Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked mine up this morning at 10 am from Leeds. Happy to say the procedure went like clockwork...and can confirm no passenger alert system fitted. Coming from my last two cars being a Jaguar XF 3.0 D followed by a BMW 435 XDrive (0-60 in 4.6 seconds)...this car is a dream to Drive. Acceleration is out of this world, the adaptive cruise control works like a charm, didn’t touch the brake or accelerator for approx 80 miles on my trip home. Had a play with Autopilot and yes it works pretty well on motorways...but as soon as you want to switch lanes it turns itself off.

Car was fully charged on pickup too which means I have not had to visit a charging point yet. Got one at home so will probably try that out in the next couple of days.

For anyone waiting, it’s 110 percent worth it. Also got Tesla to make up my private reg plates which they had ready for me on arrival.

More playing to come!

Out of curiosity, when did you order your vehicle?

I ordered mine mid-September, so if I have a PWS or not depends on if it was built to order or already built I suppose. :)

• Love
Reactions: Lawtq
Tesla quoted me 10 weeks for delivery when I ordered on 14 October. That takes me to 23 December. What delivery times were quoted to people who are getting their cars now - or weren't times quoted? It seems to me that if they are quoting 10 weeks they ought to be expecting that the vast majority will be delivered in round about that time period. It looks like 10 weeks is a lot quicker than the wait experienced by people getting their cars now.

In practice I won't be able to collect over the Christmas - New Year period. What experience have people had delaying collection to a convenient date? The paperwork seems to suggest that if not collected within a week of the offered date they may sell the car to someone else - presumably putting you back to square one.

Anyone collected their car from Birmingham Summer Hill Road? I collected my MS from the Birmingham Digbeth branch.. but my wife is being asked to collect her M3 from what seems to be a new location. What's the experience like? I'm hoping she gets the flashy 'cover removal' moment like I did!

Tesla quoted me 10 weeks for delivery when I ordered on 14 October. That takes me to 23 December. What delivery times were quoted to people who are getting their cars now - or weren't times quoted? It seems to me that if they are quoting 10 weeks they ought to be expecting that the vast majority will be delivered in round about that time period. It looks like 10 weeks is a lot quicker than the wait experienced by people getting their cars now.

In practice I won't be able to collect over the Christmas - New Year period. What experience have people had delaying collection to a convenient date? The paperwork seems to suggest that if not collected within a week of the offered date they may sell the car to someone else - presumably putting you back to square one.
When I ordered at beginning of August (8) projected delivery was September. Final Invoice gave delivery as 2 October but problems with Scottish loan pushed that back until 9 October. I have since had dates of 6 November, 18 November, 6 November, 15 November and final invoice number 8 sits on 18 November. In my opinion, it would be fair to plan for 3 months from ordering. If you are closer to HQ you might stand a chance of sooner. If you can pick something up from inventory it could be a matter of a couple of weeks,

Anyone collected their car from Birmingham Summer Hill Road? I collected my MS from the Birmingham Digbeth branch.. but my wife is being asked to collect her M3 from what seems to be a new location. What's the experience like? I'm hoping she gets the flashy 'cover removal' moment like I did!

I collected my M3P from there end of September, it seemed more of a depot rather than a showroom, so no glitz or covers etc, just loads of cars ready for collection

the experience was fine though, nice bunch there

My pickup day is tomorrow in Stockport. My final invoice is still the full amount despite the fact that I'm financing through Black Horse.

I take it I just pay the remaining deposit (£2.5k) and Black Horse will do the rest?

Just wondering... How did you get the quote from Tesla? I didn't get any estimated delivery dates when I ordered (via online). Did you phone them?

I organised a test drive and then placed an order in the Milton Keynes showroom. The rep there quoted 10 weeks when I made my initial enquiry and organised the test drive. He repeated that when placing the order. Nothing in writing though.

Spoke to Tesla this morning. the said they i have been vin matched expecting my car to be at heathrow on 22/11/19. Couldn't give me a delivery date yet, but they expect to hopefully by the end of the week. Only seen Vin in source code so far. ordered M3P+ msm/black aug 15th.

I spoke to Tesla this morning and they said that my car (M3P+)hadn't been allocated yet and none of the ships that have left port have a car allocated for me. the earliest might be the ship due to arrive towards the end of November with a potential delivery of mid-december but going on others' experience on here (I ordered 14th October) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get my car until January.
I can't wait that long! I don't have a car and another 2 months without one just makes our family life really hard and my wife has to drag our children out to pick me up and drop me off places.
so, I've changed my order for an inventory LR AWD instead. even though I was looking forward to the performance model I have no doubt that I'll be very happy with the LR AWD instead. after all 4.4s 0-60 is no slouch!
the car is sat in Southampton so hopefully I should get it within the next couple of weeks.

I spoke to Tesla this morning and they said that my car (M3P+)hadn't been allocated yet and none of the ships that have left port have a car allocated for me. the earliest might be the ship due to arrive towards the end of November with a potential delivery of mid-december but going on others' experience on here (I ordered 14th October) I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get my car until January.
I can't wait that long! I don't have a car and another 2 months without one just makes our family life really hard and my wife has to drag our children out to pick me up and drop me off places.
so, I've changed my order for an inventory LR AWD instead. even though I was looking forward to the performance model I have no doubt that I'll be very happy with the LR AWD instead. after all 4.4s 0-60 is no slouch!
the car is sat in Southampton so hopefully I should get it within the next couple of weeks.

im in same position, how easy is it to change to an inventory car? what would I need to do? thanks for help and advice.

im in same position, how easy is it to change to an inventory car? what would I need to do? thanks for help and advice.

it was really easy. I just phoned them up and they sorted it out on the phone. :)

although, now I'm having regrets as the M3P+ with those 20" grey wheels and red brake callipers do look good. :rolleyes:

only kidding. I've no doubts I'll love the LR AWD and if I don't then I have 7 days to return it for a full refund!

There’s a chance that you’ll be part of Tesla’s end of year rush. Q3 ended in a big effort to get cars delivered and the end of Q4 is likely to be similar

Status
Not open for further replies.