Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I think it is just down to how busy they are... I'm not a key worker and I just said I'd pick it up after lockdown but they called me following day and said they'd just drop it off to me which was nice.

Anyone know how supercharging and subscriptions/upgrades etc for a lease vehicle? I've got the car on the app with no upgrade option so guess won't be able to get the rear heated seats. Still nothing when I log into Tesla account on web browser so not sure what happens when I need to supercharge or if I want to get the Premium Connectivity subscription?

Yeh I think it is just down to how busy they are... I'm not a key worker and I just said I'd pick it up after lockdown but they called me following day and said they'd just drop it off to me which was nice.

Anyone know how supercharging and subscriptions/upgrades etc for a lease vehicle? I've got the car on the app with no upgrade option so guess won't be able to get the rear heated seats. Still nothing when I log into Tesla account on web browser so not sure what happens when I need to supercharge or if I want to get the Premium Connectivity subscription?

Supercharging will just work, eventuially they'll find a way to bill you and usually people lodge a credit card on their MyTesla account which gets used periodically to collect funds.

The upgrades will eventually appear. They can be hit and miss at times, lots of people had referral miles disappear, then reappear and then the with an expiry dates that doesn't seem correct, some aren't being offered FSD upgrades etc. It's the joys of Tesla ownership. Unless you really want rear heted seats (and hopefully thats not essential in this weather) then just wait for Tesla to catch up with themselves.

However I'm not sure what you mean about the car being on the app but not on your tesla account on a web browser? If you use the same credentials on both they both should show it. If you're using different ones then thats probably the problem.

It means a car has been matched to your order. Given the circumstances (no more boats until June, probably longer) then I would assume that the car is already in the UK, and you will be contacted regarding collection at some point soon. If the Government lifts lockdown in a meaningful way in 3 weeks I would expect a deluge of collection appointments to follow.

Oh interesting! I'd just assumed the hidden VIN meant that things were happening state-side but that'll be cool if it means there's a UK car assigned to me. Judging by some of the stories on here, I'm fully expecting the VIN to disappear and for the car to be late 2020 at the earliest.

Oh interesting! I'd just assumed the hidden VIN meant that things were happening state-side but that'll be cool if it means there's a UK car assigned to me. Judging by some of the stories on here, I'm fully expecting the VIN to disappear and for the car to be late 2020 at the earliest.
I hope you'll be surprised. I think lot's have cancelled due to trade in prices falling off a cliff.

Supercharging will just work, eventuially they'll find a way to bill you and usually people lodge a credit card on their MyTesla account which gets used periodically to collect funds.

The upgrades will eventually appear. They can be hit and miss at times, lots of people had referral miles disappear, then reappear and then the with an expiry dates that doesn't seem correct, some aren't being offered FSD upgrades etc. It's the joys of Tesla ownership. Unless you really want rear heted seats (and hopefully thats not essential in this weather) then just wait for Tesla to catch up with themselves.

However I'm not sure what you mean about the car being on the app but not on your tesla account on a web browser? If you use the same credentials on both they both should show it. If you're using different ones then thats probably the problem.

Thanks. The car is a leased company car so I think I'm probably down as a secondary driver or something on the main account so I don't see the car appearing in my Tesla account online but with the same credentials it is showing on the Tesla app as my account has been designated the primary driver.

Thanks. The car is a leased company car so I think I'm probably down as a secondary driver or something on the main account so I don't see the car appearing in my Tesla account online but with the same credentials it is showing on the Tesla app as my account has been designated the primary driver.

Ah ok, I think you are a secondary driver then so you just get app access to open the car etc. You'd have to look at your lease agreement to find out how they rebill you for supercharging costs etc. As for upgrades, its not your car so the lease company may be funy about upgrades even thought its obvious to you and I that its enhancing the car value. I guess they're historically uneasy as if you'd had a nice dayglow orange wrap wouldn't have been so beneficial.

I was originally due to collect my new M3P on 27th March. Cancelled for obvious reasons, and I'm not a key worker. Spoke to Tesla last week to say I really needed to take delivery before my company year end (30th April) as I do not want to risk not getting the 100% Capital Allowance in this accounting year. Tesla very accommodating and have the car ready for delivery tomorrow (17th April), however, if I want the vehicle I must arrange and pay for my own delivery. This I have done, so now I'm waiting for my own appointed car transport company to bring it to me. We will see. Not long to wait...

Reactions: Durzel
Under the normal run of things you'd get allocated a car as or just before it's loaded on to a boat to be shipped over here. With no boats moving until June at the earliest, and quite possibly later, if you've been matched it would almost certainly be because they've found a car in the UK that matches your specification.

Normally people who have been VIN matched have to wait a reasonable amount of time before their physical car arrives, but in your case I would not be surprised if Tesla contact you in a relatively short period of time to discuss collection/delivery.

.....Tesla very accommodating and have the car ready for delivery tomorrow (17th April), however, if I want the vehicle I must arrange and pay for my own delivery. This I have done, so now I'm waiting for my own appointed car transport company to bring it to me. We will see. Not long to wait...
Congratulations!

Since my LR was delivered two weeks ago I've seen 2 more white, a blue & a grey M3 driving around Chester. The guy who delivered mine also said a trailer with 2 black M3s were being delivered the same day.

....gonna get pretty crowded round here once we're allowed out to play :cool:

Reactions: TheManofMead

I’m in the same boat (took delivery of a Leased M3P last month). When my order was first placed beginning of the year I got a website account registration invite, which I completed, but since then no car/products anywhere on my account home page. I also haven’t yet registered a payment card, but have been told by both Tesla and Lease co that I have 1,000 free supercharger referral miles. I can’t see the miles anywhere (not in the app - Loot box), but have been using my local supercharger without issue - I’m just making a note of the miles and cost in case it comes back to me at some point.

I too cannot see any upgrade options in the App, and hoping in a years time (when the Premium Connectivity trial ends) I can subscribe to it (£9.99 a month I believe) as it’s invaluable for SatNav and Spotify etc.

Yes, I was supposed to collect from Dartford 25/3. Got a text to collect from Brent Cross a couple of days beforehand which confused me.
Persuaded Tesla to deliver which they did on 26/3 albeit it was driven here

My car is still stuck in Southampton, sounds like your car had been delivered to the SC or was at least out of Southampton, unless you were matched to another one of same spec.

I’m in the same boat (took delivery of a Leased M3P last month). When my order was first placed beginning of the year I got a website account registration invite, which I completed, but since then no car/products anywhere on my account home page. I also haven’t yet registered a payment card, but have been told by both Tesla and Lease co that I have 1,000 free supercharger referral miles. I can’t see the miles anywhere (not in the app - Loot box), but have been using my local supercharger without issue - I’m just making a note of the miles and cost in case it comes back to me at some point.

I too cannot see any upgrade options in the App, and hoping in a years time (when the Premium Connectivity trial ends) I can subscribe to it (£9.99 a month I believe) as it’s invaluable for SatNav and Spotify etc.

Thanks, yeh I'm not sure how the premium connectivity is going to work, mines is a SR+ and i seem to have the PC features (spotify, satellite maps, live traffic), not sure if this is just for first 30 days and what will happen after that...

Status
Not open for further replies.