Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the over / under on me being able to actually collect my car from Bristol Tesla on 27/03? :(

Unfortuntely for me the handover location is inside The Mall at Cribbs Causeway, which is massive. I can't see the Govt banning all non-food shops from opening just yet, but with France and Spain moving in that direction it might not be too far away. The cars are situated outside though, I'd be happy to do the actual handover there.

I've paid in full already, stupidly hadn't even occured to me really that events might overtake me.

What's the over / under on me being able to actually collect my car from Bristol Tesla on 27/03? :(

Unfortuntely for me the handover location is inside The Mall at Cribbs Causeway, which is massive. I can't see the Govt banning all non-food shops from opening just yet, but with France and Spain moving in that direction it might not be too far away. The cars are situated outside though, I'd be happy to do the actual handover there.

I've paid in full already, stupidly hadn't even occured to me really that events might overtake me.
I think it’s still possible, if malls close they may arrange delivery.

Hi all,

First post but have been following with interest the last week or so. I ordered 24/2 and got an email on Friday 13/3 to say car needs picked up in Edinburgh this Thursday 19/2.

I'm in a predicament as I need to fly over from NI and am unsure as to whether flights will still be operating :( I'm also at the stage now where I need to transfer payment, but I'm not comfortable doing that given the uncertainty. Are Tesla likely to show any compassion and hold the car until this blows over? All I can do is phone them I guess, but have Tesla shown any sympathy for not being able to pick up for other reasons out of our control?

Thanks for the tips/advice so far
SG

Hi all,

First post but have been following with interest the last week or so. I ordered 24/2 and got an email on Friday 13/3 to say car needs picked up in Edinburgh this Thursday 19/2.

I'm in a predicament as I need to fly over from NI and am unsure as to whether flights will still be operating :( I'm also at the stage now where I need to transfer payment, but I'm not comfortable doing that given the uncertainty. Are Tesla likely to show any compassion and hold the car until this blows over? All I can do is phone them I guess, but have Tesla shown any sympathy for not being able to pick up for other reasons out of our control?

SG
Unfortunately Tesla aren’t known for being particularly flexible. They will do anything to sell all their cars before the end of the quarter, so I can’t imagine they’ll wait longer than the end of this month for a delivery. Especially as they know if they put it on inventory it will sell!
Best of luck though!

No harm in asking them, but it’ll take you a long time to get through as they’re so busy. I’d suggest calling the second they open! I would say pop in to a showroom but that’s not so easy for you!

Yes I've never even sat in a M3 never mind been to a showroom, so trusting the good reviews from all you folk

I'll call first thing. I'd be happy to wait longer for one if they would let me pick up from Dublin, but don't think that's an option either unfortunately.

Yes I've never even sat in a M3 never mind been to a showroom, so trusting the good reviews from all you folk

I'll call first thing. I'd be happy to wait longer for one if they would let me pick up from Dublin, but don't think that's an option either unfortunately.
Again it’s worth an ask! But Tesla aren’t the most helpful bunch and their customer service skills are really lacking, especially with how busy they are at the minute. I’m having big problems with them at the minute!

Did you order an inventory vehicle? I ask as I ordered my M3P (in inventory) the same day. One thing I do remember is there were an awful lot of M3LRs on at the time. So if you did not order an inventory vehicle then you may have quite a wait. I now have a collection date for 27/03/2020.
\

My order was custom. I wanted the 19in sport wheels. A guy at work ordered a blue M3P on Feb 18th and it will be delivered on March 25th. I think because of my spec I will have to wait.

Reactions: TheManofMead
Again it’s worth an ask! But Tesla aren’t the most helpful bunch and their customer service skills are really lacking, especially with how busy they are at the minute. I’m having big problems with them at the minute!
It’s unfortunate that’s your experience and I know you’re not alone but I thought I’d just take the opportunity to say my experience, particularly with the Stockport staff, was very positive.

Not sure if it will help others, and I know this is in the thread somewhere, but beware of lease companies putting a 'hold' on VIN matching...

I ordered through a lease company with the order being placed on Tesla on the 12th of January. I have called Tesla a number of times (5) to check on why I wasn't getting matched - each time being told I'd just have to wait.

On Friday I got through to a really helpful guy at Tesla UK who was as surprised as me that I didn't have a delivery date yet - he dug a bit deeper and then told me that the lease company had requested no matching until after the 1st of April!

I have no clue why this was requested (I will be picking that up with the lease company), and I also have no idea why this was the first time I had been told that fact by Tesla.

That restriction has now been removed (well, that's what he said) so I am waiting to be matched - but I'm thinking that I'm looking at May/June now because of this :(.

Worst bit was when the guy said "you'd have got your car ages ago if that wasn't on there..."
:mad:.

Moral of the story, check that there is no restriction on matching if you're having issues...

• Helpful
Reactions: N4t_Boy51
Hi all,

SG
Have you contacted any vehicle transportation services to see if they can pick up and deliver your car? You would also need to ask Tesla if they allow that but I remember something on the order invoice referencing delivery companies and liability so it may be a possibility. I know it's added cost but just thinking of what other options you may have....

\

My order was custom. I wanted the 19in sport wheels. A guy at work ordered a blue M3P on Feb 18th and it will be delivered on March 25th. I think because of my spec I will have to wait.
Ah yes now I understand. I do remember that not a single one of those inventory Long Range vehicles had the sport wheels. Completely agree with you I prefer the sport wheels and could never have the aero's. Even without the caps, the alloy below is far from pleasing on the eye...in my humble opinion.

Have you contacted any vehicle transportation services to see if they can pick up and deliver your car? You would also need to ask Tesla if they allow that but I remember something on the order invoice referencing delivery companies and liability so it may be a possibility. I know it's added cost but just thinking of what other options you may have....
Good shout. Hadn't considered that, but could be a last resort. Will make a few calls in the morning Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.