Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered back in mid-October through Tusker and frankly, once the paperwork was completed, the rest of the experience has been foggy and characterised by a total lack of communication from both Tusker and Tesla. Tusker have completely failed to communicate with me (with the exception of Ella and Harsh on webchat). No proactive communication at all, I’ve had to initiate all contact. Apart from automated emails every fortnight telling me the expected delivery date was ‘early February’. I received the last of these emails on Tuesday of this week - laughable. I can accept that Tesla were in the position of me not being their direct customer and so less able to communicate with me and I did manage to get some information by phoning them but again, nothing pro-active.

I found out last week, during a call I initiated, that the car would be delivered to my home address on 13th March. I did receive a telephone call on Monday confirming this (the first communication I hadn’t initiated) and a follow-up NO-REPLY email. Told I should expect a text to confirm 48 or 24 hours beforehand and then a text confirming time slot on delivery day. So, no text arrived on the 12th so I phoned mid-afternoon (before the telephone lines close at 4:30) to try to get some confirmation. Was told it is scheduled for the 13th and I would get a text later on the 12th. No text arrived (wasn’t really expecting one tbh). So, hoping the car arrives today but not totally sure.

Do both leasing companies and Tesla need to improve communication? Absolutely yes. Will they? I doubt it, they are selling all the cars they can make so why bother, it isn’t hurting sales. Once competition finally picks up it might come back to bit them on the a**e but until then there doesn’t seem to be much incentive.

Ordered back in mid-October through Tusker and frankly, once the paperwork was completed, the rest of the experience has been foggy and characterised by a total lack of communication from both Tusker and Tesla. Tusker have completely failed to communicate with me (with the exception of Ella and Harsh on webchat). No proactive communication at all, I’ve had to initiate all contact. Apart from automated emails every fortnight telling me the expected delivery date was ‘early February’. I received the last of these emails on Tuesday of this week - laughable. I can accept that Tesla were in the position of me not being their direct customer and so less able to communicate with me and I did manage to get some information by phoning them but again, nothing pro-active.

I found out last week, during a call I initiated, that the car would be delivered to my home address on 13th March. I did receive a telephone call on Monday confirming this (the first communication I hadn’t initiated) and a follow-up NO-REPLY email. Told I should expect a text to confirm 48 or 24 hours beforehand and then a text confirming time slot on delivery day. So, no text arrived on the 12th so I phoned mid-afternoon (before the telephone lines close at 4:30) to try to get some confirmation. Was told it is scheduled for the 13th and I would get a text later on the 12th. No text arrived (wasn’t really expecting one tbh). So, hoping the car arrives today but not totally sure.

Do both leasing companies and Tesla need to improve communication? Absolutely yes. Will they? I doubt it, they are selling all the cars they can make so why bother, it isn’t hurting sales. Once competition finally picks up it might come back to bit them on the a**e but until then there doesn’t seem to be much incentive.

Much the same story here. Here’s hoping yours arrives today, too!

My delivery was shifted from Wednesday to Thursday, and then to tomorrow. I had an email from autoXP with confirmation for Friday, but no message tonight to give me a timeframe, either.

It doesn’t sound like I’m alone in that, but, I wonder if something in the process has been thrown off by the shifting. I got a call when it was going to miss Thursday, but nothing to say it’ll miss Friday...

For anyone that got a message, was it from Tesla or AutoXP?
Text came from Auto xp but is headed up Tesla. Delivery driver told me they were delivering 600 cars a week but have a pretty big backlog due to the ships backing up earlier in the year. The text contains tracking details but that wasn't enabled.

Same here. I would not be so back in the Tusker "My car" page has information automatically added but it just shows your order and documents. Tusker seem to not be getting much from Tesla and i think they are overwhelmed. I agree its awful and not going to change. I hope your car turns up.

20200307_125231.jpg
20200309_203832.jpg
Would you be happy to share a picture? I've been considering this. Feel free to PM if you'd prefer.

Last edited:

This same thing has happened to me.
I was originally expecting delivery on the 12th but had a call on the 10th to move to the 13th, no text message or anything so I rang about 4pm yesterday (12th) was told they send out texts between 4pm and 6pm and i'll receive before 6pm. No text message yet and it's suppose to be delivered today. Not sure what's happening, if its being delivered today or what time. Tried calling the number today and just getting an answer machine telling me the mailbox is full. No idea what's happening now.

This same thing has happened to me.
I was originally expecting delivery on the 12th but had a call on the 10th to move to the 13th, no text message or anything so I rang about 4pm yesterday (12th) was told they send out texts between 4pm and 6pm and i'll receive before 6pm. No text message yet and it's suppose to be delivered today. Not sure what's happening, if its being delivered today or what time. Tried calling the number today and just getting an answer machine telling me the mailbox is full. No idea what's happening now.

I did manage to just speak to someone at autoxp. She said my car is still scheduled for today but there is a bit of a ‘domino effect’ with the backlog and that it could move into tomorrow. She tried calling logistics fo confirm but they didn’t answer. She said she’ll keep trying and will call me back.....

Still nothing here and they don’t seem to be answering the phone, so I’m now assuming nothing will happen today, again.

seriously? I’ve changed over the insurance at great expense and put the other car in a lock up. If I get charged another admin fee for changing it back I will be extremely peed off. I’m a freelancer and clients are cancelling left right and centre.

I just rang Leeds - they said my car is scheduled for delivery this morning and he's going to send out a link to my email so I can track the delivery. So it looks like, even though I haven't received the text, the car is still being delivered today.

General consensus so far is that the tracking link just doesn’t work. Let me know if you get something usable and I might try the same route.

seriously? I’ve changed over the insurance at great expense and put the other car in a lock up. If I get charged another admin fee for changing it back I will be extremely peed off. I’m a freelancer and clients are cancelling left right and centre.

Hopefully I’m wrong, but sounds to me like they’re still trying to deliver some of the Wednesday booked cars. Have you had any texts through with a time slot?

Hopefully I’m wrong, but sounds to me like they’re still trying to deliver some of the Wednesday booked cars. Have you had any texts through with a time slot?

I had an email from someone in Germany earlier in the week who was unable to contact us (don't see why as we got the earlier text). I emailed him this morning and received a reply saying it IS being delivered today. About to start that 2 hour webinar so give it half hour and I'm sure it will arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.