Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M3 LR AWD - White with black interior - ordered 6th December

Got my hidden VIN earlier this week and gave Tesla a ring at lunchtime today.

They confirmed I was matched to a vehicle and told me to expect delivery to Birmingham in March, possibly late February. Hurrah! :)

I also asked if the referral code I I tried to add a couple of days after ordering had worked and was told it hadn't, and that now it was too late to add one :(

Has anyone else had any luck adding a referral code to a reservation almost 2 months after ordering?
Ask to speak to the manager of the delivery store, if you've still to be issued with an invoice then I see no reason why a referral code cannot be applied to your order (invoice shouldn't even restrict this) - it worked for me in Edinburgh fine.

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
Ordered 2 days after you - had a referral code added after the fact as the tesla dealership were sorting it (seems when ordering in the showroom under their gaze, they failed to mention "click the referral you had" so that's a numpty one on me. Had it confirmed in January 'attached' to the account order and when ringing up Tesla direct, the chap mentioned that referrals can only be added on before a car is allocated (for whatever that's worth - pinch of salt etc).

I tried adding a code less than 24 hours after ordering and got no joy :confused:

I ordered white/black M3 SR+ with tow 17/10/2019 via lease company (Salary sacrifice) and was informed to expect end of Feb delivery. I called Tesla CS today who answered within a minute and was told I have a VIN and will be shipped to UK 1st week March with delivery in 2nd week. Was also warned VIN can change.... good news is it looks like it will be a 20 plate and less BIK tax to pay this side of April.
What number do you call for CS?

Decided to phone Tesla Stockport with all these reports of hidden vins appearing.
They confirmed no match as yet with a probable mid March delivery.
Fun decision to make in a couple of weeks. I need to sell my Zoe to buy M3 and will likely get more for it in February than March. (Trusted local dealer will give me as much as private sale now but knows he has a batch of used Zoe’s coming in March so price will drop) That would leave me without a car for around 4 weeks, but I can hire an ICE for a month for less than I’ll lose on my Zoe. It may the sensible decision - but to hire an ICE?!?!

Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black | Ordered 27th Dec '19 | PCP | Hidden VIN: No | Delivery: Mid March?

I ordered a SR+ for Stockport on 4th Jan and found a vin last week which was confirmed by the SC. Mine is white so i think that is why yours is taking longer

If you only found the vin yesterday i would say it's on the Challenge as i found my vin a week or so after Cosmos had sailed, although i may be completely wrong of course
I read the hidden VIN appear after the boat pass Panama Canal.
Challenge is scheduled to arrive at Panama Canal on 3th February at 2am.
Screenshot_20200201-050618_Samsung Internet.jpg

I read the hidden VIN appear after the boat pass Panama Canal.
Challenge is scheduled to arrive at Panama Canal on 3th February at 2am.
View attachment 506569
I’m not sure if this is still the case. People seem to be getting VINs all the time. When I got mine both boats were still in the Pacific. I might be completely wrong but I think they now drop them once the boat leaves the dock, but it takes a few days for them all to drop in gradually. I got my VIN last Saturday so I’m thinking mine is on the challenge which is still Pacific side.

Reactions: DaddyCool
I’m not sure if this is still the case. People seem to be getting VINs all the time. When I got mine both boats were still in the Pacific. I might be completely wrong but I think they now drop them once the boat leaves the dock, but it takes a few days for them all to drop in gradually. I got my VIN last Saturday so I’m thinking mine is on the challenge which is still Pacific side.
This is exactly what i am thinking, i got my VIN on the 25th and the got excited thinking i was on the COSMOS but i think the more likely candidate is the challenge, but hey you never know! Might get lucky :)

Reactions: melbrayporkpie
Hi, I have a bit of a problem. I placed an order on the 21st of Jan - put registration details and filled/submitted credit application that is already approved... but I have noticed yesterday that tesla "manage" page reversed back and thinks that I have to submit it again... additionally my registration details are editable again.

Additionally, I see 2 booking invoices... image attached. One of the booking invoices is dated 21st of Jan, second one is dated 31st... I have not placed second order.

Should I be worried? My card was charged only on the 21st.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.7 KB · Views: 27
I am looking to purchase a Model 3. I currently have a Volvo XC60 on a PCP scheme which ends in September this year.
Can I order now and tell them I don't want delivery until September? Is it likely a basic model in blue with black will take until September to arrive anyway? Is it worth using the part exchange of Tesla or not?
Are there any alternatives to buying direct from Tesla?
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help in anticipation.
I posted this in general Model 3 ordering section and missed the UK one.
Sorry if this is wrong section.

Status
Not open for further replies.