Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Having ordered this week (M3 LR - White), with all the comments of more ships coming over, what would the chances of getting this end of aug start of sept be?

Ordered via salary sacrifice scheme this week.

I know the answer will be highly doubtful, but thought i would ask!

Perhaps @FRUNKS meant to link this one?
Thanks for that... when entering my VIN link shows a rater generic build date of "2020" !

Just had 2nd text from Tesla confirming delivery date again (1st text was yesterday) and giving more details about how the experience will do as it’ll be contactless. Also says a SMS tracking link will be shared once the car has been collected by their carrier and is on the way to my address.

I've just this second had this further SMS from Tesla too :cool:

Reactions: Mark S and Gazmayo
Hi all

Having ordered this week (M3 LR - White), with all the comments of more ships coming over, what would the chances of getting this end of aug start of sept be?

Ordered via salary sacrifice scheme this week.

I know the answer will be highly doubtful, but thought i would ask!

Hello and Welcome!

the crucial element here will be to ensure that your lease company have actually ordered the car (some seem to sit on their hands for a while before doing this) - I would pester them for a RN number (tesla reservation number) - once you have that you know it has been ordered.

You should also get a "welcome to tesla" email inviting you to set up your account - your car will frustratingly not show here however - but another indication that the order has gone through.

As your order is the default colour with no add ons (?), its not impossible you will get your order this quarter... just pressure your lease company to get everything done at their end!

Thanks for that... when entering my VIN link shows a rater generic build date of "2020" !

I've just this second had this further SMS from Tesla too :cool:

This site has more detail in so much it provides the date it left the factory and hence a build date - but not all VINS are there
You can interpolate if yours is missing between two others, or if its higher you can wait until it gets refreshed.
I have no idea where the info comes from or how often its refreshed but there’re are some models on there that are en route to zeebrugge so assume on the Glovis Sun at the moment?

Check Tesla vin for factory manufactured date

Edit: just checked - the highest number on there at the moment is 729455

Last edited:
Reactions: JupiterMan
Hello and Welcome!

the crucial element here will be to ensure that your lease company have actually ordered the car (some seem to sit on their hands for a while before doing this) - I would pester them for a RN number (tesla reservation number) - once you have that you know it has been ordered.

You should also get a "welcome to tesla" email inviting you to set up your account - your car will frustratingly not show here however - but another indication that the order has gone through.

As your order is the default colour with no add ons (?), its not impossible you will get your order this quarter... just pressure your lease company to get everything done at their end!

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, my company go through hitachi and they told me yesterday that order was being put through and when they have the RN number from Tesla they will send it across. I will probably give it until Friday then chase. Likely they probably still haven’t pressed the button on the order yet. I purposely went stock (as wasn’t too bothered with different colours or the white interior). Hopefully that helps the speed a little!

Wonder if its scraping data from inventory lists? The highest number on there came out of factory on 22 May so i guess not on the Sun as I’d woefully guessed before, probably already arrived and added at some point to inventory, so might not be that useful a site for what you’re after? I don’t have a VIN yet so had not been able to check

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, my company go through hitachi and they told me yesterday that order was being put through and when they have the RN number from Tesla they will send it across. I will probably give it until Friday then chase. Likely they probably still haven’t pressed the button on the order yet. I purposely went stock (as wasn’t too bothered with different colours or the white interior). Hopefully that helps the speed a little!

Given you've got for 'base' LR, I think you'll get it late August/early Sept. I've seen a number of these pop up on inventory over the past few weeks. Good luck!

Given you've got for 'base' LR, I think you'll get it late August/early Sept. I've seen a number of these pop up on inventory over the past few weeks. Good luck!
I ordered a base LR through select leasing and signed the docs on the 29th June, I got an RN number on the 3rd July, on the 18th July I was given the expected delivery date of 11 Sep. So I doubt you'll get yours in August, but who knows...

I would have assumed October?

They focus 100% on getting cars delivered at the end of each quarter as that's the time they report on sales to Wall Street. There are some that will spill over but generally speaking the run up to and end of quarters are manic, with relatively little activity thereafter.

It's stupid and long been criticised (even by Elon) as what little care and attention is paid to PDI's diminishes as the Q end nears. End of December is even worse.

Reactions: ringi
Status
Not open for further replies.