Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
March 3rd ordered, received an RN and VIN but switched to an inventory car on March 9th.

OK, 6 weeks-ish...not bad, I don't think. I'm at week 4 now since ordering. I am a keyworker, though I'm not particularly optimistic that's going to mean anything, as there was a slight ball-up between my NHS lease company and VWFS. That said, if I only had a coupe more weeks to wait, I'll be a happy bunny :)

OK, 6 weeks-ish...not bad, I don't think. I'm at week 4 now since ordering. I am a keyworker, though I'm not particularly optimistic that's going to mean anything, as there was a slight ball-up between my NHS lease company and VWFS. That said, if I only had a coupe more weeks to wait, I'll be a happy bunny :)
I should have collected March 24th but as my son was showing covid symptoms we were in isolation so switched to March 31st, then lockdown and not a key worker so have been waiting since, albeit I told Tesla to prioritise key workers, yet they then sent me a delivery option which I declined due to being isolation.

Yours can’t be far away as they’ve had lots of cancellations so have many cars from the last delivery to off load.

I should have collected March 24th but as my son was showing covid symptoms we were in isolation so switched to March 31st, then lockdown and not a key worker so have been waiting since, albeit I told Tesla to prioritise key workers, yet they then sent me a delivery option which I declined due to being isolation.

Yours can’t be far away as they’ve had lots of cancellations so have many cars from the last delivery to off load.

Is that something you can track, or is that going by the inventory?

I've noticed there are a few on there now that have quite high mileage (10-15k ish), as well, but generally, the inventory has seemed very well stocked for the last couple of weeks.

There were quite few cars (new) on inventory last week and they didn’t appear to sell, then just disappeared. I think over the next couple of weeks they will put the rest of the cancelled / available new stock back on, as they’ll be hoping that lockdown will be lifted and more people will be happy to travel and collect. It’s worth calling them and asking if they’ll switch your current RN / order to an available inventory car? As you are a NHS key worker then I think they will accommodate you, they are keen to get cars sold.

There were quite few cars (new) on inventory last week and they didn’t appear to sell, then just disappeared. I think over the next couple of weeks they will put the rest of the cancelled / available new stock back on, as they’ll be hoping that lockdown will be lifted and more people will be happy to travel and collect. It’s worth calling them and asking if they’ll switch your current RN / order to an available inventory car? As you are a NHS key worker then I think they will accommodate you, they are keen to get cars sold.

That's my problem at the moment. I was talking to Tesla about that, and they said that as soon as the car is ordered, the person (lease company in this case), would get the RN straight away. They have said they would be able to mark me down as a keyworker, as long as they had the RN, which I'd have to get from the lease company. The lease company, after their slight administrative error, have said that Tesla have asked for my details, so they can set me up an account, and get me on the app, but then the next step is for them to issue an RN.

I'll probably contact the lease company again next week, though stupidly, I don't want to appear needy :D

Have you got a VIN or a hidden VIN on your account? I ordered on the 13th of March and in the last few days I had a hidden VIN appear in the source code. Not sure if I've been matched with a cancelled order - time will tell I suppose!

Or do what I did and order an inventory car online, you’ll be allocated an RN and VIN, then pass this onto your lease company. Tesla are fine with this, but you need to check your lease company are. Once done a new RN is created as your lease company take over your order, but your VIN stays the same. Within two weeks the registration is added and the car ready to collect / deliver, or in my case sit there due to covid-19.

Check your current order status first though as you might already have a car added to your order.

Or do what I did and order an inventory car online, you’ll be allocated an RN and VIN, then pass this onto your lease company. Tesla are fine with this, but you need to check your lease company are. Once done a new RN is created as your lease company take over your order, but your VIN stays the same. Within two weeks the registration is added and the car ready to collect / deliver, or in my case sit there due to covid-19.

Check your current order status first though as you might already have a car added to your order.

That's fantastic advice, actually-I'll email them and ask.

Have you got a VIN or a hidden VIN on your account? I ordered on the 13th of March and in the last few days I had a hidden VIN appear in the source code. Not sure if I've been matched with a cancelled order - time will tell I suppose!

I suppose I need to have this explained to me. I have a login on the main Tesla site, which takes me to what I imagine is a generic splash page, that says "Paul's Tesla". There's a Model S at the top, a Model X further down the page, and then a Powerwall at the bottom of the page. (I've ordered an M3P).

There's another account page which asks for my name and address, then the VIN of my car-obviously I don't have one yet so I can't get any further than that screen.

Now I'm ok with looking for the hidden VIN, getting the source code etc.. but which page do I do it on? The splash page, the manage your account page or a.n. other page? I'm pretty sure there's nothing to see yet, but it helps for a more realistic time when I might expect to see one.

I suppose I need to have this explained to me. I have a login on the main Tesla site, which takes me to what I imagine is a generic splash page, that says "Paul's Tesla". There's a Model S at the top, a Model X further down the page, and then a Powerwall at the bottom of the page. (I've ordered an M3P).

There's another account page which asks for my name and address, then the VIN of my car-obviously I don't have one yet so I can't get any further than that screen.

Now I'm ok with looking for the hidden VIN, getting the source code etc.. but which page do I do it on? The splash page, the manage your account page or a.n. other page? I'm pretty sure there's nothing to see yet, but it helps for a more realistic time when I might expect to see one.
You won't be able to find it because you've ordered with your lease company and *they* have or will make the order with Tesla.

If you took the other approach of ordering yourself first and then giving the lease company your RN then you (likely) would have all the info on your account to monitor hidden VIN etc.

Definitely check with your lease company first whether they will accept an RN you've got yourself.

Hi,

I just ordered my model 3 today! I live in Newcastle and I had the options of getting it delivered to Edinburgh or Leeds but I’ve seen people mentioning that they are picking theirs up from Newcastle, should this have been an option for me?

Also after completing the finance form with Blackhorse I didn’t get any kind of email confirmation but not sure if that’s normal =/

7103442B-636E-4D41-91D8-4B935233E37F.jpeg
Delivery man arrived early and surprised me. Couldn’t resist posting an image of this M3P beauty :)

Th
That's the one I've gone for with white/black interior. It looks a beast of a car. Congratulations, mate!
Many thanks. The car is for my wife. I tried desperately to persuade her to have the white interior like you but she just wouldn’t have it. Still black is fine too. Took some provisions to my elderly mother last night to give it a try out. Did a test of the acceleration (it’s a Performance) and OMG, it makes my Model S (0-60 5.3s) seem pedestrian. It’s truly brutal and breathtaking acceleration (that I thought I already had with the S). Wow.

Reactions: Durzel
Th

Many thanks. The car is for my wife. I tried desperately to persuade her to have the white interior like you but she just wouldn’t have it. Still black is fine too. Took some provisions to my elderly mother last night to give it a try out. Did a test of the acceleration (it’s a Performance) and OMG, it makes my Model S (0-60 5.3s) seem pedestrian. It’s truly brutal and breathtaking acceleration (that I thought I already had with the S). Wow.
Don’t feel bad. I’m going to have to start wearing chinos to work instead of jeans once lockdown is over just so I don’t obsess about leaving dye on mine.

The white seats are super white, so any discolouration will be really obvious. I also personally think white on white would probably be too much, but that’s just me.

Looks lovely, congratulations :)

Th

This is the bit I can't wait for. There's a straight two-mile road near me (literally around the corner), and I can already hear it calling me, like a mermaid calling a ship towards the rocks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.