Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the golden text arrived on Friday at 10.48 am and collection arranged for 17/3, 2 pm, at Stockport.
Didn't get a second text with reg no so emailed Stockport Monday 12.15pm, got a text back in 15 minutes with reg no.
Email advising final invoice added to my account this morning, checked my account and there it is together with the confirmed VIN.
Just have to be patient until next Tuesday - at least there's a deadline to driving round in the poxy Fiat 500 hire car! :D:D:D

Looks like Direct Line will be the cheapest insurer for me. Current insurer (Plugshare - great price on Zoe) can't insure Teslas as their insurer, Aegis, won't quote despite covering Audi E-Tron and Porsche Taycan?? Weird :confused:

Reactions: Vadervonham
So this is getting annoying now. Still no sign of may car (supposed to be delivered by 11:30). I thought I would try to log into the app to see if it had started working, and it does!
Appears that my car is parked outside a driving school about 30 mins drive away..WTF!

Just got through to Tesla after I have been waiting for my car since October, to be told my specification of a sr+ with white on white will never appear as they don't make them anymore.
He said I should have been informed informed by Tesla so I could change my order.
I have now had to change to a black interior for any chance of being matched to a car, what a absolute shambles!

• Helpful
Reactions: Shaney
Just got through to Tesla after I have been waiting for my car since October, to be told my specification of a sr+ with white on white will never appear as they don't make them anymore.
He said I should have been informed informed by Tesla so I could change my order.
I have now had to change to a black interior for any chance of being matched to a car, what a absolute shambles!
try inventory car or wait for white interior to reintroduce - happened before

That’s really weird. There were SR+ white with white interiors on the New Inventory about a week ago.

I don't know who I'm meant to believe.
The guy categorically told me there will be no white interiors and I will be waiting for an order that will never come, as the computer will continually try to match me with a non existent car.

I’m almost sure there was that spec in New Inventory a week or so ago. It stuck out as I was watching them thinking there were a lot of LR and P’s but not many SR’s and thought to myself maybe the SR’s are all sold. Then a few popped up. They all had an option added on and most where the white interior.
They don’t do the white interior as an option now but the ships that are coming in had them on there.
Sounds a bit weird to me especially as you’ve ordered early.

I’m almost sure there was that spec in New Inventory a week or so ago. It stuck out as I was watching them thinking there were a lot of LR and P’s but not many SR’s and thought to myself maybe the SR’s are all sold. Then a few popped up. They all had an option added on and most where the white interior.
They don’t do the white interior as an option now but the ships that are coming in had them on there.
Sounds a bit weird to me especially as you’ve ordered early.
I think the problem is they don't manufacture to custom orders, they just manufacture and then match - so it relies on them actually manufacturing the spec you've asked for. That would be fine in practice if the customer service side of it was resolved, and they clearly could have communicated sooner to advise the option is no longer being manufactured at all!

Reactions: Paulmac999
So the golden text arrived on Friday at 10.48 am and collection arranged for 17/3, 2 pm, at Stockport.
Didn't get a second text with reg no so emailed Stockport Monday 12.15pm, got a text back in 15 minutes with reg no.
Email advising final invoice added to my account this morning, checked my account and there it is together with the confirmed VIN.
Just have to be patient until next Tuesday - at least there's a deadline to driving round in the poxy Fiat 500 hire car! :D:D:D

Looks like Direct Line will be the cheapest insurer for me. Current insurer (Plugshare - great price on Zoe) can't insure Teslas as their insurer, Aegis, won't quote despite covering Audi E-Tron and Porsche Taycan?? Weird :confused:
Hi I insured with Direct line as they are the only company that seem to be prepared to insure on the back of the tesla provided Reg i.e. it's not hit the DVLA yet. 1 week later when reg was formally recorded at DVLA got a quote from LV that was less than 40% of direct line price and because was in 14 day cool down period only had to pay direct line for the days I was insured with them (no admin fee to cancel)

Reactions: CP30 and Blueskye
That’s weird though.
There were plenty in the inventory. Only downside they had the 19” wheels...

also... the white on white on SR+ its a temp thing as they have issues with sourcing the white leather atm...

I also wanted white on white, but wasn’t able to order... was looking in the inventory, but I really didn’t want the larger wheels and I missed the chance. Have to be happy with the black interior, I guess!

Will be looking to exchange the wood dash with a white one with a fellow owner... :p:rolleyes:

Reactions: Paulmac999
Hi I insured with Direct line as they are the only company that seem to be prepared to insure on the back of the tesla provided Reg i.e. it's not hit the DVLA yet. 1 week later when reg was formally recorded at DVLA got a quote from LV that was less than 40% of direct line price and because was in 14 day cool down period only had to pay direct line for the days I was insured with them (no admin fee to cancel)
WOW!
Do they offer a similar cover with hire car and everything though? o_O

I’ve been with DL for 4-5 years now and always happy... but I could consider a different insurer...

I got quotes from LV and Compare the Market without the reg no problem. The quote from LV was £200 more for me, although they were also the lowest quote on Compare the Market.

There was a White/White being collected yesterday in Stockport: I'm 100% sure as I sat in it while the new owner checked all the lights were working - so presumably it's a very recent change if they've stopped making them.

That does seem very odd though, since it seems to be quite a popular combination - maybe White/Black (being the default option) have their own separate production to simplify things and churn out as many cars as possible?

There was a White/White being collected yesterday in Stockport: I'm 100% sure as I sat in it while the new owner checked all the lights were working - so presumably it's a very recent change if they've stopped making them.

That does seem very odd though, since it seems to be quite a popular combination - maybe White/Black (being the default option) have their own separate production to simplify things and churn out as many cars as possible?
They are still doing white on white in the higher models just not the sr+.
You may have seen a long range?

Status
Not open for further replies.