Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very interesting to follow. I paid a hefty PCP deposit and intend to keep it for 4 years so I'm definitely keeping mine, I wonder how that fits me in. Mine was Touchwood Solihull, which is closed... that can't help things. The call I had the other day was presumably the chap's personal mobile number. No you can't have it. :D

I'd have no guilt about getting it as it's an easily calculated risk but I would be worried about attracting attention from the police who are, quite rightly, doing their duty.

We were running low on essential supplies, so headed out to the Waitrose at Brent Cross. Entirely coincidentally, my new car was in the car park nearby, and after a brief conversation (from about 3 metres) with a man who was also in the car park, I was able to drive it home -- along with some milk and a slab of butter.
Oh, I knew I forgot something. The shopping!

Slight update.
After my account appearing with a delivery appointment at 12:30 tomorrow I emailed Tesla to make sure it gets delivered to my home address rather than the business address. They replied saying that they will pass this information to the guys in Southampton as they are coordinating the home deliveries. So presumably someone is driving my M3 up from Southampton tomorrow?

Reactions: Reddom
Slight update.
After my account appearing with a delivery appointment at 12:30 tomorrow I emailed Tesla to make sure it gets delivered to my home address rather than the business address. They replied saying that they will pass this information to the guys in Southampton as they are coordinating the home deliveries. So presumably someone is driving my M3 up from Southampton tomorrow?
That’s what happened to me. Supercharged at Fleet services before delivery ! Don’t expect a detailed handover but the guy was courteous and sent me
A text update on arrival time from the Services

That’s what happened to me. Supercharged at Fleet services before delivery ! Don’t expect a detailed handover but the guy was courteous and sent me
A text update on arrival time from the Services

Ahh cool, I'm not entirely sure it will be delivered tomorrow due to the current corona predicament dont want to get my Hope's up. Did yours come on the appointment day?

It did last Wednesday ! Guy even noted couple tiny stone chips
Overall good service but read the manual as the handover was pretty basic.
Make sure you update software to latest version as one of the first things - my download was stalled but call to Tesla service got that addressed quickly

It did last Wednesday ! Guy even noted couple tiny stone chips
Overall good service but read the manual as the handover was pretty basic.
Make sure you update software to latest version as one of the first things - my download was stalled but call to Tesla service got that addressed quickly

Oh lovely, maybe I will get it tomorrow, will make a nice change going to work in a nice car rather than my knackered transit!
Wont sleep tonight now.
Right will have a good read of the instructions

I expect if they can get the sales staff to deliver cars they aren’t breaking the rules as
1, they are delivery drivers
2, they can’t work from home

whereas for us to collect we will need to break the rules unless key workers etc?

going to take a long time to deliver a 1000 cars from Southampton though like that

I expect if they can get the sales staff to deliver cars they aren’t breaking the rules as
1, they are delivery drivers
2, they can’t work from home

whereas for us to collect we will need to break the rules unless key workers etc?

going to take a long time to deliver a 1000 cars from Southampton though like that

Its also still perfectly acceptable to deliver non-essential goods.

Reactions: Matt2000 and bhav
We were running low on essential supplies, so headed out to the Waitrose at Brent Cross. Entirely coincidentally, my new car was in the car park nearby, and after a brief conversation (from about 3 metres) with a man who was also in the car park, I was able to drive it home -- along with some milk and a slab of butter.
Hmm, location Cambridge and you popped out for a few essentials to Brent Cross?

Getting excited now.. got this a few minutes ago. Car hasn’t arrived yet and app hasn’t changed, but I guess this means it’s happening..

C8868DED-01CD-410E-951F-D7BEE37B071F.png

Obviously I haven’t signed yet. A bit anxious about how long the delivery driver is going to tolerate me inspecting the car. I imagine it’s going to be some random transporter company that Tesla have roped in at short notice.

What would you do? Go through the checklist while he’s there or just check for major issues?

Getting excited now.. got this a few minutes ago. Car hasn’t arrived yet and app hasn’t changed, but I guess this means it’s happening..

View attachment 526344

Obviously I haven’t signed yet. A bit anxious about how long the delivery driver is going to tolerate me inspecting the car. I imagine it’s going to be some random transporter company that Tesla have roped in at short notice.

What would you do? Go through the checklist while he’s there or just check for major issues?
make sure its got 4 wheels on and then go out for essential shopping (one item at a time) ;)

Reactions: Durzel

View attachment 526344

I would definitely check it through as much as you can, on my collection they were unable to sort the minor issues due to limited staff.
They did however give an email to send a list of any issues through to them to arrange at a later date.

OK, just received a text from Tesla. I was due to collect from Mancheter today. For obvious reasons this was cancelled. I am now bewildered to have received a message saying:
"We are pleased to inform you that the delivery of your Tesla will still take place this month from Tesla Newcastle. We know that for many people your car will be essential and want to ensure the right safety measures are in place for pick up. Pick-ups will be conducted in a contactless environment...etc..." Reply "Yes" etc....

While writing this I have a second text now saying Heathrow WTF!

OK, just received a text from Tesla. I was due to collect from Mancheter today. For obvious reasons this was cancelled. I am now bewildered to have received a message saying:
"We are pleased to inform you that the delivery of your Tesla will still take place this month from Tesla Newcastle. We know that for many people your car will be essential and want to ensure the right safety measures are in place for pick up. Pick-ups will be conducted in a contactless environment...etc..." Reply "Yes" etc....

While writing this I have a second text now saying Heathrow WTF!
I was supposed to collect mine on Wednesday from Birmingham but obviously couldn’t. I’ve just had the same text stating Heathrow. If I couldn’t collect from Birmingham there is no chance I can travel to Heathrow. It must be an error.

Reactions: TheManofMead
For those getting home delivery, is your car arriving on a small transporter or is someone driving your new vehicle to your house?

Just had same text offering Newcastle and then Heathrow, its bad enough a 350 mile round trip to Edinburgh which is my chosen depot. Heathrow is 1200 mile round trip!

Reactions: TheManofMead
Status
Not open for further replies.