Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this will be retailer specific, but I’ve just had an email from JCT600

They’re going ahead with deliveries until at least Wednesday, but are now closing all branches. They will only be open for essential/safety repairs. They will also prioritise the “essential workers” as listed by UK gov. I’ve a feeling if you have a genuine reason for your car to be delivered then it will be. (Edit: until Boris proves me wrong at 20:30)

I was due to pick up my model 3 performance on Thursday from Stockport but my employer cut my hours in half due to the coronavirus which has led to me losing a considerable amount of my salary.
Maybe you should speak to your employer and ask if they may be better "furloughing" you so you get paid 80% of your salary (which they get reimbursed from HMRC backdated to 1st March). They will get this for 3 months. Or put another way if they have put say 2 of you onto 1/2 hours they get no government help but if they furlough one of you (and keep the other on full hours) then they are much better off (and you are too as you either get 80% salary sat at home, or 100% at work).

I think at this point the prudent thing to do is cancel.

I wasn’t too concerned about the short term loss of value, but £61k tied up in a car I can’t drive anywhere seems like the wrong move.

Question is - how easy is it to get a refund out of Tesla? I’ve already paid in full.

You don’t mind not being able to drive it anywhere?

Will SCs be open? You won’t be allowed to drive to them. What if something goes wrong?

What happens if something goes wrong with any car in fact.

I wouldnt mind the car sitting on the drive. I could spend time getting used to the settings and OS.

But the biggest problem i have is not the collection/delivery. Right now, its being able to afford it, due to a change in my role as a result of COVID.

Its a short term hit but its just hassle all round whichever way it lands.

Not happy about this at all, I've taken annual leave to stay at home and avoid the virus. I'm certainly not cancelling now.

My order finally arrived in Leeds, due for pickup on Wednesday...., guess I'll have to wait for however long it takes.
I share the frustration at those *****s who have been ignoring the Covid 19. I hope they have the intelligence to obey the new directives. I suppose I've already waited 4 months., what's another 3 (or so?..). hope it's not going to deteriorate in storage while we wait for the crisis to pass, however long that takes

I know this will be retailer specific, but I’ve just had an email from JCT600

They’re going ahead with deliveries until at least Wednesday, but are now closing all branches. They will only be open for essential/safety repairs. They will also prioritise the “essential workers” as listed by UK gov. I’ve a feeling if you have a genuine reason for your car to be delivered then it will be. (Edit: until Boris proves me wrong at 20:30)

Just received E-Mail from Jaguar Landrover that they are closing all their Lookers showrooms as of 7.30pm
this evening due to Coronvirus in interests of their customer's and staff.
They will allow new car pick ups this Tuesday and Wednesday only due to short notice of closure but thereafter
the other new car sales or servicing will have to wait till they reopen their showrooms.
Things going from bad to worse now.
Will need that prayer mat now !!!

Guess it depends whether a car service centre is considered “essential” or not, but even so we’d be breaching the guidance by going there to collect it.

My gut feeling is that Tesla will arrange home delivery for those of us who are supposed to collect this week. Only thing I can do now is wait until the morning and call them up to find out for sure.

Guess it depends whether a car service centre is considered “essential” or not, but even so we’d be breaching the guidance by going there to collect it.

My gut feeling is that Tesla will arrange home delivery for those of us who are supposed to collect this week. Only thing I can do now is wait until the morning and call them up to find out for sure.
Yeah they want the cars delivered for their quarter figures so I'd expect for them to arrange home delivery. I want them not to wash the car on route though in a random hand car wash place (although they'll probably be shut too).

I'm meant to be picking up tomorrow. Anyone know if they will be open? I'd be more than happy if they are shut and this is delayed. But if they are open what happens if I don't collect.

FFS.
You’ll have to find out, very early.

The worry I have about getting the car delivered is if there are issues with it. I mean I know that’s ridiculous in context with what’s going on, but I’d like to think I wouldn’t have to wait months to get panel gaps or alignment or paint flaws fixed.

I'm meant to be picking up tomorrow. Anyone know if they will be open? I'd be more than happy if they are shut and this is delayed. But if they are open what happens if I don't collect.

FFS.

I don’t see how a car dealer of any variety meets the essential criteria for staying open.

I was supposed to be going from Portsmouth to Bristol to collect, I don’t see how that journey complies either.

Status
Not open for further replies.