Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pick my SR+ up on 19” Sport Wheels on Thursday.
Mostly because if I found range to severely depleted in winter months the Aeros could go back on and help with that.
Not necessarily cost...more that for the same price I could have had two full sets of wheels for the car. In winter months the Aeros could have gone back on to help with the range etc.

That said it’s not an issue. The car is going to look great in the 19’s.
Just wanted to ask...
(Aero Wheels here...)
Can you buy ANY wheels as long as they are 18” - 20”..?

how do you know if they are good quality...? Any suggested suppliers...?

sorry for the million questions... :oops:

Couple of questions from me, if anybody has the answers it would be much appreciated!

Has anybody who's due to take delivery before the end of March asked Tesla what would happen if the UK goes into lockdown, and the SC you are picking up from closes? Would you just have to wait, or would they go down the Autoxp home delivery route for all of those appointments?

I paid my deposit amount yesterday after receiving my final invoice, quoting the RN as I did it - I know you can check on your account page that it's gone through by searching the source code for "existingdeposit", but at the moment mine still says I've only paid the initial £100. How long does it normally take for that to update, so that I know the payment has been received?

Just an update from having my car delivered on Monday evening (SR+).

I'm impressed! I've done 100 miles so far of mixed driving. I'm impressed with the quality (coming from a BMW 340i) for the most part. The tech is great and works well. And the car drives really well! It's not slow either. In terms of performance it would easily be a match for my previous 340i between 30mph-80mph, and my 340i had 380bhp.

So very much enjoying it so far - far more than I expected to.

Reactions: Aye_Watt
Couple of questions from me, if anybody has the answers it would be much appreciated!

Has anybody who's due to take delivery before the end of March asked Tesla what would happen if the UK goes into lockdown, and the SC you are picking up from closes? Would you just have to wait, or would they go down the Autoxp home delivery route for all of those appointments?

I paid my deposit amount yesterday after receiving my final invoice, quoting the RN as I did it - I know you can check on your account page that it's gone through by searching the source code for "existingdeposit", but at the moment mine still says I've only paid the initial £100. How long does it normally take for that to update, so that I know the payment has been received?
It'll take at least 1 working day in my experience, maybe almost 2. It will appear though. Try transferring £60k and it not appearing for nearly 2 days :(

Tesla really ought to make the Manage page more user friendly. Both the VIN and balance are in the source code, but nowhere to be seen on the actual page. Would take minutes for a webdev to stick them somewhere on there. Bizarre.

It'll take at least 1 working day in my experience, maybe almost 2. It will appear though. Try transferring £60k and it not appearing for nearly 2 days :(

Tesla really ought to make the Manage page more user friendly. Both the VIN and balance are in the source code, but nowhere to be seen on the actual page. Would take minutes for a webdev to stick them somewhere on there. Bizarre.

I'm sure the invoice tells you to use invoice number not your order number for the payment?

Transferred my full amount last Thursday and didn't appear in the source code until Monday evening.

I paid the invoice last Friday at 11am. Despite calling the dealership who were unable to clarify the money only appeared on the source code on Tuesday afternoon. I've still not heard anything from Tesla officially acknowledging receipt!

Political Editor of City AM is suggesting on Twitter that according to three sources there are plans afoot to "heavily restrict travel in and out of London" from Friday. I wonder what that means then for those of us due to collect this weekend...

ETA: The tweets referenced above have now been deleted, No10 is apparently trying to damp this rumour down (as per the Sun's lobby correspondent). We'll obviously have to see whether there is any truth in the claim or rebuttal!

Last edited:
Tesla at their finest! My original order placed early December didn't receive a vin with the latest batch, I was told delivery was unlikely until June. Being impatient I started checking inventory obsessively. I found two cars on separate days where Tesla said they were free, but the lease company had to request them. Between me and the lease company requesting, they were taken by other customers. A helpful Tesla employee suggested if i find another, i should 'buy' it personally and have the lease company take over that order, which i have done. Last week I received a text for collection (this Friday) and the final invoice. Since last tuesday the lease company have contacted Tesla daily to take over the order, but still have no response. The latest is that i have just received an email for me to collect the first inventory car, which they said had already been assigned, on the 25th! I'm going to try and collect the order which i 'owe' for on Friday, but there's every chance they'll send me home in a cab!

Status
Not open for further replies.