Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s going to be re-evaluated in three weeks, but at least two of those are going to see numbers rising simply because of the incubation period.

I’ve paid for my car in full so in theory they should hold it for me as long as I want (space permitting), especially as this outcome isn’t my fault. I can’t claim the car is essential - unlike others in this thread. I have use of an Evezy car until I decide to cancel.

i don’t want to lose the car if it means waiting until June or beyond to get another one, and paying £3500 more.

I’ve had the text. Wife needs the car to get to work (NHS) or it’s getting taxis or public transport for the foreseeable. It’s one journey to save many riskier ones is my view and seeing as she’s already without the appropriate PPE in work, I think making sure she doesn’t have to end up on buses and taxis after horrendously long shifts (where she’s equally a huge risk to the public) is probably a fair definition of ‘essential’.
I think you’ve got 4 yes’s on this one.

I'm sure we can all expect another text in the morning.

The main thing is, if they can't deliver the cars then they can't deliver them anywhere else so they won't be reallocated. So if we have to wait, we wait until restrictions are lifted, but it won't be as long as waiting until new cars are shipped in May/June/end of time.

If you do genuinely need your car as it will be your only transport then I suggest contacting Tesla and letting them know and maybe they'll be able to prioritise your delivery.

Whatever happens, the main thing is we're all safe and healthy. Take care of yourselves and your loved ones, obey the rules, and this, as all things, will pass.

Here's to enjoying our Teslas, as and when we get them. :)

Just received text from Tesla at 2340hrs tonight stating that if your car is essential to you then they would facilitate
delivery if so text yes if not text No and we can reschedule your
delivery.
I need my car and have paid in full plus arranged for insurance on my pick up date and paid for this to.
I just hope by Thursday they can still facilitate this promise.
I have got to say that this text was sent out after government statement so maybe they mean what they say.
Here is hoping.

I'm not saying this makes it right but the law won't be passed through the house of lords until Thursday at the earliest. So it won't actually be illegal to leave your house until after the law passes.

From my perspective, collecting a car in a safe and contactless way is way less risky than going to a supermarket at the moment.

I have also paid for the car in full and have paid for insurance. I'll be collecting on Thursday.

I'm not saying this makes it right but the law won't be passed through the house of lords until Thursday at the earliest. So it won't actually be illegal to leave your house until after the law passes.

From my perspective, collecting a car in a safe and contactless way is way less risky than going to a supermarket at the moment.

I have also paid for the car in full and have paid for insurance. I'll be collecting on Thursday.

Appreciate your honesty. I think a lot of people will do this but stay quiet.

I’m leaning this way but it still doesn’t quite sit right. I also fear the judgement of other people. And need to convince my girlfriend to drive me to Westfield.

I’m gonna sleep on it.

I’m gonna sleep on it.
Same.

Going to call Tesla tomorrow and find out what reschedule actually means. Since I would be picking up on Friday it would be past the point the Law would be in effect. I also can’t honestly say it’s essential.

By the same token it’s not much good me delaying it for a month if these measures are going to continue after that.

I also need to get a lift to collect it so they would be complicit in it.

I haven’t paid for insurance yet but have booked the day off etc.

Same.

Going to call Tesla tomorrow and find out what reschedule actually means. Since I would be picking up on Friday it would be past the point the Law would be in effect. I also can’t honestly say it’s essential.

By the same token it’s not much good me deleting it for a month if these measures are going to continue after that.

I also need to get a lift to collect it so they would be complicit in it.
Good idea - it’s not ‘essential’ I guess but yes, what’s a delay vs reallocation...

Never mind the shipping movements thread, now we need an “Passage of lockdown laws through Parliament thread”.
Yes well funny that, I've just been reading the bill which has been passed through the House of Commons to be debated in the House of Lords before passing into law.

The elements around enforcement and fines mainly seem to be related to gatherings and forcibly closing premises. Premises do include vehicles but I feel like it's improbable that the police force are going to be wasting time pulling up cars with one or two people in at this stage to question them.

It seems more likely they'll be targeting events and gatherings of people.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/58-01/0122/20122.pdf

I'm really stuck on what to do now. I can't justify the car being "essential" and I'm therefore considering all my options. I can either go and collect the car against government advice, I can seek to delay/reschedule delivery, or I can cancel the order entirely.

To be completely honest, I'm starting to lean toward the third option :( As much as this is my dream car and I've been counting down the days since I ordered, I'm really getting anxious about the current situation. I won't be able to use the thing properly for a long while, and the money can be best put elsewhere in such uncertain times. I can always try again later in the year if the pandemic settles down.

Does anybody know what the situation would be now if I did cancel? I've purchased it with PCP and already paid the full deposit amount. Do I just get a full refund and rip up the credit agreement? Or is it too late for that?

I thought Tesla offered a 7 day ‘money back’ return deal? So you should certainly be able to cancel without loss.
However, I suspect Tesla, like all car makers, and not just the high end ones, will be very worried about their future sales prospects. The stories of plummeting trade in quotes provide a good clue of the state of the market.

Woke up to the text and, having had a think about it for the last forty five minutes or so over a coffee, have replied no.

I can’t deem the car essential, I have the use of the vehicle I’m trading in until such time as the Model 3 may arrive.

And having been somewhat disgusted by the behaviour of people over the weekend just gone, I struggle morally with myself if I were to all intents and purposes do same by flouting what is being asked of me. My journey to collect is not a short one up the road, it’s a two hundred and fifty mile round trip. What is my having a car delayed for hopefully a relatively short period in the grand scheme of things against the backdrop of what is happening here and abroad.

Will try and contact Tesla later to see if delivery can be an option, but otherwise will just hope reschedule does mean reschedule not cancelled and that delay is as short as it can be.

I think I’m probably 70/30 going to go ahead and get it, assuming I can get a lift to it.

My trip to Bristol collection location is about 20 miles. I’d be getting a lift in a car to the car park, doing the zero contact handover, getting in and driving back. I would have no interaction with anyone else. The risk would be negligible, certainly less than walking around the supermarket which I’m still going to have to do at least once a week during this lockdown.

It is not essential to me, but it certainly is a positive thing for my mental health. I feel like I need something positive to anticipate enjoying over the coming weeks.

I should collect tomorrow.
The bit I struggle with is “if I deem it essential”.
I do because wife & I are carers to her 90 year-old parents and her mother has mobility issues that means she simply can’t get into the wife’s 4x4. She always travelled in mine and I sold it on Friday.
If we need to take her to the doctors, we’re stuffed. Wrong to call an ambulance and home visits don’t happen now. It might sound a bit tenuous, but I could easily happen.
I deem it essential but does Boris and the virus police?
I think Tesla are putting the onus on us and covering their backside.
If anyone gets through, please post what they say.

I should collect tomorrow.
The bit I struggle with is “if I deem it essential”.
I do because wife & I are carers to her 90 year-old parents and her mother has mobility issues that means she simply can’t get into the wife’s 4x4. She always travelled in mine and I sold it on Friday.
If we need to take her to the doctors, we’re stuffed. Wrong to call an ambulance and home visits don’t happen now. It might sound a bit tenuous, but I could easily happen.
I deem it essential but does Boris and the virus police?
I think Tesla are putting the onus on us and covering their backside.
If anyone gets through, please post what they say.
Personally I would say you need it, but be as careful for you and others as possible (hand gel, distance etc)

Personally I would say you need it, but be as careful for you and others as possible (hand gel, distance etc)
Pick up is ‘non contact’. We have soap, water, sanitiser, masks, you name it. Were both in the high risk category, but trust me, I wouldn’t contemplate it if I felt there was any real risk. Car will wreak of dettol for weeks.
I just need confirmation from somewhere that my “essential” is not breaking the law, which should be passed today.

I was supposed to be collecting my M3P from Dartford on Wednesday. The plan originally was to drive down from Suffolk with the missus; clearly that would now be very wrong.

Currently on hold, gonna try for arranging a delivery.

Failing that, If I can get across the Thames I am considering using my 1 permitted exercise slot for the day to ride my bike there. I just need to establish if the Tilbury/Gravesend ferry is still running and hope for good weather. Can't imagine anyone would want to get anywhere near me after that ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.