Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was supposed to get delivery on Wednesday just gone but assumed it probably wouldn't happen. Haven't chased as I, and they, have more important things to deal with . Got the following text half an hour ago:
Tesla Update: We are unfortunately experiencing some logistics delays on vehicle deliveries and yours has been affected. We will be rescheduling your delivery drop off and you will soon receive an updated delivery date. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. To unsubscribe from SMS, reply STOP.

For info, Mine was due to be delivered yesterday but I answered N to the text earlier in the week. I am a key worker and have access to another car but would like an idea of what the Tesla policy is to plan. Just spoke to them and they said that 5 or 6 lease companies had instructed them to halt deliveries but they are still delivering cars. Waiting on Zenith to email me to clarify.

I was meant to be collecting on Wednesday. 10 minutes prior to departing Tesla emailed me saying Zenith had halted all collections/deliveries and were stopping them releasing all cars. I called Zenith but the person on the phone had absolutely no information other than she knew I wasn’t going to get the car on that day. I’ve followed up with an email to them asking what’s going on - but no response, not even to acknowledge the fact I had no comms from them. I’d be interested if you get a reply.

• Informative
Reactions: bhav
Just an update guys as to my current position. On Wednesday 5.30pm received a call from a mobile number
stating it was Tesla, Edinburgh informing me that my vehicle was still in Southampton and that I would be unable to collect
it tomorrow Thursday 26/03/2020.
I knew it was going to be the news I didn't want to hear although in all honesty I was expecting it.
I asked the chap when it was likely that I would receive a delivery date or a collection date.
He was not able to say one way or the other.This got me thinking as I knew there is no way this lock down is going to
last just 3 weeks and that I payed for the vehicle in full and also for the insurance and that I could conceivably be out of
pocket for 3 months so I suggested to him if he could match me up with an identical Tesla or that I would have to consider
cancelling completely and getting a full refund.I was nearly in tears at this point or lets say deeply disappointed.
I had already done a practice run to their service centre the previous Wednesday so that I would
know where their centre was for my collection date. When I was there there were hundred's of Teslas sitting in their yard.
This is why this was my last opportunity to save my dream car.
He phoned back about 20mins later with no joy as I had ordered a Red LR AWD with black/white Premium interior.
Cancellation was in my thoughts but then I said that I had seen lots of white Teslas in the yard last week and that if he
could match me to a white Tesla with White interior I would take it.
White was a close 2nd choice to the red so I liked the white anyway.
Half an hour later my car was changed to a white Tesla and although the vin number was changed the Reg No remained
the same as my previous order. Bearing in mind by this time it was almost 7pm and I was now on track to pick my car up
at the same service centre and delivery time and date. So apart from the colour it was still my exact dream car.
Good news came on 2 fronts because of this. Firstly I got a £2000 refund because of the change from Red to White
and also because I had paid for my insurance with the original Reg.No.
This saved me an Admin fee which I think was £9.50.
This is getting long winded so I will leave another post on my pick up experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIWEX
The pick up was certainly contactless. Not a chance of getting any virus with the Tesla pick up routine in place.
I arrived on time and my beautiful white Tesla was gleaming in the yard yes it was very clean.
A chap came out introduced himself to me from a distance and said feel free to check the car out and to have my
phone ready to sign into the App.
He then went inside the building and I had as long as I wanted to check over my car.
I have got to be honest and say that it was perfect. The car was clean and no out of alignment windows or doors
At least I could not see any. All four doors closed effortlessly including the boot and front trunk.
The two cables the type 2 and the granny cable were there. The Granny cable was enclosed in a nice zipped bag.
However I was needing some help with the setting up the app so I asked a chap who was walking by and he said
he would get the chap that was dealing with me to come out.
My phone rang and it was the Tesla chap no where to be seen but still able to help me without any contact whatsoever.
He guided me through everything over the phone.
I have seen it written on the forums that you are more at risk at your local supermarket than collecting your car.
I can certainly agree with that 100%.
Now after all the formalities it was time to drive it home about 48 miles with Tesla giving me 97% charge and it was superb.
It was so smooth and effortless and comfortable.
When I got home and fiddled a little bit with the menus I could see that it was wanting to do a software update to 2020.4
from 19.... something.
Tesla seems to like the updates done wirelessly so I have a mobile router for my garage and set it up and my update was fully
completed in 45mins.
Still exploring and learning but will keep you posted as I go along. Just sorry I have no pictures yet.
To conclude with my pick up experience. Yes it was hands off contactless alright and in a way this was a little disappointing
but fully understandable under the current circumstances. I would have much preferred my pick up last week or any other time
than now for that matter but the chaps at Tesla did great and were friendly even it it was done over a phone.
But the positives for me were that the car was turned out great under the circumstances with no dents marks or stains.
Well at least I could not see any when I looked and I could have spent as long as I wanted to look as no one rushed me perhaps that is because most of the cars are at Southampton. So I felt totally relaxed.
The other technical aspects I can learn as I go along i.e tips on this forum U tube videos etc but if my car was damaged there
would be no chance of an early repair at this time to get it fixed so I was very grateful for a well turned out vehicle rather than
having a one to one in the car.
I would also like to mention that not long after I got home I also received a text that my car was in Southampton
and ready to be collected at my original time and date and then this morning got a text to say that they falsely sent the text in error
to cancel my collection and that they would be in touch.
I sometimes wonder about Tesla being so technically advanced and yet they frequently get confused regarding their customer's
messages and information.
However the car itself trumps all that as it is brilliant (so far) and I hope you all get sorted and you and your families stay well.

So my tesla account updated:
Rather than saying delivery today it now says that they will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.
How frustrating, I hate corona

Hmm, location Cambridge and you popped out for a few essentials to Brent Cross?
RUMBLED

(It was true about the butter though)

Seriously though folks, stay safe. Until this thing is over, it's just a car on a drive. My profound failures as a person notwithstanding, if you've paid for the car you're not going to be reassigned or wait any longer than absolutely necessary.

But if you do need the car, make no mistake -- the handover process is completely zero touch and as interaction-free as you could possibly wish.

Last edited:
I know with everything going tesla are doing all they can.
I am a key worker, I live minutes from Southampton and spoke to them 3 times yesterday to arrange contact less collection. 3 times I was promised a call back but nothing.
If I am not getting my car I would just prefer to know.
I am now sorting out a loan car because I need for work monday.
I would rather a honest answer than call back promises say I would be able to collect yesterday.

I know with everything going tesla are doing all they can.
I am a key worker, I live minutes from Southampton and spoke to them 3 times yesterday to arrange contact less collection. 3 times I was promised a call back but nothing.
If I am not getting my car I would just prefer to know.
I am now sorting out a loan car because I need for work monday.
I would rather a honest answer than call back promises say I would be able to collect yesterday.
I’d suggest you just keep calling them. At some point you’ll get through to someone who is more helpful and will sort it out for you. A lot of them can’t do tonnes at the minute because they’re so busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.