Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So success!!!! There was a car in Tesla's inventory that matched my spec (M3P, White/Black interior). I contacted Fleet Solutions on the really helpful advice on here about reserving a car on the inventory, then transferring the RN over to Lease, and lo and behold, they were fine about it. They just asked if it had 0 miles on it and whether it was unregistered. I contacted Tesla, and I was able to feedback that it had 9 miles on it, and was indeed unregistered. The lovely lady at Fleet Management (They're all lovely from this point on), said that she could ask VWFS to push the order through based on the information I'd given them.

I contacted Tesla, and they confirmed that they couldn't even identify an order from VWFS that had my car in my spec, let alone a new build allocated to me, which then led to the lovely bloke at Tesla Leeds telling me that I could reserve the car on the site, then forward the RN on to Fleet/VWFS, and once the funds have been approved/forwarded on, then they'll refund the £100, and they'll be able to give me a delivery date!! They also said, worst-case scenario, in the unlikely event that they've missed somewhere that I've already been allocated a car, they'll refund the £100 anyway. My order is showing up on the site, and on my app as well!

So I now feel like the end is in sight!!!

Thanks, everyone for your help and advice :)
Did Tesla still honour the plug in grant on your new order? If so do you have a number at Tesla I could try? I ordered a M3P White/Black from a leasing company pre budget with paperwork all signed up on 02/03/20 then was told last week it won't qualify for the plug in grant as someone at Tesla didn't apply for the plug in grant in time (according to the leasing company). At the time I ordered I had been allocated a stock vehicle and it was due for delivery by the end of March. I would still like a M3P but not at the current leasing prices being quoted for 24 months, I'll just go for a LR instead.

Did Tesla still honour the plug in grant on your new order? If so do you have a number at Tesla I could try? I ordered a M3P White/Black from a leasing company pre budget with paperwork all signed up on 02/03/20 then was told last week it won't qualify for the plug in grant as someone at Tesla didn't apply for the plug in grant in time (according to the leasing company). At the time I ordered I had been allocated a stock vehicle and it was due for delivery by the end of March. I would still like a M3P but not at the current leasing prices being quoted for 24 months, I'll just go for a LR instead.

So I originally ordered and got my confirmation from Fleet Management of the order to VWFS being made two days before the budget announcement (or something like that). I contacted VWFS after the budget announcement, and they said they had held off on ordering the car(s) from Tesla in anticipation of the budget announcement, meaning that they hadn't ordered the car through the OLEV portal before the cut-off.

I was pretty hacked off at that but contacted Fleet Management, who said: "they should by rights honour the original quote, as it's their fault that the order was held back, not ours". Unfortunately, they refused to honour the original quote, and I had to be requoted, which meant a new order date, and therefore a later delivery date, which I was more annoyed about than the extra cost, as in respect of cost, the benchmark I was using was the cost of the Tesla all in vs the running costs of my current car, and the added cost minus the grant still fell short of my current running costs, which, bearing in mind the cost of the car, it was a no brainer.

Hope this helps!!

So I originally ordered and got my confirmation from Fleet Management of the order to VWFS being made two days before the budget announcement (or something like that). I contacted VWFS after the budget announcement, and they said they had held off on ordering the car(s) from Tesla in anticipation of the budget announcement, meaning that they hadn't ordered the car through the OLEV portal before the cut-off.

I was pretty hacked off at that but contacted Fleet Management, who said: "they should by rights honour the original quote, as it's their fault that the order was held back, not ours". Unfortunately, they refused to honour the original quote, and I had to be requoted, which meant a new order date, and therefore a later delivery date, which I was more annoyed about than the extra cost, as in respect of cost, the benchmark I was using was the cost of the Tesla all in vs the running costs of my current car, and the added cost minus the grant still fell short of my current running costs, which, bearing in mind the cost of the car, it was a no brainer.

Hope this helps!!
Thanks, sorry to hear you were in the same situation. I cancelled my order with the original leasing company and found another one. I just had a bit of a result as a LR in blue with sports wheels popped up on inventory last night and I've just ordered it. I was only originally going for the P model as it 'was' so close in price to the LR by the time the sports wheels were added. My leasing company are arranging for FSD to be removed from the inventory car, Tom at Key2Lease is very helpful and the new rates on the LR great value. Very excited now.

Thanks, sorry to hear you were in the same situation. I cancelled my order with the original leasing company and found another one. I just had a bit of a result as a LR in blue with sports wheels popped up on inventory last night and I've just ordered it. I was only originally going for the P model as it 'was' so close in price to the LR by the time the sports wheels were added. My leasing company are arranging for FSD to be removed from the inventory car, Tom at Key2Lease is very helpful and the new rates on the LR great value. Very excited now.

That's brilliant! It was mooted whether or not Tesla would be willing to downgrade the FSD's, so t hear that they're able to do it should also help others if they see a car in the inventory which otherwise matches their spec.

I'm bloody sick of watching M3P videos on YouTube now. :D

More news on my M3 delivery, car finally arrived today, exactly on time & the drivers were really helpful and friendly with everything, but the only issue was they'd delivered it in the wrong colour!! Something about a mix up between the leasing company and Tesla.

Luckily after 1 hour of phones calls trying to sort everything out there was another M3 in midnight silver in their inventory that they can swap onto mine and arrange redelivery.

Having to watch it drive away was tough!!

Sorry to hear that @DSTOR :(

Checked in with Tesla today - he said thousands of cars stuck in Southampton and at the same time lots of people asking to postpone (or being forced to). So it sounded like if/when lockdown is at least partially lifted they will be trying to get that backlog sorted.

If that's true, maybe reduces the need for lots of ships coming over here. He seemed pretty optimistic that I'd be matched to my order soon and when Zenith allows (M3LR deep blue)

Reactions: ringi
More news on my M3 delivery, car finally arrived today, exactly on time & the drivers were really helpful and friendly with everything, but the only issue was they'd delivered it in the wrong colour!! Something about a mix up between the leasing company and Tesla.

Luckily after 1 hour of phones calls trying to sort everything out there was another M3 in midnight silver in their inventory that they can swap onto mine and arrange redelivery.

Having to watch it drive away was tough!!
That puts my "wrong registration number" snafu on my delivery into perspective! Glad you managed to get it sorted fairly painlessly!

Checked in with Tesla today - he said thousands of cars stuck in Southampton and at the same time lots of people asking to postpone (or being forced to). So it sounded like if/when lockdown is at least partially lifted they will be trying to get that backlog sorted.

Newbie here. I was thinking of ordering a Model 3 in the next few months but when I hear things like this, I’m wondering if it would be wise to wait a little longer until the chaos has been sorted out. One concern I have is that, if cars are stuck in transit for long periods, how are the batteries managed properly? Am I being overly cautious?

Under normal operation the batteries won't lose much if any charge. I've had mine plugged in for nearly a month and it has maybe used 1% of actual charge in that time? And that was probably because I used Summon to move it forwards and backwards while I was washing it :)

I don't think you should worry, to be honest.

Newbie here. I was thinking of ordering a Model 3 in the next few months but when I hear things like this, I’m wondering if it would be wise to wait a little longer until the chaos has been sorted out. One concern I have is that, if cars are stuck in transit for long periods, how are the batteries managed properly? Am I being overly cautious?

Put your order in. I know someone who ordered on the 14th April and they have been chasing him non-stop to ensure they get his sale. Yes there are cars in Southampton, however, they are moving, slowly but surely. Battery management during this time isn't an issue, they are new cars.

Thanks for the reply. I’ll order as soon as I can. I’ll have to wait a few months as I have some of the cash stuck in a fixed term savings account. I have my cuurent car to unload or partex.

If it's possible, hold on to your car for the time being. The used car market has bottomed out at present and WBAC/WWAC/The Car Buying Group/Partex prices are all toilet prices or not even offering any figures at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.