Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned “autopilot included in my spec”... do you have autopilot (included in all cars) or Full Self Driving (optional extra £££). You only get summon with FSD.
No, just Autopilot but I've now found this on my additional info settings screen so at least the car has the hardware if needed in future.

GcpMHXb.jpg

Called them this morning, no real update, car should be heading to Dartford and not Heathrow now!?!? They're going to speak with logistics and report back to me more details on when it might leave Southampton and actually when it might get to me. This is starting to get majorly frustrating now.

I'm not really expecting to hear from them but I'll be calling them everyday now until I get my car.

I'm not really expecting to hear from them but I'll be calling them everyday now until I get my car.

You're not the only person waiting for a car and not sure what calling them every day will achieve. Who knows how their workforce or those they contract have been affected by Covid-19.

Maybe just chill, it's an inanimate object, it's not missing you and there are far greater things to worry about right now.

Called them this morning, no real update, car should be heading to Dartford and not Heathrow now!?!? They're going to speak with logistics and report back to me more details on when it might leave Southampton and actually when it might get to me. This is starting to get majorly frustrating now.

When did you order?

Maybe just chill, it's an inanimate object, it's not missing you and there are far greater things to worry about right now.

I haven't got a car. Therefore I have to leave the house more often as I can't physically carry food and supplies for a house of 4 in one go, this then means I'm more at risk of catching and spreading this virus. Can you get a supermarket delivery slot, because I sure as hell can't?!

I have a young family and elderly relatives that might need support...without a car this becomes difficult. What if my child injures themselves and they need to go to hospital, broken arm or something? Then I'll be calling an ambulance rather than driving them myself. Not sure why I'm explaining myself here.

So no, it's not an inanimate object is it? And no, why should I chill? They've got £15k of my money and I've got squat diddly other than someone on the other end of the phone saying they haven't got a clue and the car is still in Southampton, yet I see on here and other forums people getting there cars delivered or dates being confirmed for delivery.

When did you order?

I ordered start of Feb. Was meant to collect on the 25th March, but then it all got cancelled, etc at 2245 the evening before as car stuck in Southampton due to lockdown.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw
You don't know the circumstances of the people who have gotten their cars though, to be fair.

Did your previous car go back early or something?

Worst case scenario places like Enterprise are still open. Not ideal, but it solves the "don't have a car" problem.

You don't know the circumstances of the people who have gotten their cars though, to be fair.

Did your previous car go back early or something?

Worst case scenario places like Enterprise are still open. Not ideal, but it solves the "don't have a car" problem.

Of course, all sorts of reasons I'm sure...and lies to boot, no doubt. This situation seems to make some people go nuts - reading news stories of people travelling 100s of miles just to get a loaf of bread with their kids in the back! Bonkers. o_O

Anyway, I put my car on the market as soon as I had my confirmed delivery date and reg number. It sold in less than a hour and they collected it on the 22nd Mar. Bonus I thought, what timing, with my collection confirmed as 3 days later. Sorted. Evening before collection, sort out insurance (since cancelled).

It would just be nice for Tesla to update me more frequently - but not heard from them since they called me on the day to say I'd be put on the delivery list.

So I call the delivery team and see what's going on and nobody that answers seems to know anything other than it's still in Southampton! Then when they say they'll find out and get back to me they don't - i specifically said, hear from you today? Good customer service isn't difficult. :(

Hiring a car would be the solution if I got really really stuck - not there just yet. But if the wheel comes off my granny shopping trolley then you can't hold me responsible for what I may do :mad:

I sympathise. Given the circumstances with a delivery date you’d think it would be safe to get rid of your existing transport.

I kept my i3 just in case something went wrong with the collection, as I’d read about people having issues with things (minor stuff), and I was a bit paranoid anyway.

Hopefully you get something sorted out soon.

Of course, all sorts of reasons I'm sure...and lies to boot, no doubt. This situation seems to make some people go nuts - reading news stories of people travelling 100s of miles just to get a loaf of bread with their kids in the back! Bonkers. o_O

Anyway, I put my car on the market as soon as I had my confirmed delivery date and reg number. It sold in less than a hour and they collected it on the 22nd Mar. Bonus I thought, what timing, with my collection confirmed as 3 days later. Sorted. Evening before collection, sort out insurance (since cancelled).

It would just be nice for Tesla to update me more frequently - but not heard from them since they called me on the day to say I'd be put on the delivery list.

So I call the delivery team and see what's going on and nobody that answers seems to know anything other than it's still in Southampton! Then when they say they'll find out and get back to me they don't - i specifically said, hear from you today? Good customer service isn't difficult. :(

Hiring a car would be the solution if I got really really stuck - not there just yet. But if the wheel comes off my granny shopping trolley then you can't hold me responsible for what I may do :mad:

I was carless for a while, and typically the day after my husband wrote off our car (don't ask...) my cat was hit by a car and I had to take her to the vet. 10pm on a Saturday night getting an uber with a cat in a carrier...they must have thought I was mad.

Anyway, there are other ways of getting around in an emergency, but I have to say I'm so relieved to have a car again.

If it's any consolation, I called Tesla to find out what was happening on 25th March as I was due to collect on the 27th. On the 26th I got a missed call and when I called them back at 3pm they said they might be able to deliver my car that day, and he'd call me back to let me know in 20 mins. 2 hours later I got a call and they were outside with my car!

You may not get a lot of communication with Tesla, but every so often they will surprise you.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
I was carless for a while, and typically the day after my husband wrote off our car (don't ask...) my cat was hit by a car and I had to take her to the vet. 10pm on a Saturday night getting an uber with a cat in a carrier...they must have thought I was mad.

Anyway, there are other ways of getting around in an emergency, but I have to say I'm so relieved to have a car again.

If it's any consolation, I called Tesla to find out what was happening on 25th March as I was due to collect on the 27th. On the 26th I got a missed call and when I called them back at 3pm they said they might be able to deliver my car that day, and he'd call me back to let me know in 20 mins. 2 hours later I got a call and they were outside with my car!

You may not get a lot of communication with Tesla, but every so often they will surprise you.

Hope your cat was ok. God if our cat got hit by a car I can guarantee that my wife would string me up for not having a car at the moment...it would all be my fault somehow :eek:

I'm hoping this week or next they'll surprise me :)

Hope your cat was ok. God if our cat got hit by a car I can guarantee that my wife would string me up for not having a car at the moment...it would all be my fault somehow :eek:

I'm hoping this week or next they'll surprise me :)
I spoke to Tesla earlier this morning about ours. The update last week was “it should be with you next week” and the update today was “it might be with you next week”.

Just reminds me of the bit from Lee Evans and the “Forces of Delivery”. No-one at Tesla seems to have any idea what’s happening.

Seems I just have ridiculously bad luck in trying to get my M3... even after Tesla Enterprise made a mistake and assigned me a car in the wrong location, then cancelling my order by mistake and forcing me to re-order but without white interior as wasn't available anymore, they somehow have managed to repeat the same mistake and assign me a car in London instead of Edinburgh again! Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.