Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear you. I ordered mine (SR+ White ext, black int) 28th October and no VIN yet. Was told by Tesla on the phone yesterday to expect late Jan to early Feb. As someone said above it's the lack of clarity of information that is frustrating. I was expecting mine before Christmas based on earlier information provided.

Patience is a virtue.

Anna, out of interest where are you having your car delivered?

No VIN in SC, although I have been told three times on separate occasions there's a vehicle assigned. I have zero confidence now in the order process and believe I'm being told I have a vehicle to appease me. The problem is there's zero transparency and appears to be no escalation route.

Out of the blue I get notification my car was available for delivery on 20th dec with a six day notice. Did not get the reg till the morning of and only sorted insurance(at a cost!) half an hour before pickup. Even on the way to collect the car I doubted if I had made the largest financial mistake of my life, paid for the car upfront M3P.

The order process and lack of communication, insurance cost etc all really soured the experience before I had the car. However these cars are immense!!! well worth the wait as I absolutely love it, hope everyone is experiencing the same with their vehicles.

Reactions: SimonT and Flatchat
It seems (from comments posted on here) that Tesla need to focus on customer service in their preferred delivery location! Or how’s about they ship some of the cars to other branches that already offer this..... Just saying ;)

Agreed. Or do delivery from docks as they do over on the continent. However, that would be me being selfish as I had to travel to West Drayton to collect mine. Southampton is only 15mins form me.

Reactions: ringi
I'm lurking here waiting to place my order. Currently it predicts February delivery on the website. I take it I should read that with a huge pinch of salt then!

What do you get from Tesla that formalises your order? I need something to prove I have an EV on order for the charging point grant support.

Hello, first post, quick question about ordering if I may.

If considering a trade in do you have to indicate that at the beginning of the order process, or can it be added at any time thereafter?

Planning to place an order for a M3 Performance imminently and look forward to learning a lot here.

Thanks, Mike.

I'm lurking here waiting to place my order. Currently it predicts February delivery on the website. I take it I should read that with a huge pinch of salt then!

What do you get from Tesla that formalises your order? I need something to prove I have an EV on order for the charging point grant support.

I ordered a couple of days ago - once you login you get an invoice which details what you have ordered and that you have put down a 750 quid deposit.

Reactions: Gatsojon
Hello, first post, quick question about ordering if I may.

If considering a trade in do you have to indicate that at the beginning of the order process, or can it be added at any time thereafter?

Planning to place an order for a M3 Performance imminently and look forward to learning a lot here.

Thanks, Mike.

What I have found is that you place the order with a £750 deposit. That lets you create your account. You then have a number of steps to do on the website - but these *appear* not to be linked to the order, i.e. it looks like the order progresses but you will at some stage need to do them - these include:

1) trade in
2) payment (cash, PCP, lease)

Absolute pot luck. I placed my order late October and picked it up late November. Was just over a month between order and collection.

Reactions: Jez_GB and Gatsojon
I ordered a couple of days ago - once you login you get an invoice which details what you have ordered and that you have put down a 750 quid deposit.

Yep - like @chewystuey said - I used the invoice with PodPoint - they were happy with that as proof! Only ordered the charging point on Monday, they are installing next Friday - Tesla could learn summat here ;)

Reactions: Gatsojon
Status
Not open for further replies.