Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just arrived home from collecting my SR+ from Birmingham.
They were busy as you like..couldn’t even park in the car park...ended up parking on the street next to it as they said there hadn’t been any traffic wardens since the Virus outbreak...he also offered to pay any fine should I get one.
As I said busy...whilst I was there they had just unloaded one transporter..were finishing up another and then one more arrived as I left.
Handover was easy, no demonstration due to Covid-19. They had a double desk in-front of the computer to enforce the distance...though the bloke sat in the car with me briefly. No formal walkthrough but I, like most, had done an awful lot of research.

Car was pretty faultless. Only issue I found was the boot seal had buckled and have let some water breach the seal. Dried it off and will book a service appointment to correct. The cill underneath the passenger door was sagging slightly...I imagine just a clip or some minor fettling required...apart from that, no real issues.
Car handed over with just 44% which was a little disappointing but was enough to get to the nearest 6 SC’s so not a big issue.

New struts and stick on plates already fitted.
What do you mean struts?

Has anyone had a delivery from AutoXP that has been on time? Has their tracking ever worked?

Mine was supposed to come between 10 and 12 today... now I'm wondering if they meant midnight? Nothing has shown in the app or website, tracking shows it to be at the delivery centre.

originally was to be the 16th, then 17th. Chap didnt arrive 17 or 18th and it took until 19th for tesla and autoxp to work out what happend and that basically was me doing all the chasing. Autoxp are close to overwhelm with drivers off sick and others not being able to get back to thr depot as public transport reduced. Which my delivery was missee it did not become a priority as the next days schedule full. It should come on monday next week now. Yes it’s frustrating but worse things happening about.

So had an email titled Your Tesla Delivery Day giving brief guidance that it will a “low touch” delivery day. How long usually after this does it take for the date to come though in the golden text?
I've just had that, and I've had my date for a while. Are you saying you don't even know what day you're supposed to be collecting? (or having delivered?)

I ordered direct with Tesla, paying cash. I had a text on 06/03 telling me to choose a delivery date, and then subsequently to that an email telling me my final invoice was ready to pay, and then an "TESLA - Collection Appointment" email yesterday, and the "Your Tesla Delivery Day" email that you received, which probably the same content (mine said about the low touch too).

The last email doesn't mention the delivery day specifically.

If you've received the last email I would presume that someone somewhere knows what day you're supposed to be getting the car! :) Might be worth giving Tesla a call.

So had an email titled Your Tesla Delivery Day giving brief guidance that it will a “low touch” delivery day. How long usually after this does it take for the date to come though in the golden text?

As others have stated, if you have an RN number ring Tesla with it - they should be able to confirm date and time, if not contact the leasing company ASAP.

Today I parted company with my old car for a reasonable price under the circumstances. So I’m just a little sad because it was a good EV.
I also made a substantial but incomplete contribution to Mr Musk’s retirement fund. Will give him some more tomorrow, money laundering rules permitting (God knows it needs plenty of laundering right now!).
With a favourable wind and a shed load of bread, milk, toilet rolls, sanitiser and has-mat bear, we will collect our new baby on Wednesday.
I should be excited but I’m not. I guess with the threat of Armageddon hanging over us it’s a just a little difficult to raise a smile.
So, right now most of the ducks are in a row. I may need shoot one if the supermarket has no chickenso_O

• Funny
Reactions: Sinx
Got the text message today:

I am pleased to confirm your Tesla will be delivered Monday between 9am & 6pm dependent on road/weather conditions. We are unable to specify an exact time due to the ongoing disruption to travel and logistic services.

Please do not reply to this message, as the number is not monitored.

If you will be unavailable to take delivery of your vehicle, please email [email protected] to rearrange.
For all other enquiries please call Tesla on +44 (0) 1628 450 604.

Just took delivery of my SR+ this morning! Loving it so far. Unfortunate that my new commuter is now going to sit parked for most of the time as I work from home for the next 3-6 months, or however long we end up dealing with this situation.

One 'minor' issue so far - I checked that both chargers (UMC + Type 2) were in the boot on delivery, however only when I got home did I realise that they have given me a Schuko plug instead of a UK 3-pin. :rolleyes: To their credit, Tesla were quick to apologise once informed, and a 3-pin adapter is now on its way to me by snail mail.

Another question, for anyone else who had a car to part-exchange: I completely forgot to check whether there was anything I needed to sign or box to tick on the V5 of my old car - the delivery guys seemed to think all trade-in papers were in order, and I did sign a receipt confirming sale of the car, but it's been a while since I sold/traded in a vehicle I and can't quite remember what the process is for the V5 - unsure whether Tesla / the dealer generally takes care of informing DVLA that the car is now in their possession, or if that's something that I'm supposed to take care of separately...

Tesla are introducing a 'touchless delivery' whereby Tesla personnel can maintain a safe distance from its customers during the handover process.
This is in addition to the existing highly successful 'minimal communication' procedure currently employed to ensure customers are not contaminated with information after ordering.
The next step will be the 'virtual delivery' after the successful UK trial of virtually delivering every car in Q1 late.

Status
Not open for further replies.