Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would definitely check it through as much as you can, on my collection they were unable to sort the minor issues due to limited staff.
They did however give an email to send a list of any issues through to them to arrange at a later date.
Will try to check as much as I can. I feel uncomfortable about the guy having to wait a while for me to do it, but need to keep telling myself that it’s £61k of my hard earned that I have to make sure is up to spec.

For those getting home delivery, is your car arriving on a small transporter or is someone driving your new vehicle to your house?

Just had same text offering Newcastle and then Heathrow, its bad enough a 350 mile round trip to Edinburgh which is my chosen depot. Heathrow is 1200 mile round trip!
I requested a transporter for mine, though don’t know if it will be honoured, the being that I don’t really want someone driving it the 60 odd miles from Southampton dock, when I’m intending to put it in for PPF and detail ASAP anyway. I could’ve just picked it up from Bristol (~20 miles) instead a few weeks later.

I can’t see how they can drive the cars to people’s houses without having to have someone following along to take them away again, given the current conditions.

Will update thread with info.

Reactions: seadog
I called Tesla this morning about the yet-another-illegal-pickup notice, who told me that it was sent in error (super reassuring), and that they had no idea regarding home delivery.

I'm increasingly reminded of that scene in The Thick Of It where Malcolm is talking to the minister from the lift.

Had the same text saying Heathrow so gave them a call. Currently as the vehicles get released they're trying to do a north and south collection sites...so for me Heathrow, whilst north sounds like it's Newcastle. Home delivery for NHS workers only.

Not sure I can get to Heathrow but desperately want the car as don't have one as sold old one at the weekend just gone. Young family, elderly relatives to support and no vehicle!

Advice given was that when I get the confirmed collection time scheduled to call again and see if there are other options.

Was meant to collect mine from Dartford on 25th but told car still in Southampton right at this minute.

Had the same text saying Heathrow so gave them a call. Currently as the vehicles get released they're trying to do a north and south collection sites...so for me Heathrow, whilst north sounds like it's Newcastle. Home delivery for NHS workers only.

Not sure I can get to Heathrow but desperately want the car as don't have one as sold old one at the weekend just gone. Young family, elderly relatives to support and no vehicle!

Advice given was that when I get the confirmed collection time scheduled to call again and see if there are other options.

Was meant to collect mine from Dartford on 25th but told car still in Southampton right at this minute.

Do you see anything on the self scheduling page, as yours does sound essential?

Code:
https://www.tesla.com/schedule/${your_rn_number}

Also got the text, we are in the process of moving over to an inventory car from our car which is still in the US. The text will be regarding the inventory car. Strange how we’ve been asked if we are still okay to collect this month when we haven’t even been given a collection date? Interesting to see where this goes....

Glad you seem to have got sorted. I would have been devastated if that happened to me.

Reactions: Harv3y
Did anyone else get a text saying "Tesla Direct Update: We are pleased to inform you that the delivery of your Tesla is expected to take delivery today." and after speaking to Tesla they said yeah that's right, you'll get it - might not be today but it'll be in the next few days. To them get this text: "Dear Tesla customer, We falsely scheduled the delivery appointment of your new car. "

I can't conceive of any way that could create any risk to anyone, including myself. The worst that could happen - I believe - is that the virus is on one or more surfaces in the car. I would've probably picked the car up with a mask and gloves, and left it to sit there for a few days.

It's still an unnecessary journey of 40 miles for two cars in which although unlikely anything can still happen. If you're involved in a RTA you may need staff and resources that the government are desperately trying their best to keep free for those affected by the pandemic.

Did anyone else get a text saying "Tesla Direct Update: We are pleased to inform you that the delivery of your Tesla is expected to take delivery today." and after speaking to Tesla they said yeah that's right, you'll get it - might not be today but it'll be in the next few days. To them get this text: "Dear Tesla customer, We falsely scheduled the delivery appointment of your new car. "
I got the first one, but not the second one. I was told yesterday by phone that the car was coming today. I’ve received a delivery declaration virtual contract sign off email, and my app has updated to show the car (but saying Mobile Access disabled).

So at the moment it does look like it’s going to turn up, but we’ll see...

It's still an unnecessary journey of 40 miles for two cars in which although unlikely anything can still happen. If you're involved in a RTA you may need staff and resources that the government are desperately trying their best to keep free to fight the needs of the those affected by the pandemic.
True, but that could just as easily happen to me driving in to work to fix something that I can’t fix remotely (I’m an IT manager) - which is currently allowed - which enables others to stay away from work. How hypothetical do you want to get?

True, but that could just as easily happen to me driving in to work to fix something that I can’t fix remotely (I’m an IT manager) - which is currently allowed - which enables others to stay away from work. How hypothetical do you want to get?

I think travelling for work purposes is fine if essential. Our company are all still working and travelling due to being in the food transport industry. I know what your saying and risk is very small but if we all take that attitude the roads would be much busier for everyone. What do you think the police would say in the unlikely event you were stopped? Essential travel to collect a new car?

He’s not collecting they are delivering which is perfectly acceptable according to gov advice
To be fair to him I think he was referring to a post where I said I was prepared to go connect today from Bristol (my original collection date), as it’s open air and I wouldn’t have been interacting with any member of the public. As it turned out they’re delivering it instead so it became moot.

He’s not collecting they are delivering which is perfectly acceptable according to gov advice.
Also travelling to work is allowed even if it’s non essential work as long as it can’t be done from home.
Just saying not having a pop at anyone

Yes post was regarding collecting using a car to drop off, so 2 car journeys. Still a bit surprised Tesla are delivering cars to non essentials to be honest considering we're supposed to be in national lockdown, but I can order a rowing machine or any other random item from Amazon and have it delivered so no difference I suppose.

Reactions: Mf03
Status
Not open for further replies.