Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Just to share that my car got delivered via a transporter from Heathrow to Portsmouth around mid-day today. I am a PCP buyer, and I had to send a signed copy by e-mail Saturday afternoon for it to be delivered. I was originally down to collect Thursday 26th.

I couldn't go over the car before the driver left, so I've noticed a few bits I wasn't happy with and logged them in the app:
  • There is a stain/dirt on the driver side pillar, and I don't want to attempt to clean it myself in case it just smudges
  • The passenger carpet around the centre console wasn't clipped in. I have since just pushed it in myself, but it was probably 8 clips over half a metre which I think should have been picked up unless it happened on the transporter
  • There are a couple of minor scratches around the front of the wheel arches
  • The near side Headlight has a bit of a deep scratch
All panels seem fine. It's a bit disappointing to have these niggling issues, but I have to say the car is amazing.

It came charged at 50%. I took it up to a supercharger today just so I can get used to it for my work journey tomorrow morning, and give it a free boost. Regen is weird at first, but you very quickly get used to the required throttle and timing to slow down gently.

All the best everyone, I hope those that haven't had their's yet will be imminent in the next couple of days.

Attachments

• IMG_20200329_125659.jpg
    IMG_20200329_125659.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 61
Hi

Just after some inside info from people who`ve recently took delivery.

I`ve bought a Tesla Model 3 through Zenith in work on a salary sacrifice scheme.

I`ve yet to hear from tesla but zenith tell me they have put the order through. That was about 5 days ago.

Its a standard white model 3.

How long do you think it will sit with Tesla now the worlds gone crazy.

Thanks for any info
If you can see your spec on inventry let Zenith know and quote vin. keep phoning them they should do some work for their cut!

If you can see your spec on inventry let Zenith know and quote vin. keep phoning them they should do some work for their cut!

It's amazing Zenith are still taking orders without big disclaimers about how long the order should take. I was an hour from collecting and they pulled the plug (no pun intended). Still heard nothing from them incidentally, everything came from Tesla.

Hi all,

Just to share that my car got delivered via a transporter from Heathrow to Portsmouth around mid-day today. I am a PCP buyer, and I had to send a signed copy by e-mail Saturday afternoon for it to be delivered. I was originally down to collect Thursday 26th.

I couldn't go over the car before the driver left, so I've noticed a few bits I wasn't happy with and logged them in the app:
  • There is a stain/dirt on the driver side pillar, and I don't want to attempt to clean it myself in case it just smudges
  • The passenger carpet around the centre console wasn't clipped in. I have since just pushed it in myself, but it was probably 8 clips over half a metre which I think should have been picked up unless it happened on the transporter
  • There are a couple of minor scratches around the front of the wheel arches
  • The near side Headlight has a bit of a deep scratch
All panels seem fine. It's a bit disappointing to have these niggling issues, but I have to say the car is amazing.

It came charged at 50%. I took it up to a supercharger today just so I can get used to it for my work journey tomorrow morning, and give it a free boost. Regen is weird at first, but you very quickly get used to the required throttle and timing to slow down gently.

All the best everyone, I hope those that haven't had their's yet will be imminent in the next couple of days.
Did it come on a covered trailer or a big transporter? We have ours arriving tomorrow from Heathrow!

Did it come on a covered trailer or a big transporter? We have ours arriving tomorrow from Heathrow!

Hi Harv3y

i got mine yesterday delivered from Heathrow, 2 cars in a covered small transporter. So only had 10 miles on it. Chap who brought it said It was pandemonium as Tesla were trying to deliver as many as they could. He worked for a firm that usually transported racing cars and supercars. He told me he’d been at Paul Ricard last week.

Ash

Hi Harv3y

i got mine yesterday delivered from Heathrow, 2 cars in a covered small transporter. So only had 10 miles on it. Chap who brought it said It was pandemonium as Tesla were trying to deliver as many as they could. He worked for a firm that usually transported racing cars and supercars. He told me he’d been at Paul Ricard last week.

Ash
Great, thanks for the info!
Lucky man, can’t imagine there is much going on there at the minute though...

Hi

Just after some inside info from people who`ve recently took delivery.

I`ve bought a Tesla Model 3 through Zenith in work on a salary sacrifice scheme.

I`ve yet to hear from tesla but zenith tell me they have put the order through. That was about 5 days ago.

Its a standard white model 3.

How long do you think it will sit with Tesla now the worlds gone crazy.

Thanks for any info
I ordered mine in exactly the same way on 8 Jan. Don't think a car was matched prior to lockdown... Who knows when it'll be now!

I ended up ordering an inventory car myself as well in the hope of getting it swapped over - but that planned failed once lockdown came in!

Rang tesla this morning, got the impression they dont really know what's going on and if I hadn't rung up who knows when it would have been sorted.
Car is in Southampton so it was either try and collect it or arrange home delivery. Chose delivery but could be 2 weeks, couldn't give a date, gutted.

Ps
Car was a stock inventory M3P car ordered last month

Last edited:
Absolutely mad.

Just let them deliver it and then claim it was a free car!
Not such a bad idea, can’t see them falling for that one though:( there would be free cars everywhere with their lack of organisation!
Yeah they don't seem too bothered lol
as long as you can show them proof its on the way to them apparently
Yes they’ve told us that all we need to do is give them proof.

they’ve told us they’re sending the invoice over this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.