Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered M3 LR White/White 4th week November through a leasing company (collection Leeds).

> Called a couple of weeks ago to be told I've been VIN matched and it's on the Brooklands (ETA 2nd March).
> Called last week to be told - it's in the UK and I should hear from my leasing company sometime last week.
> Called Tesla today and told to expect a text with delivery details today!!

Nothing from my Leasing company yet :/

Considering the inconsitency in the info I've recevied so far (and lack of communication from my leasing company)... not sure if I should be excited or take everything with a pinch of salt.

Anyone with similar expereice?

It doesn't sound like things are going backwards, so I'd sit on what they've told you for a bit! I do wonder if the 'expect a text' line is based on the planned arrival of ships (That being GLOVIS CHALLENGE arriving on time (and then being late) last weekend with connected boats bringing them to Southampton (perhaps then missed, and their arrival then being switched to GRAND MARK) and GRAND MARK expected to dock in Southampton tomorrow).

Quite a bit of Model 3 inventory on just now. A range from SR+, LR and P. Includes my spec.

The problem is, that by the time we all know about this place, we've ordered and I know folks have had mixed experiences in trying to swap from order to inventory.

Anyhow - they don't last long!

Lots of cars now in the inventory on the Tesla website.... found one exact same spec / colour etc as I've ordered..... does that mean the car on their inventory is on a boat coming in later this week (Grand Mark)? If that is the case then surely my car should also be on the same boat? As I understand it they match cars to orders and then sell off the unallocated ones? Or may that not be the case as I'm due to collect in Edinburgh?

Tesla Image.jpg

They've just appeared within the last few hours.

Its interesting (to me!) that none of this inventory batch have FSD..

It makes me wonder, is FSD "hard baked" into certain VIN's at Fremont, or is it added as/when Tesla see fit?

As it's simply a software option that can easily be added, I've always found it odd that you can't specify whether you want it or not on inventory cars - might be helpful for some, especially if paying by PCP or HP.

That's very strange!
I don't have any text for delivery date, but if I use this link with my RN I can select the day between 4, 5, and 6 March... very strange.
I don't complete the procedure.
View attachment 513946

I spoke to Tesla this morning (after a 30min wait!). I was put through to Holland. They said a number of people got text messages to schedule delivery that do not work. They cant do anything about it and cant resend it correctly. The car collection will be automatically scheduled when the car arrives in the UK. When I get this text then I can shift appointment by up to 7 days by calling back. A bit frustrating as everyone else is booking their collection slots and I will just get what is left/later.

Update from Zen Auto regarding Delivery to home address.

Hi,

Good news! Your ZenAuto car is just about ready to go.

Tesla have changed the way they do things and will be delivering your new car, you don’t need to go and collect it anymore!

Your delivery will be between 02/03/2020 - 08/03/2020, sorry we don’t have an exact date just yet. Before delivery can be authorised we need your initial payment, this needs to be paid before 26/02/2020 to secure the delivery window.

Your initial payment can be made over the phone by debit or credit card (just not AMEX… sorry!) or using the bank transfer.

Once we have your payment we can authorise your Tesla delivery. Tesla will then call you directly to arrange an exact delivery date that suits you.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Thanks,

ZenAuto

I got my hidden VIN 19/02, just called Tesla and they confirmed that the car is built, it 'is waiting to be shipped over' and delivery should be end of March. I had originally thought it to be on the ASIAN KING when the VIN appeared, but I guess worst case scenario it's not actually on that one and is on the GLOVIS CAPTAIN instead. Who knows?!

Its interesting (to me!) that none of this inventory batch have FSD..

It makes me wonder, is FSD "hard baked" into certain VIN's at Fremont, or is it added as/when Tesla see fit?

As it's simply a software option that can easily be added, I've always found it odd that you can't specify whether you want it or not on inventory cars - might be helpful for some, especially if paying by PCP or HP.
You can add it later so makes sense to sell them off inventory without.
I'll wait and see how FSD progresses in the UK, both legally and technically before committing to such an outlay. I have full admiration for those who have specced it now in the UK and are taking part in the roll out. I hope to join them soon.

Reactions: Durzel
You can add it later so makes sense to sell them off inventory without.
I'll wait and see how FSD progresses in the UK, both legally and technically before committing to such an outlay. I have full admiration for those who have specced it now in the UK and are taking part in the roll out. I hope to join them soon.

Given the demand at the moment and the rate in which inventory was snapped up today (all but one of the performance models gone in just a few hours), could also benefit them to bake it in for that extra revenue, even if people don’t want it, they may just want a car badly enough to swallow the cost.

On the other hand, given that the UK version of FSD is far from feature compete, maybe they can’t recognise that revenue yet?

Reactions: ringi
On the other hand, given that the UK version of FSD is far from feature compete, maybe they can’t recognise that revenue yet?

Possibly. The financial statements say "
Revenuer relatedt Autopilot and FSD features is recognized when functionality is delivered to the customer." But it's not clear how they are apportioning the fees received over the functionality delivered. One could argue if they're selling on the promise of FSD then no revenue should be recognised until they've actually delivered that... On the other hand they promise all sorts of in-between things when you actually try to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.