Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do people know which ship their SC VIN is on? I’ve had a VIN in the SC for a while but I’m not expecting delivery for a month or so.
I got a VIN in the SC about 1st Nov, so I just phoned the delivery number (01628 450604, 1 then 1 again). They confirmed I had been allocated a car and they told me which ship it was on. Delivery around the first week of December. Only took a couple of minutes to get through to them.

New to the party, ordered M3P 06/08/2019

Still no delivery date, so frustrated at the lack of communication or ability for anyone to give an answer. I was hopeful it would be mid Nov but looking at orders being concluded well after my initial order date I'm now doubtful.

New to the party, ordered M3P 06/08/2019

Still no delivery date, so frustrated at the lack of communication or ability for anyone to give an answer. I was hopeful it would be mid Nov but looking at orders being concluded well after my initial order date I'm now doubtful.

?

Some M3P's have just gone on to the inventory so may be worth giving them a call.

Customer support said Mid Dec :(:(

Customer support said Mid Dec :(:(
I ordered around the same time as you. P+ Blue/Black. Got a source code VIN around a day before Jasper Arrow hit the Panama canal. Lease company have been told to expect end of Nov delivery. According to them, Jasper Arrow is heavy on Performance models.

Note - I've heard nothing from Tesla and my account is still showing the same as it did the day the order went live. If you haven't already, check for a source code VIN, make sure you are on the "Manage" page when you view source or it will not work.

Hi All, Just joined up and very excited. So our Model 3 is expected to be delivered next Tuesday. I have been reading the forums quite a bit before joining up and I hope we don't run into what I have read on here that you schdule a delivery date and show up and nothing is there. Fingers crossed.
We got a grey model 3 extended range with the upgraded wheels, at first I was like eh but now I', super excited to try it out!

Rang Telsa today as I hadn't seen a VIN, nor heard anything about a delivery despite being told late November. I was told that I didn't have a car assigned to me yet, and may not have delivery until end of December or beyond. I ordered a white on white MP3 on the 25th September.

They mentioned at the end of the call that I could check inventory if I would considering changing the spec. I had a look and sure enough there was my exact spec (said it was a 2020 model by the way) ready to go in inventory. Rang them back and they were happy to assign me that car. Delivery early to mid December. Any idea which boat that's likely to be? They couldn't tell me that.

Very glad I rang! VIN now in source code, matching the VIN from the inventory model. Rest of the Manage page is still the same though.

This is why I have the inventory page as my homepage in the browser :) I did the same (ordered 2nd of November), have been told the swap is done and delivery is mid-december. But I still can't see the hidden VIN...
Go to your account page, click on manage, then click on the web address at the top and check it is on the ‘product-finalize’ page it should say:
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXXXXXX (this should be your own RN number at the end). Then you can search the source code for your VIN. Hope this helps.

Reactions: J0hn.r
Go to your account page, click on manage, then click on the web address at the top and check it is on the ‘product-finalize’ page it should say:
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/teslaaccount/product-finalize?rn=RNXXXXXXX (this should be your own RN number at the end). Then you can search the source code for your VIN. Hope this helps.

Thank you! Yes the correct VIN appears in there. So strange - if I log in and click Manage on the page, it takes me to a different URL:
https:// www.tesla.com /en_GB/teslaaccount/profile?rn=RNxx

I could not find any link to take me to the product-finalize link, but I can open it as you mentioned.

I ordered around the same time as you. P+ Blue/Black. Got a source code VIN around a day before Jasper Arrow hit the Panama canal. Lease company have been told to expect end of Nov delivery. According to them, Jasper Arrow is heavy on Performance models.

Note - I've heard nothing from Tesla and my account is still showing the same as it did the day the order went live. If you haven't already, check for a source code VIN, make sure you are on the "Manage" page when you view source or it will not work.

No VIN in SC, although I have been told three times on separate occasions there's a vehicle assigned. I have zero confidence now in the order process and believe I'm being told I have a vehicle to appease me. The problem is there's zero transparency and appears to be no escalation route.

No VIN in SC, although I have been told three times on separate occasions there's a vehicle assigned. I have zero confidence now in the order process and believe I'm being told I have a vehicle to appease me. The problem is there's zero transparency and appears to be no escalation route.

FWIW I was told the same on the 'phone, that my order had been matched to a car that was on route to the UK and that delivery was scheduled for early December. I'd seen nothing prior to me ringing them up.

It seemed to me that the chap on the 'phone (who was very helpful) had far more information available than had been passed to me, either directly or indirectly via the SC.

It does seem as if Tesla's UK sales system is a bit of a shambles, but it also seems as if the staff are trying their best to work around the problems. As an example, shortly after I came off the 'phone to them, the details changed on my account web page to reflect the changes made over the 'phone. Half an hour or so later, the chap I'd spoken to at Tesla called me back to tell me that the changes had gone through OK, and when I told him that I'd already seen this on my account, he expressed surprise, as he didn't think that part of their system was working that well.

I've seen 3 M3P on inventory today. Called and matched the blue one to my order. Told to expect mid-December delivery...finger crossed!

BTW the order page is not refreshed, no VIN - when is that going to be refreshed?

Did you have to put a new order through and then they cancel and refund your active order? As that's what they said I had to do.. put me off as refunded would take weeks of the £2k

I've seen 3 M3P on inventory today. Called and matched the blue one to my order. Told to expect mid-December delivery...finger crossed!

BTW the order page is not refreshed, no VIN - when is that going to be refreshed?

*checks to make sure hidden vin is still the same*

That's when mines meant to be coming, I'm presuming grey wheels on the "inventory model"?
Did you get any info like what ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.