Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My collection got cancelled today for tomorrow 10am at Heathrow, however I've received a Delivery Appointment Reminder e-mail this afternoon that has tomorrow 10am on it. Am I to assume this won't be happening do you think? Appreciate anyone's experience.

I would imagine you have to tell them. Key workers cover a range of industries, not just NHS, so there wouldn't be a logical way of identifying them automatically.
Quite, yesterday I wasn’t a key worker, driving trucks and cranes. Today I am as we’ve been asked for drivers to pull supermarket trailers to help get the shelves filled. I could be back to normal- ish next week

Having said 'No' to the pickup yesterday at Dartford, I have had a call from Dartford late this afternoon, asking If i could take a delivery tomorrow? (So them to me, not me to them). I said I wasn't desperate or in a key role, I am not priority in any way, but they have said they will ring again tomorrow (Thursday) to let me know if they are going tomorrow. Interesting..... Not holding my breath, but that sounds like Quarter End targets!!

Reactions: Cyclone1
That's a fair point-thanks for that!

Shirley thats not the point, the point is there are key workers that need the cars and you are taking that delivery slot away from them - stop being selfish and do your bit for your country - if you are not a key worker, let them have priority. How would you feel if they have to chose which patient to treat, and they didn't treat your son or daughter because you had been selfish!

Last edited:
The emergency coronavirus legislation has been passed in Parliament so will probably become law sometime tomorrow.

On the assumption that one is not a key worker, does that mean that if one leaves the house for any reason other than one of those few specifically stated (which to the best of my knowledge doesn't include travel for collecting a new car) one is now committing an offence?

The emergency coronavirus legislation has been passed in Parliament so will probably become law sometime tomorrow.

On the assumption that one is not a key worker, does that mean that if one leaves the house for any reason other than one of those few specifically stated (which to the best of my knowledge doesn't include travel for collecting a new car) one is now committing an offence?

Yes, the fine is I believe only £30 fixed penalty (up to an unlimited fine). There is also a risk that if you are contagious, you could be charged with terrorism and face up to 5 years locked up - the latter has to be confirmed

Last edited:

I'm not aware that key workers are able to move around unrestricted, I think the same rules apply to them. You can leave the house to exercise once a day, to go to the shops, to look after a medical need or to go to work. That said, car rental companies are still open, so presumably there's an expectation that some people will need to rent a car to be able to facilitate their necessary activities.

I'm not aware that key workers are able to move around unrestricted, I think the same rules apply to them. You can leave the house to exercise once a day, to go to the shops, to look after a medical need or to go to work. That said, car rental companies are still open, so presumably there's an expectation that some people will need to rent a car to be able to facilitate their necessary activities.

As are repair garages. Deliveries of goods is still allowed though :D

Very helpful call from Dan in Edinburgh today - as a key worker (hospital doc) they will try to arrange home delivery (NI an added layer of complication). No timescale promises though with the escalating coronavirus situation I'm less focused on the car than I was a month or so ago. Major thanks to Philip at Agnews Volvo Belfast who are letting me keep my XC90 loaner until this is sorted out (was due to be returned on Friday before Tesla MX pickup on Saturday)

Reactions: 94jdh
Shirley thats not the point, the point is there are key workers that need the cars and you are taking that delivery slot away from them - stop being selfish and do your bit for your country - if you are not a key worker, let them have priority. How would you feel if they have to chose which patient to treat, and they didn't treat your son or daughter because you had been selfish!

I'd be annoyed, however, I am a Psychologist in Secondary Care Psychology who, along with my colleagues, are dealing with high-risk patients who, in the absence of face to face appointments, are now in the situation where we can only offer telephone support and crisis interventions.

As well as dealing with the community patients with my colleagues, I also provide Psychology input to what was one Acute Psychiatric ward, but now 3, as the other psychologist who worked alongside me is off indefinitely due to being at risk due to being pregnant, so I need to cover her wards also. So as well as having to be reactive to prevent people from killing themselves (or others), I am also having to expose myself to petri dish environments each day due to having to perform a multitude of different roles.

My current car is due to go back, and the potential delays to delivery are an obvious concern.

Hope that clears things up for you, but if you still think I'm not doing my bit for my country, then I'm sorry that you're disappointed in me.

Last edited:
Having said 'No' to the pickup yesterday at Dartford, I have had a call from Dartford late this afternoon, asking If i could take a delivery tomorrow? (So them to me, not me to them). I said I wasn't desperate or in a key role, I am not priority in any way, but they have said they will ring again tomorrow (Thursday) to let me know if they are going tomorrow. Interesting..... Not holding my breath, but that sounds like Quarter End targets!!
I did very similar today. I’m part way through isolation and had already moved collection to Mar 31st. They text last night to say they could deliver, but I told them to prioritise key workers first who need their cars delivering. I said I can wait until after Mar 31st, but they said if I decline delivery that I “could” be unmatched and they could not guarantee how quickly I would be rematched as the factory is currently closed and not making cars.
I said I’d take the risk.

I'd be annoyed, however, I am a Psychologist in Secondary Care Psychology who, along with my colleagues, are dealing with high-risk patients who, in the absence of face to face appointments, are now in the situation where we can only offer telephone support and crisis interventions.

As well as dealing with the community patients with my colleagues, I also provide Psychology input to what was one Acute Psychiatric ward, but now 3, as the other psychologist who worked alongside me is off indefinitely due to being at risk due to being pregnant, so I need to cover her wards also. So as well as having to be reactive to prevent people from killing themselves (or others), I am also having to expose myself to petri dish environments each day due to having to perform a multitude of different roles.

My current car is due to go back, and the potential delays to delivery are an obvious concern.

Hope that clears things up for you, but if you still think I'm not doing my bit for my country, then I'm sorry that you're disappointed in me.

Just as an option for you (and may give you some breathing space) if it’s a lease car of yours that going back I’m in the same position with mine due back beginning of April and collection already booked. When I rang them today they said it was highly unlikely that the collection would go ahead and once the lease period was Nearly over I could extend it almost on a daily basis until the new car arrived. Sorry I can’t remember the term she used but the price was about the same as I’m currently paying so I thought it was a fair deal and may be one less worry for you. I know it was for me and I only live with key worker. stay safe

• Love
Reactions: Sunraged
Just as an option for you (and may give you some breathing space) if it’s a lease car of yours that going back I’m in the same position with mine due back beginning of April and collection already booked. When I rang them today they said it was highly unlikely that the collection would go ahead and once the lease period was Nearly over I could extend it almost on a daily basis until the new car arrived. Sorry I can’t remember the term she used but the price was about the same as I’m currently paying so I thought it was a fair deal and may be one less worry for you. I know it was for me and I only live with key worker. stay safe

Yeah, that's definitely an option, and thanks. I'm not quite panicking yet, but I'm obviously mindful of it. I'm just trying to feel a little bit more on top of this stuff generally. We hate uncertainty, don't we :D

Tesla Leeds called again this afternoon. Knew of my situation with work/keyworker. Switched me to home delivery and will be in touch. Really understanding and said they’re doing what the can, which is more than I expected

I'm presuming keyworkers are flagged up as such by virtue of having ordered through the NHS Car Scheme, or have people contacted Tesla to inform them of that directly?
I was asked by Tesla if I was an essential worker, of which I am. As above, new info provided. Dropped you a message :D

I was due to collect my car today.

I was due to pickup on the 25th. Had similar call from Dartford. Apparently they are delivering mine today.

I’m jealous of those of you receiving calls - i’ve had to do all the chasing and still no info.

Was booked in to collect on Friday from Brent Cross - got the text about delivery, gave my details and now my VIN has disappeared, delivery date disappeared, but i’ve paid all the cash. When i speak to them they can’t tell me anything!

Understand we live in difficult times, but at the moment i feel like i’ve been robbed of £54k. Just a bit more comms would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.