Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've just had an email saying I need to review my invoice and pay it. The only invoice I have is one which has been showing for weeks now, will I get a revised invoice or is this the one I need to review? It states 30th September delivery, does this email mean it's likely to be correct or should I not get excited yet? :D

Is it a 'final invoice'?

Finally, I have a pick up date of Sep. 12 for my P+, MSM, black interior.
Reserved 31/3/16, ordered 1/5/19.

Pickup date "subject to change" of course, so it's not over until it's sitting on my drive...

Excellent! Same day as me! Well done, at LONG last!

Is there a benefit in merging the non-form responses with the form responses so we have all the stats?

They are merged. Sometimes there is a small delay, but I 'validate' the form responses before adding them to the main sheet (Reservation Sort - because this was the original sheet). Once I have a few new entries I then delete the other sheets, replace and re-sort. That's why the data on those lag the Reservation Sort sheet a bit. @-DB- draws all the data for the graphs etc. from the 'Reservation Sort' sheet. The form response sheet is auto-created and updated by users via the form but not everyone wants to use the form.

Any timescale ideas for when SC VIN changes to visible VIN? Days, weeks, magic 8 ball?

Sometimes days, sometimes a week to 2 weeks, occasionally longer. Sometimes the SC VIN disappears.

Only five confirmed Birmingham deliveries so far - I'd reckon on the same kind of delivery span as the SR+, P- and LRAWD......I'm sure I've seen talk on the forum of P+ collection there though (just not on the sheet).

Anyone can change their delivery location by requesting it. I was offered a change to Heathrow or Bristol from Birmingham for the same VIN/Car. After the SCVIN appeared. The car was most likely not sitting at a Service Centre at the time. I asked for whichever would be soonest.

There is an option on google forms that allows you to edit responses after submitting.

only catch is you have to log in to submit a form.

Yeah. Plus it only updates the sheet it created when it was linked it to the file. Plus a host of other complications. I think I'd need to create a new file, copy the data in but then only records created by the form could be updated and I'm not sure how it would react if combined with a bunch of rows not created by the form.

Is it a 'final invoice'?

Excellent! Same day as me! Well done, at LONG last!

They are merged. Sometimes there is a small delay, but I 'validate' the form responses before adding them to the main sheet (Reservation Sort - because this was the original sheet). Once I have a few new entries I then delete the other sheets, replace and re-sort. That's why the data on those lag the Reservation Sort sheet a bit. @-DB- draws all the data for the graphs etc. from the 'Reservation Sort' sheet. The form response sheet is auto-created and updated by users via the form but not everyone wants to use the form.

Sometimes days, sometimes a week to 2 weeks, occasionally longer. Sometimes the SC VIN disappears.

Anyone can change their delivery location by requesting it. I was offered a change to Heathrow or Bristol from Birmingham for the same VIN/Car. After the SCVIN appeared. The car was most likely not sitting at a Service Centre at the time. I asked for whichever would be soonest.

Yeah. Plus it only updates the sheet it created when it was linked it to the file. Plus a host of other complications. I think I'd need to create a new file, copy the data in but then only records created by the form could be updated and I'm not sure how it would react if combined with a bunch of rows not created by the form.

Yes it's a final invoice, just hoping I don't get a final invoice 2 with a letter date!

Reactions: m3gt2
Hi @ME_UK. Sorry should have updated the Order Sheet. Ended up changing spec to MSM and picked up on Tuesday. Loving it so far. Hope that you don't have to wait too much longer but at least when you do there'll be one less Stormtrooper SR+ on the road!

Reactions: RjbT3
It does amaze me how far behind the curve they are, when I've ordered new cars from the "legacy" manufacturers (Fiat, BMW, Mazda etc) they have all been able to provide at least some insight into the status of the order rather than just "a few months"
That's what happens when you get a manufacturer that builds a small spec of cars that could later be assigned to anybody in a queue rather than actually building your car

In terms of the delivery team. Surely in this day and age with everything computerised Tesla could reassign some of its customer service staff in the US to handle the massive back log of enquiries from the U.K.? Telephone system is likely to be IP based so calls could be handled in the US as well. Assuming that the US customer service is better than the U.K. of course!

One can only hope the process will be a lot slicker when the Y (and truck) are launched as I suspect the demand will be even greater.

Hi @ME_UK. Sorry should have updated the Order Sheet. Ended up changing spec to MSM and picked up on Tuesday. Loving it so far. Hope that you don't have to wait too much longer but at least when you do there'll be one less Stormtrooper SR+ on the road!

MSM was our other choice, we only changed at the last minute - jealous! Cannot wait to get ours......if it ever leaves Philadelphia. Now kind of hoping for a VIN change so I can scoop one sooner....

Hold on a wee minute :cool:

You were offered Bristol as a delivery option? How did this offer happen? Any advice on how I can request this too. I also have a SC VIN but nothing else.

I live 15 minutes from Bristol. I’ve been in the Cribbs Tesla store on multiple occasions before (and since) I ordered my Model 3. Yet when I ordered in June I was offered only Heathrow or Birmingham. I picked Birmingham simply due to a simpler train journey but it’s still 90 minutes to 2 hours away. I’d love it to be Bristol.

I now have a VIN, finally! Changed to P- 18" Aero from LRAWD 19" Wheels. They still couldn't say if a car matching my spec was on the way.

I have to pay slightly more for the P- and I may also want to purchase different wheels aftermarket, so I dropped FSD. I was a little miffed at the £900 FSD price increase particularly as I originally ordered before the price rise on May 10th.

Interestingly though, my Trade-in value is suddenly looking quite good. They are honouring the initial quote which at the time looked awful, but with all the miles I have added over the summer, coupled with the waiting time, the actual resale value of my car has dropped. The mileage limit at 2000 miles per month from Tesla on the trade-in car valuation is pretty reasonable. So, for those of you who have a trade-in quote and have been waiting quite some time, you may find the trade-in value of your old car is now looking better.

Another interesting snippet came from talking to the team in Amsterdam. They said they have the ability to view all the unallocated cars in transit and on the ground in the UK and switch my spec to match an alternative car. I will find out for sure on Monday morning if there is a similar spec LRAWD car with 19" Sport wheels or 18" Aeros for me to switch to prior to my collection appointment on Thursday. I offered to collect from any UK service centre.

Reactions: Fullerene
I now have a VIN, finally! Changed to P- 18" Aero from LRAWD 19" Wheels. They still couldn't say if a car matching my spec was on the way.

I have to pay slightly more for the P- and I may also want to purchase different wheels aftermarket, so I dropped FSD. I was a little miffed at the £900 FSD price increase particularly as I originally ordered before the price rise on May 10th.

Interestingly though, my Trade-in value is suddenly looking quite good. They are honouring the initial quote which at the time looked awful, but with all the miles I have added over the summer, coupled with the waiting time, the actual resale value of my car has dropped. The mileage limit at 2000 miles per month from Tesla on the trade-in car valuation is pretty reasonable. So, for those of you who have a trade-in quote and have been waiting quite some time, you may find the trade-in value of your old car is now looking better.

Another interesting snippet came from talking to the team in Amsterdam. They said they have the ability to view all the unallocated cars in transit and on the ground in the UK and switch my spec to match an alternative car. I will find out for sure on Monday morning if there is a similar spec LRAWD car with 19" Sport wheels or 18" Aeros for me to switch to prior to my collection appointment on Thursday. I offered to collect from any UK service centre.

How did you manage to get to a Tesla team in Amsterdam?? Can’t seem to get to talk to anyone in the Uk!!

Hold on a wee minute :cool:

You were offered Bristol as a delivery option? How did this offer happen? Any advice on how I can request this too. I also have a SC VIN but nothing else.

I live 15 minutes from Bristol. I’ve been in the Cribbs Tesla store on multiple occasions before (and since) I ordered my Model 3. Yet when I ordered in June I was offered only Heathrow or Birmingham. I picked Birmingham simply due to a simpler train journey but it’s still 90 minutes to 2 hours away. I’d love it to be Bristol.

Thinking hard now about how the conversation actually went. I've now had two conversations about SC collection points. This was the first one last week. I said I could collect from pretty much any SC in the UK, including Edinburgh. They asked me which collection points I would prioritise and said I could still pick because they could be flexible as the car wasn't in the UK. I said go for Bristol first, Birmingham second and then Heathrow, as I am pretty central between the three of them. They said OK, they would email confirmation and came back with Birmingham. She never said Bristol wasn't an option. In fact, Bristol was an option when I first ordered way back in May but I chose Birmingham.

• Informative
Reactions: interbear
How did you manage to get to a Tesla team in Amsterdam?? Can’t seem to get to talk to anyone in the Uk!!
They called me. I havent made a phone call to anyone at Tesla for about 2 months. I did the hour+ on hold before the line was cut once back in June and never tried again. All correspondence has been emailed with plenty of phone calls from Tesla but after a very long time of no contact. I ended up writing a long complaint and requesting a refund of my reservation deposit (without the order deposit being refunded or cancelled). They clearly wouldn't and couldn't do this and it has never been mentioned, but the email chain included someone with a senior sounding title and I jumped on that. She has been very helpful and incredibly responsive.

You were offered Bristol as a delivery option? How did this offer happen? Any advice on how I can request this too

Cribbs seemed the easiest for me to get to and I had assumed it would be possible to deliver there. But, following my test drive there, I placed an order whilst in the store and was told they don't deliver to there. Opted for Heathrow.

Also, to the creator of the order sheet: Thanks. It's nice to be able to have a rough idea of how things are progressing, what kind of options people have picked, and how popular it is. I'm guessing the order numbers are UK only considering they begin really low. If that's the case, the increased demand in August is apparent from those numbers. I just wish I'd considered the car earlier!

Reactions: RjbT3
Good news, that's promising! How were you able to select a P- with them? Just because there are still a few coming over without orders? I would have gone for a P- if I could have (LR AWD instead).

Regarding Bristol, it isn't an option, I double checked with them by email a couple of days ago.

Good news, that's promising! How were you able to select a P- with them? Just because there are still a few coming over without orders? I would have gone for a P- if I could have (LR AWD instead).

Regarding Bristol, it isn't an option, I double checked with them by email a couple of days ago.
I guess it was a P- someone cancelled either because the LRAWD is quite a bit cheaper and the P+ is pretty much the same price now.

About Bristol, explains why I wasn't offered collection from there. Strange how it was an option on the website back in May and that the person I was talking to didn't say it wasn't being used. Perhaps they didn't know at the time. Shame, it would be pretty handy for a lot of customers, particularly with the 100 mile limit on reporting any paint defects after collection. Also, Portbury docks is a massive new car port which could be handy.

I guess it was a P- someone cancelled either because the LRAWD is quite a bit cheaper and the P+ is pretty much the same price now.

About Bristol, explains why I wasn't offered collection from there. Strange how it was an option on the website back in May and that the person I was talking to didn't say it wasn't being used. Perhaps they didn't know at the time. Shame, it would be pretty handy for a lot of customers, particularly with the 100 mile limit on reporting any paint defects after collection. Also, Portbury docks is a massive new car port which could be handy.
Very cool, right place right time to snag that then I guess! :) Yes Bristol would help me being in South Wales, but birm isn't too bad and M50 and heads of the valley is a great drive home. Could even go via Brecon beacons :cool:

I think it may be 200 miles to report defects now, which is very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.