Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate that, but however small the risk going to collect would still be flouting what is being asked/required of me. We all rely on each other to try and do the right thing to achieve the best outcome, it’s disappointing that a company is effectively trying to encourage people to do the opposite.

I expect there’s somebody somewhere rationalising to themselves that they’re okay to do whatever is they want to do despite the movement restrictions, but unfortunately by doing so they end up a link in the chain that leads to someone’s else’s serious illness or worse that otherwise would have been broken.

The restrictions are there for a reason, it’s not really down to individuals to then decide whether or not they should apply to their particular circumstances else we may as well not have bothered with them in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr H and AnthonyLR
I appreciate that, but however small the risk going to collect would still be flouting what is being asked/required of me. We all rely on each other to try and do the right thing to achieve the best outcome, it’s disappointing that a company is effectively trying to encourage people to do the opposite.
You are correct (as I said before), I was just pushing back, gently, on the "irritation."

Reactions: Masklin
I do agree with the thin end of the wedge philosophy.

I would say that there is not much chance of the lockdown ending after 3 weeks. Deaths have gone up 100 today and are likely to continue going up for a week or two until the measures start to take effect (incubation periods, etc). Even if the infections and deaths start to go down, and arguably especially if they do, the Government would not want to undo that progress by relaxing the restrictions.

I would anticipate at least 6 weeks of this. The Police powers that have been granted last 6 months and are reviewed every 3 weeks, so give some idea of the anticipated duration. So if you're not comfortable collecting now, you had best make peace with not collecting for at least that long.

Tesla are obviously very keen to get their quarter numbers up, still. There are quite a few cancelled cars on inventory too.

Reactions: Masklin
For what it’s worth this is what the Act says on movement...

3F523D43-F623-4F1B-B177-FEC706B3B569.png

Interesting that one service that has been kept open is “garage services” yet there is no mention of being permitted to go to and from a garage... I have to get my car (not Tesla) from the garage tomorrow. What’s the point of having garages open if you can’t go to and from them?

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Did you take the milk with you?
Of course! Who doesn't need milk? We were down to dregs, and would have needed more soon anyway. I also got some beer, but that was only deemed essential after I'd collected the car.

Speaking honestly, I'm entirely sympathetic to the contingent who'd rather eat dry toast than leave the house. If the guidance was clearer (there are no range limits to buying essential items, or time limits on your single act of exercise per day) I'd have probably made a different choice. And ultimately, the car isn't something I'll be able to use for anything other than short runs to pick up essential things, probably for months. But at least I can look at it out of a window.

If I hadn't transferred the best part of 54K out of my bank account last week, I might also have made a different choice -- it'd have certainly felt less essential, even if in reality it was exactly the same.

But the zero contact handover is exactly that -- zero contact. And the drive home was amazing.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
New delivery options - https://www.tesla.com/support/delivery-options

does this mean we can now request a home delivery under the option of Tesla Direct?
This page is only on the US site, not on the UK one.

Well my direct delivery today never materialised. Tesla rang me this morning saying good news your car is being delivered direct to your home today. Still saying 16:30 today on my account. Now no idea where the car is or when it might arrive....
Urgh, that's annoying. I was told today that the delivery driver has my number, but I don't have theirs?

Has the car appeared in your Tesla app? Maybe you can see it from there?

Number of Inventory cars going up everyday so I guess some people are pulling out.
Makes sense given the circumstances. I thought about it too, but I'm planning on keeping the car for at least 2 years and hopefully by that time things will be a bit more sane.

What will be interesting is how fast those inventory cars disappear. They haven't typically stuck around for very long, but we're in very different times now.

Status
Not open for further replies.