Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is the 'hidden VIN' clue only available to those who placed their order direct via the Tesla website?

I've ordered via Leaseplan so don't have a user account set-up on the Tesla website so I'm guessing I just have to sit tight and wait for Tesla to contact me when the car is here and ready to collect?

Correct, you cannot look it up. Leaseplan might be able to though.

Reactions: Flatchat
Wierdly I ordered with leaseplan (chosen by my company) who must have sent something to Tesla as I then got a Tesla account linked to my company email address almost immediately, but it has no vehicle order details and the source code fields are all empty.

Been like that for last 7 weeks. I may be paying a penalty for ordering white/white on the LR but who knows what mysteries control the Tesla order process .....

Are you checking the source code? My code shows a VIN but the account has no delivery details entered. How long ago did you pay the initial payment?

I'm going through a broker. My Tesla account shows me a link to the Powerwall and my referral code. Nothing in source code that has reference to a VIN. I guess this is the brave new world of buying a Tesla.

Trying hard not to get frustrated, bin the thing and get an RS4 (round ye Greta).

• Funny
Reactions: DaddyCool
Wierdly I ordered with leaseplan (chosen by my company) who must have sent something to Tesla as I then got a Tesla account linked to my company email address almost immediately, but it has no vehicle order details and the source code fields are all empty.

Been like that for last 7 weeks. I may be paying a penalty for ordering white/white on the LR but who knows what mysteries control the Tesla order process .....

I too have ordered a LR white/white. Do you think that's causing a delay? I ordered mine last week of November '19 through Evans Halshaw and hoping for a late Feb delivery.

• Love
Reactions: SteveM3P
Hello UK Tesla people, glad I found you!

I originally ordered a M3 LR White paint with Tow bar in mid October. By the time I got to December I realised I couldn't justify the cost to my company and changed to a SR+ white paint with towbar. I was told it would arrive mid January.

Then in mid December I got a text saying your car will be ready to collect 20 Dec 2019! I raced around trying to get my company to get all the finance approved but could not get it sorted in time and agreed with Tesla on 17 Dec 20 that they would have to give it to someone else.

Sods law the finance got approved on the 19 Dec, so I could of collected it after all but too late by then.

So no idea where that now puts me in the pecking order. As I said no to the one offered I guess they will drop me to the bottom of the list!

I have called ~once per week since then. Tesla basically say it is pot luck what is on the boats. I was also told on the phone it isnt allocated just by who ordered first! They couldn't tell me how it is decided. To be honest I get a different story every time I call. The most honest chap was one that basically said Tesla UK have no idea what will come in each shipment until they are close to arrival so any timescale they give is a guess until they get a list. Every week when I call they say we will know more in 2-3 weeks.

It would be good to know how many others have ordered the same configuration as me and are above me in the list, but they wont tell me!

I too have ordered a LR white/white. Do you think that's causing a delay? I ordered mine last week of November '19 through Evans Halshaw and hoping for a late Feb delivery.

I don’t think it’s causing a delay, it just may be that the combo is not that popular with the lease company allocations, so they won’t be able to satisfy this combo easily from stock lists.

Private buyers have had this combo delivered to them in the lead up to Christmas, I do suspect that if I had ordered white/black then I would have the car by now.

Saying this, a colleague ordered Blue/White SR, then changed their mind to LR and the SR turned up in only a few weeks only to be sent back - so none of it seems to follow a pattern. Life is like a box of chocolates ..... as someone once said in a film.

Reactions: Alokola
So having being lurking in the background for a while and put my deposit down on the website on the 10th October for a White M3 SR+ with black interior I have now finally received on Sunday an email confirmation from Tesla that delivery is expected for 6th March (just in time for '20' plate!) and I have a VIN and final invoice - wonder if it will arrive early? would prefer to wait until March to get the new Reg to be honest!

3 1/2 months aint too bad a wait for a new car I reckon?

x
So having being lurking in the background for a while and put my deposit down on the website on the 10th October for a White M3 SR+ with black interior I have now finally received on Sunday an email confirmation from Tesla that delivery is expected for 6th March (just in time for '20' plate!) and I have a VIN and final invoice - wonder if it will arrive early? would prefer to wait until March to get the new Reg to be honest!

Surely 10/10 to 6/3 is almost 5 months or am I missing something?

Or maybe 5? nice work though. Not jealous at all, nope, not one bit ;)

Thank you for sharing your info. You've just given me hope! I ordered the same spec as you on the 28th October with no VIN yet. Where are you collecting please?

I ordered white LR/Black on 14 Nov for Edinburgh delivery. Source VIN showing above 545000. Phoned Tesla yesterday saying early March delivery but a expect sooner. Could not confirm correct VIN saying that might change. EST loan approved but lapses 4 April. I think give it a few more weeks for shipping to arrive

Or maybe 5? nice work though. Not jealous at all, nope, not one bit ;)

Yup Fair point oops! having ordered performance cars in the past new they usually take 4 - 6 months.

Any other certified Petrol Heads here making their first foray into electric?? I personally love the idea of an electric car for day to day use, then I can drive my '78 Porsche at the weekends for old school kicks - I think it gives longevity to the classic scene what does everyone else think? electric for every day / petrol for the weekend? Or will Tesla fulfill all??

Status
Not open for further replies.