Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed my order SR+ white with black interior on the 28th Oct via Leaseplan NO VIN but do have a RN number starting 10968****.
I am desperately hoping its on the Glovis Cosmos due to dock in Belgium on the 8th Feb..Its a waiting game !!!!!

Not sure how significant the RN is in order of allocation but mine starts....RN1097. It's a waiting game albeit an uninformed one. :)

Vehicles are supposed I believe to be allocated by order date and available models arriving but dont quote me on that.
Our numbers are very close together as they were placed on the same day.
You would like to think so wouldn't you! from my few months witnessing the goings on, on this forum, it seems like there is no rhyme or reason to how they allocate cars. I think there are numerous factors, some which may impact on allocation. Like pick up location, whether your purchasing through a lease, or privately buying, what spec and colour you've ordered. if theres any extras like tow bar or different wheels, which way the wind is blowing, what mood Elon is in, whether the date is a prime number, whether your surname has an even number of vowels.... I could go on, but I imagine you get the gist!

My paperwork updated today, just awaiting a delivery date. Managed to look int he source code and I have a hidden VIN.

Only ordered on the 22nd Jan. Can I decode this to get an ETA on delivery?

Last edited:
Anyone here who's assuming their car is on the Cosmos and therefore likely to arrive mid-Feb, what are your plans re: registration plates/dates? Nobody in their right mind would take delivery of any other car from a regular dealership in Feb, since the resale value by waiting for a new reg is usually worth the slight delay.

My concern is the 'max' delay time of ~7 days that Tesla allow before reallocation, and, annoyingly, the leap year! I'd hate to be forced to pick it up w/c 24th February just a few days before otherwise getting a 20 plate.

Or am I being silly wanting a 20 plate over a 69 that much (I'm PCP).

Doesn't matter if you're leasing obviously, so a question for the cash and PCP crew.

Let count down begin.I am VIN matched and expect delivery in Dartford mid Feb "onwards". not holding my breath yet.
The Cosmos is in the Caribbean sea heading our way @18 knots !
Anyone here who's assuming their car is on the Cosmos and therefore likely to arrive mid-Feb, what are your plans re: registration plates/dates? Nobody in their right mind would take delivery of any other car from a regular dealership in Feb, since the resale value by waiting for a new reg is usually worth the slight delay.

My concern is the 'max' delay time of ~7 days that Tesla allow before reallocation, and, annoyingly, the leap year! I'd hate to be forced to pick it up w/c 24th February just a few days before otherwise getting a 20 plate.

Doesn't matter if you're leasing obviously, so a question for the cash and PCP crew.
Mine's a lease, so personally don't care about the reg.

My wife just purchased a new Audi on PCP and the dealership said that it’s the year the car is registered in that matters, not the plate any more.

She was buying a car in their showroom so that should be taken with a pinch of salt (bought on 18th Jan collected 23rd Jan - if only my Tesla was that quick!)

Status
Not open for further replies.