusually, I have not received a VIN yet nor one can found using ‘the trick’. No invoice or reg yet either as expected.

People who had a delivery during ‘Full lockdown’ (April, May etc), what was the procedure and your experience?

Just got a matching confirmation Text from Tesla.
'Tesla Update - Great news! A car has now been allocated to your order and we will be in contact shortly to make delivery arrangements'

No hidden vin online or anything else just yet

That's exciting - I had an email this morning saying 'About Model 3' but it was just a general advert not about my order - doh!!

When did you order out of interest?

Jealous - I ordered a black M3LR without tow hitch on the 4th Oct but nothing yet :(
hmm...maybe that tow hitch makes the difference? Inventory often shows quite a lot of Model 3s with this option.

I had originally ordered without tow in Feb for June delivery. Tesla contacted me beginning of April to say if I wanted it they had my spec but with a tow hook (additional £1000). I thought about it overnight, called them back to confirm & the car was with me two days later.

I'm very glad that option was given me because this is the first car I've owned without needing to make tip runs, DIY runs etc with bags & other stuff scuffing, scratching or dirtying interior trim.

I've never cared for a car like this before but then owning a Tesla is like no other car ownership experience either!

(...bought a small Erde self-assembly trailer + 7-13 pin adaptor a few weeks after delivery, a couple of hundred £. The tow hook is easy to fit/remove when needed or not)

Thought people were exaggerating the hit / miss of Tesla phone reps but I decided to give them a call this morning after @Arran received a text for car w/ a white interior.

I was told that Tesla has "not built any LR vehicles yet" and that's why I haven't received a text about my LR Blue / White interior.

That's patently false information based on the dozens of delivery confirmations people on here have received over the last couple of weeks.

Disappointing that their own customer service has people who are so clearly out of the loop handing out false information.

• Informative
Reactions: Arran
Status
Not open for further replies.