Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered on the 26th ish I think off the top of my head. Then called asking for an RN number and an update. Spoke to a legend of a bloke who said March April but if I’m not fussy on colour go for an inventory car. So I did. My lease company changed order right away. Called back today collection Boxing Day then pulled forward to before Christmas. Absolutely landed. Hope that helps
I’m just asking because I’m pretty much in the same situation. My original order from October was estimated for February delivery and I bought an inventory car on the 29th of November initially being told that will be delivered before Christmas. Called Tesla yesterday spoken to a lady named Hanna, not quite useful and was told that is not a date yet and should expect it next year some point, although made it clear on the time of order that I want it before Christmas and asked twice if the car is 100% in the UK if not I won’t place another order.

Hi Folks. Been lurking since ordering my (lease) M3 SR+ back in September. Just wondered if anyone else who had a collection from Heathrow today had a phone call this morning cancelling their appointment? Fairly disappointing for me considering I was about an hour away from getting a lift to the train station.

I was told via phone 2 days ago my car is in zeebrugge but not to expect delivery till mid Jan :( Why take over a month to ship to UK? Im just living in hope of an unexpected xmas present. If only i could just jump over there and get it! I would be on the next flight lol M3P MSM ordered via Tusker Mid October.

I was told via phone 2 days ago my car is in zeebrugge but not to expect delivery till mid Jan :( Why take over a month to ship to UK? Im just living in hope of an unexpected xmas present. If only i could just jump over there and get it! I would be on the next flight lol M3P MSM ordered via Tusker Mid October.

I was constantly told by Tesla to expect delivery end of Dec beginning of Jan. I'm picking up next Thursday.

Reactions: DaveyJ2019
I was constantly told by Tesla to expect delivery end of Dec beginning of Jan. I'm picking up next Thursday.
I can live in hope. When did tesla get in touch about delivery how far in advance? My leasing company are still saying end of March for delivery. Spoke to them today and they are going to chase tesla for an update. Just cant see how it can take a month to get car over here from belgium. Unless tesla lying to me about having a car assigned lol

I’m just asking because I’m pretty much in the same situation. My original order from October was estimated for February delivery and I bought an inventory car on the 29th of November initially being told that will be delivered before Christmas. Called Tesla yesterday spoken to a lady named Hanna, not quite useful and was told that is not a date yet and should expect it next year some point, although made it clear on the time of order that I want it before Christmas and asked twice if the car is 100% in the UK if not I won’t place another order.

Tbh I think it depends who you are talking too. I would ring again in the morning and play dull. Just say your looking for an update on delivery — might get you a different answer ? Just a thought. Hopefully it will come through for you mate

I ordered a M3P black/black on 31/10 through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts (lease plan) and didn’t hear anything for weeks. Chased them a couple of times for the RN but they said they’re not allowed to give it out (despite them giving it to others on this forum). Eventually they came back and said Tesla have matched me to a car and delivery was 31/1/20. Not ideal as my current car is due to go back next week, also seemed strange Tesla arranging a delivery so far in advance.

Anyway, I got fed up today and called Tesla directly myself in the hope I’d get someone half sensible who could track down my order without the RN, and got lucky. The guy found the order through my linked Tesla account (even though it doesn’t currently show any products) and quickly dropped the bomb that I hadn’t even been matched to a car yet let alone secured a delivery date!

Clearly picking up on the sound of my disappointment he said he’d have a look through inventory then call me back. Doubtful I’d hear from him again, 15 minutes later the phone rang, he said he’d found an exact match in inventory and switched it for delivery 27/12! Happy days. He said they’re trying to deliver as many as possible before Xmas so they may even bring the date forward!

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here. But if you have ordered through a leasing company it’s worth calling Tesla directly for updates as I don’t think lease companies want the hassle.

Reactions: Chalks99
I can live in hope. When did tesla get in touch about delivery how far in advance? My leasing company are still saying end of March for delivery. Spoke to them today and they are going to chase tesla for an update. Just cant see how it can take a month to get car over here from belgium. Unless tesla lying to me about having a car assigned lol

There have been many cars stuck in Belgium, mine was one of them. Had been there for a month. Re delivery, no email or text, a date appeared in my Tesla account, I queried this with my lease company, they told me my car was on a boat.

Monday I got an email from my lease company confirming delivery next Thursday.

I ordered a M3P black/black on 31/10 through Nationwide Vehicle Contracts (lease plan) and didn’t hear anything for weeks. Chased them a couple of times for the RN but they said they’re not allowed to give it out (despite them giving it to others on this forum). Eventually they came back and said Tesla have matched me to a car and delivery was 31/1/20. Not ideal as my current car is due to go back next week, also seemed strange Tesla arranging a delivery so far in advance.

Anyway, I got fed up today and called Tesla directly myself in the hope I’d get someone half sensible who could track down my order without the RN, and got lucky. The guy found the order through my linked Tesla account (even though it doesn’t currently show any products) and quickly dropped the bomb that I hadn’t even been matched to a car yet let alone secured a delivery date!

Clearly picking up on the sound of my disappointment he said he’d have a look through inventory then call me back. Doubtful I’d hear from him again, 15 minutes later the phone rang, he said he’d found an exact match in inventory and switched it for delivery 27/12! Happy days. He said they’re trying to deliver as many as possible before Xmas so they may even bring the date forward!

Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly from here. But if you have ordered through a leasing company it’s worth calling Tesla directly for updates as I don’t think lease companies want the hassle.

Great news. I can almost guarantee I had the same chap as you. Seems too similar to how I was treated. My colleague just ordered a M3P MS on B interior and got a date 27th. He ordered today!!!

Great news. I can almost guarantee I had the same chap as you. Seems too similar to how I was treated. My colleague just ordered a M3P MS on B interior and got a date 27th. He ordered today!!!
How is that even possible?? What a joke. Tesla should be fulfilling the orders they already have first. Doesn't seem fair that some wait three months and others can rock up put an order in and get a car in three weeks.

Reactions: Skully and Chalks99
Anyone got a good number to call RE delivery? I ordered mine (Blue Performance, White Interior) 2 weeks ago and was told 3 month delivery. Text arrived last night saying 20th December West Drayton.. Good right? Not so much, quick call to pod point and couldn't install until Jan. So said No, rearrange on text. Ordered Pod Point, made a call, they made a call, now install on 16th Dec..... Now I need to speak with Tesla and say I want to keep my slot!!!! But the 01895 714009 just keeps me on hold for what seems like hours!!!
Ordered charger installation on 2 October. I'm still waiting. Got the car on 20th November, I charge where ever possible, even using the 3-pin home charger, no problems. You should still got the car.

Collected my white SR+ from Manchester South today. Ordered mid October switched to an inventory car early November. Excellent collection experience, a couple of very minor cosmetic issues logged. Staff all very helpful and happy to give us as much time as we wanted. Car charged to 80% for the drive home across the snake pass, a great route for a first drive in the car and it didn’t disappoint. Even in the SR+ the acceleration when overtaking is just brilliant!! For those still waiting, as everyone says, hang in there it’s worth the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.