Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the current situation I’d be interested to know how many others there are like me, waiting on a model 3 (SR+ White/Black interior in my case) through a fleet management company (company car scheme - not direct lease or salary sacrifice) and if anyone else has heard anything re their car? I placed my order though my companies fleet management company Jan 14th - I have reason to believe it wasn’t actually ordered until late feb/early March based on when I got the RN and info from Tesla. Are we able to be matched to inventory stock? Will we now be waiting till the next batch of cars comes across the Atlantic? I’m not looking to collect till after lockdown is lifted as I’m not a key worker and actually currently on Furlough. I could really use the 0% BIK rate though! Even if I can’t drive the car as this will save me a bunch on BIK tax that I’m paying on my current car, which is just sitting on the drive! Cheers all - Stay safe.

I ordered back in January through a lease company and have heard nothing at all. I guess right now it is not a huge concern as I didn't have a company car before, so having my own car sitting on the drive is fine - I can't really do anything with a new one, and the insurance is more expensive!

I would like to have some vague idea what is going on, but have heard nothing from the lease company. I have resigned myself to not getting the car until June at least sadly.

I'm waiting on a blue/white M3P.

I had a text today for a 'low touch' delivery appointment at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol on Thursday. The Tesla shop is in the middle of a mall which is supposed to be shut so I'm not too sure how that's going to work!
The handover will be at The Mall, car park J. There are some Tesla chargers along one edge, you can’t really miss them when you’re driving in. If you get lost finding it look out for the Boots entrance.

This was originally where I was collecting from before my car was delivered.

I would imagine the staff would meet you outside. Pre-virus there would’ve been a presentation in the store in the mall, but that is closed now as you correctly surmised.

Good luck for Thursday!

Reactions: Jez_GB
Quick update on todays delivery for mid-day. Just had a call from Dan at Tesla who said there had been a mix up in the schedule and its now coming tomorrow! Not the end of the world though, just another night sleeping like a kid on Christmas Eve!!

Reactions: Jez_GB
Has anyone heard if they're getting any of the cars stuck in Southampton out of there at all?
I was told last Thursday that the logistics team were meeting to try to arrange getting all cars (several hundred) out of Southampton by transporters in the next couple of weeks as the storage costs were building up. They would be transported to regional service centres who would then decide how to get them to their owners and then contact the owners accordingly. My car is one of these but have heard no more to date.

I was told last Thursday that the logistics team were meeting to try to arrange getting all cars (several hundred) out of Southampton by transporters in the next couple of weeks as the storage costs were building up. They would be transported to regional service centres who would then decide how to get them to their owners and then contact the owners accordingly. My car is one of these but have heard no more to date.

That's what they keep telling me as well. From what I'm aware AutoXP stopped moving them, not sure if AutoXP have furloughed staff or whatever, but Tesla are trying to get another transport firm to move them. Not sure how far they're getting tho...

I got a call last Friday to say my car was soon to arrive in Stockport. I asked them if they can deliver to my home, but they've not got back to me yet. I've got a trade-in, which complicates things.

I have just placed an order for a new M3 LR white/white with towbar and have also negotiated a trade-in from my Volvo V70 so will be very interested in hearing your experience of the final delivery/collection trade-in process. Dunno whether Covid will change things.

So success!!!! There was a car in Tesla's inventory that matched my spec (M3P, White/Black interior). I contacted Fleet Solutions on the really helpful advice on here about reserving a car on the inventory, then transferring the RN over to Lease, and lo and behold, they were fine about it. They just asked if it had 0 miles on it and whether it was unregistered. I contacted Tesla, and I was able to feedback that it had 9 miles on it, and was indeed unregistered. The lovely lady at Fleet Management (They're all lovely from this point on), said that she could ask VWFS to push the order through based on the information I'd given them.

I contacted Tesla, and they confirmed that they couldn't even identify an order from VWFS that had my car in my spec, let alone a new build allocated to me, which then led to the lovely bloke at Tesla Leeds telling me that I could reserve the car on the site, then forward the RN on to Fleet/VWFS, and once the funds have been approved/forwarded on, then they'll refund the £100, and they'll be able to give me a delivery date!! They also said, worst-case scenario, in the unlikely event that they've missed somewhere that I've already been allocated a car, they'll refund the £100 anyway. My order is showing up on the site, and on my app as well!

So I now feel like the end is in sight!!!

Thanks, everyone for your help and advice :)

So success!!!! There was a car in Tesla's inventory that matched my spec (M3P, White/Black interior). I contacted Fleet Solutions on the really helpful advice on here about reserving a car on the inventory, then transferring the RN over to Lease, and lo and behold, they were fine about it. They just asked if it had 0 miles on it and whether it was unregistered. I contacted Tesla, and I was able to feedback that it had 9 miles on it, and was indeed unregistered. The lovely lady at Fleet Management (They're all lovely from this point on), said that she could ask VWFS to push the order through based on the information I'd given them.

I contacted Tesla, and they confirmed that they couldn't even identify an order from VWFS that had my car in my spec, let alone a new build allocated to me, which then led to the lovely bloke at Tesla Leeds telling me that I could reserve the car on the site, then forward the RN on to Fleet/VWFS, and once the funds have been approved/forwarded on, then they'll refund the £100, and they'll be able to give me a delivery date!! They also said, worst-case scenario, in the unlikely event that they've missed somewhere that I've already been allocated a car, they'll refund the £100 anyway. My order is showing up on the site, and on my app as well!

So I now feel like the end is in sight!!!

Thanks, everyone for your help and advice :)
Great news and well done. Hope you used a referral link to get your free supercharger miles?

Just to add my experiences on a couple of issues above. I was told they won’t deliver your new car if you have a trade in and I too missed the part in the ordering where to input a referral code for 1000 miles. After Tesla.eu ignored my email a lovely lady on there phone sorted it out for me (or so she says although she also said it would be visible to me).

So if you have a car ready to collect these days is it ok to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.