Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla have just confirmed my order change to the inventory car that's sat in Southampton docks. Not got a delivery date yet, though.

My original order was for a black LR, with black interior and aero wheels, and that was due for delivery 2nd week in December, so will presumably now be available to be VIN matched to someone else that's ordered that spec.

Just seen a car on the inventory list that's close in spec to my order, so rang Tesla. Bit of a wait on hold, but very helpful chap told me my order was now VIN matched (although that doesn't show on the order page yet) and was due for collection 2nd week in December (ordered on 23rd October).

He's trying to see if I can swap my order to the inventory car right now (he's promised to call me back) as that's apparently in Southampton docks at the moment. Fingers crossed...

good luck!

(out of interest, are you the Jeremy Harris self-builder who's blog I'm currently reading?)

good luck!

(out of interest, are you the Jeremy Harris self-builder who's blog I'm currently reading?)

Funny old thing, but yes, I am that self-builder (or rather was, as the house has been finished for a while now). Small world, isn't it? I also approved your membership of a self-build form a week or so ago, I think.

Swapping to an inventory car has saved me some cash plus meant that I'd got the 19" sport wheels, rather than the aero wheels.

Funny old thing, but yes, I am that self-builder (or rather was, as the house has been finished for a while now). Small world, isn't it? I also approved your membership of a self-build form a week or so ago, I think.

Swapping to an inventory car has saved me some cash plus meant that I'd got the 19" sport wheels, rather than the aero wheels.

it is a small world indeed! are you having to increase your PV array to accommodate the new Model 3 charging? (assuming this is your first EV that is!)
it's a great self-build blog btw. I love your ingenuity to get everything working and your hands-on approach. i think I'll be a bit more off-the-shelf when our build gets going mid-2020 some time but there is great information in your blog and I thank you very much for it.

Reactions: Glan gluaisne
how come some on inventroy are called 2019 Model 3 and some are 2020 Model 3? what is difference?

That is the Model Year. Manufacturers typically make changes to cars and launch the next years model towards the end of the current year. I’m not sure what changes there are on the Model 3 apart from the Performance having grey wheels for MY2020 compared to Silver for MY2019.

it is a small world indeed! are you having to increase your PV array to accommodate the new Model 3 charging? (assuming this is your first EV that is!)

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated.

I've been driving plug-in cars since 2013, first a Prius Plug-in, and the past year a BMW i3. I built my own charge point, so that I can use spare generation capacity from the PV array to charge, albeit at a fairly low rate (it's not often there's more than about 5 kW spare from the PV system). As charging time relates to distance driven each day I suspect that the M3 will be roughly the same as the i3, maybe a bit more as it's a bigger car.

how come some on inventroy are called 2019 Model 3 and some are 2020 Model 3? what is difference?

I think this relates to when the US model year changes. IIRC, they change the model year part way through the year before, and that year is assigned during manufacture. I don't think it means much in the UK, TBH, unless there has been some design change that coincides with the model year change (don't think that's the case with the M3, except, perhaps, for the grey, rather than silver, wheels).

[edited to add that I cross-posted with @JCremonini ]

My account now has the final invoice, with a delivery date of 11th November. To say I'm gobsmacked is just a bit of an understatement.

Bit of a shock, as I only changed the order to an inventory car this afternoon. As I need to get insurance arranged, transfer the final balance, as well as make a ~2 hour train and taxi trip to West Drayton, it looks as if Monday is going to be just a little bit hectic...

My account now has the final invoice, with a delivery date of 11th November. To say I'm gobsmacked is just a bit of an understatement.

Bit of a shock, as I only changed the order to an inventory car this afternoon. As I need to get insurance arranged, transfer the final balance, as well as make a ~2 hour train and taxi trip to West Drayton, it looks as if Monday is going to be just a little bit hectic...
Ignore the delivery date on the final invoice. You’ll get a separate notification of the actual delivery date. The one on my final invoice was the very next day after ordering (stateing 5/11) and I knew the car was in Southampton so no chance of that! I got a delivery date email a day or two after with 18/11 on it which is more realistic.

Reactions: Glan gluaisne
Ignore the delivery date on the final invoice. You’ll get a separate notification of the actual delivery date. The one on my final invoice was the very next day after ordering (stateing 5/11) and I knew the car was in Southampton so no chance of that! I got a delivery date email a day or two after with 18/11 on it which is more realistic.

Thanks for that. Mild panic was setting in as to how I'd get everything done in time for Monday. Much as I'd like the car quickly, I have a few thing to do first, including changing the reg on my current car etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.