Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rang Tesla sales in Solihull this morning.

After finally getting my RN number from Lex Autolease, I was advised I had not been matched to a car yet and to discuss this with Lex, not sure what they can do to help as they've checked/confirmed everything on their end. Tesla sales person seemed surprised I had not been matched given I had gone for the SR+.

The experience doesn't fill me with hope!

Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black | Ordered 13th Dec '19 | Hidden VIN: No | Delivery: No idea!

You’re waiting for exactly same spec as me, although I’m on PCP with collection in Stockport. Is is wrong to be impatient about delivery when I was originally quoted ‘late February/early March’

Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black | Ordered 27th Dec '19 | PCP | Hidden VIN: No | Delivery: End Feb/Early March?

You’re waiting for exactly same spec as me, although I’m on PCP with collection in Stockport. Is is wrong to be impatient about delivery when I was originally quoted ‘late February/early March’

Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black | Ordered 27th Dec '19 | PCP | Hidden VIN: No | Delivery: End Feb/Early March?

Absolutely not, I was told the same thing when I rang just prior to Christmas, this was driven mainly because I had a welcome to Tesla email to setup my account and then no mention of the order within the account, they advised me that the order was in progress and shipments would be coming in Mid Feb for delivery end of Feb.

I would be surprised if going through lease vs ordering the car through PCP would make any difference in terms of where you're placed in the queue, at the end of the day Tesla are going to be paid in full prior to collection of the vehicle.

I would be tempted to keep on pestering them but my experience so far and from reading others comments, it is in reality a waiting game and you should set your expectation at the worst possible outcome (June maybe!) of when it will be available for collection.

How do you change your order? I've looked at the FAQs and they state that you can "Log into your Tesla Account, select the ‘Manage’ button next to your Model 3 and select ‘Edit Design’. The order can be modified at any point until the final invoice has been created."

I don't have that option, but equally, a final invoice hasn't been created.

edit: All I have with regard to a "final invoice" is :"We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."
I just spoke to them in the shop as I upgraded from LR to P when I saw one (added a referral code at the same time) :/
NB You go to the back of the queue / treated as a new order so don't hang about.

I ordered white/black M3 SR+ with tow 17/10/2019 via lease company (Salary sacrifice) and was informed to expect end of Feb delivery. I called Tesla CS today who answered within a minute and was told I have a VIN and will be shipped to UK 1st week March with delivery in 2nd week. Was also warned VIN can change.... good news is it looks like it will be a 20 plate and less BIK tax to pay this side of April.

Reactions: Aye_Watt
M3 LR AWD - White with black interior - ordered 6th December

Got my hidden VIN earlier this week and gave Tesla a ring at lunchtime today.

They confirmed I was matched to a vehicle and told me to expect delivery to Birmingham in March, possibly late February. Hurrah! :)

I also asked if the referral code I I tried to add a couple of days after ordering had worked and was told it hadn't, and that now it was too late to add one :(

Has anyone else had any luck adding a referral code to a reservation almost 2 months after ordering?

M3 LR AWD - White with black interior - ordered 6th December

Got my hidden VIN earlier this week and gave Tesla a ring at lunchtime today.

They confirmed I was matched to a vehicle and told me to expect delivery to Birmingham in March, possibly late February. Hurrah! :)

I also asked if the referral code I I tried to add a couple of days after ordering had worked and was told it hadn't, and that now it was too late to add one :(

Has anyone else had any luck adding a referral code to a reservation almost 2 months after ordering?

Ordered 2 days after you - had a referral code added after the fact as the tesla dealership were sorting it (seems when ordering in the showroom under their gaze, they failed to mention "click the referral you had" so that's a numpty one on me. Had it confirmed in January 'attached' to the account order and when ringing up Tesla direct, the chap mentioned that referrals can only be added on before a car is allocated (for whatever that's worth - pinch of salt etc).

I'm in queue for a LR AWD White / White. Leased and ordered 24/11. Spoke with Tesla with my RN number and they said I do not have a VIN assigned. Does this mean I won't be getting my delivery Feb/March?
Not necessarily, it seems a lot of cars are heading this way before the end of Feb, it seems VINs aren't usually assigned (hidden) until it's left the factory and aren't live until the cars are almost in the UK. I wouldn't worry, your car may not be on the ship that is halfway to the UK but it could be on the next ship.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: Alokola
Decided to phone Tesla Stockport with all these reports of hidden vins appearing.
They confirmed no match as yet with a probable mid March delivery.
Fun decision to make in a couple of weeks. I need to sell my Zoe to buy M3 and will likely get more for it in February than March. (Trusted local dealer will give me as much as private sale now but knows he has a batch of used Zoe’s coming in March so price will drop) That would leave me without a car for around 4 weeks, but I can hire an ICE for a month for less than I’ll lose on my Zoe. It may the sensible decision - but to hire an ICE?!?!

Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black | Ordered 27th Dec '19 | PCP | Hidden VIN: No | Delivery: Mid March?

I'm really hoping we all get ours in this wave of cars coming in! Wouldn;t want to wait till June :(

Email I received stated all current orders supposedly to be fulfilled by end of March( although don't know when the cut off for this was) - orders specifying a date later than end of March will likely be available for collection from June!

Edit: also collecting Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.