Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i might be looking too much into this but, i've put in a lease order from NHS FS at the start of June, yesterday to possibly get things moving I put all my contact details and a payment card into the tesla account I asked to be assigned to the car and i'd ensured a referral code was send with the lease, I 've just logged into my account and i've scrolled down to the bottom below the 'tesla powerwall' image there is my tesla referral programme links. I can't recall seeing it before, does anyone know when this appears in the account page?

it appeared for me same day that I ordered directly with Tesla - within a few hours at most.

Reactions: fancealot
Got a text this morning, delivery to my home address booked for 17 Aug. Ordered through my employer's salary sacrifice scheme via Zenith. No access to VIN so can't tell when I was matched.

Is anyone else wondering about risking delaying until the new 26 plate comes in?

Suppose it depends when Tesla actually register the cars. Whilst they're on the boat? When the unload at Southampton? Or some later date? I suppose all cars on the ship currently en route will be 20 cars but I wonder about the next one?

Got a text this morning, delivery to my home address booked for 17 Aug. Ordered through my employer's salary sacrifice scheme via Zenith. No access to VIN so can't tell when I was matched.

Is anyone else wondering about risking delaying until the new 26 plate comes in?

Suppose it depends when Tesla actually register the cars. Whilst they're on the boat? When the unload at Southampton? Or some later date? I suppose all cars on the ship currently en route will be 20 cars but I wonder about the next one?

They will register it a couple of weeks before pickup as your invoice on your account will state the registration number the cars allocated - they are a dealership so are able to register without being classed as an owner - they’ll then register you as the owner when you take delivery - otherwise if you change your mind they can’t just give it to someone else as a “new” car.

Bizarrely, I was told by a Tesla Rep that they register the car a day or so before delivery - although, it wasn’t clear if that was delivery to the UK or to the customer. I took it as delivery to the customer.

Yep, a day or so before delivery is correct. Everything is last minute, and not necessarily correct either. I was given the wrong reg number so had to ring my Insurer before driving away, and I've known of cars having different plates on the front and back of the car. Take nothing for granted! :confused:

They will register it a couple of weeks before pickup as your invoice on your account will state the registration number the cars allocated - they are a dealership so are able to register without being classed as an owner - they’ll then register you as the owner when you take delivery - otherwise if you change your mind they can’t just give it to someone else as a “new” car.

Bizarrely, I was told by a Tesla Rep that they register the car a day or so before delivery - although, it wasn’t clear if that was delivery to the UK or to the customer. I took it as delivery to the customer.

Mine was registered the day before/day of delivery to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mark S
Same as @Gazmayo got a text from Tesla this morning saying that delivery to my home address will be on the 14th August. I was VIN matched last week and ordered the car through my company car scheme (via Zenith) on the 5th May 2020.

Me too. I got a text today saying my leasing company has agreed the car can be delivered to me and I am booked for the 14th of August. Home delivery.

Reactions: Mark S and Gazmayo
Me too. I got a text today saying my leasing company has agreed the car can be delivered to me and I am booked for the 14th of August. Home delivery.

+1 for a text this morning, authorised by the lease company but due on the 13th, asking for me to respond with full delivery address to receive confirmation.

Like an kid on Christmas eve i responded straight back but haven't got a reply yet..

Reactions: Mark S
+1 for a text this morning, authorised by the lease company but due on the 13th, asking for me to respond with full delivery address to receive confirmation.

Like an kid on Christmas eve i responded straight back but haven't got a reply yet..
@Smiley125 I gave Tesla a call as I was in the same situation! Replied to the text with my address and didn’t hear anything back. I expected maybe a holding reply like ‘thanks for your details - we will be in touch soon’. Anyway - helpful lady at Tesla said we wont get anything like that right away but should get further confirmation in a couple of days. They are texting out about 100 messages per day and collating all responses before they move to next stage. So expect something maybe by end of week I would imagine.

Hey all.

I got an SMS yesterday to say my order was ready to be scheduled (which I got really jittery about btw).

However, prior to the SMS I had spoken to and emailed a follow up to the delivery team about changing my order (SR+ to LR). I don't know if this triggered them to allocate an SR+ car to me which btw I was told was on the Glovis (as I'm sure you are all aware of).

My order was still not updated on my account and after a further call, I was told the Netherlands team needed to do amend this. I was abit dubious of this and rang again to confirm the changes had definitely been made and finally, the rep finally changed it over. I received an email notifying me of the changes and during the call was told another ship would be arriving mid/ end August. He didn't sound too convincing though... anyone with any insight?

I understand I am once again at the back of the queue, but is there any way of me ensuring I do not get missed with the "auto" matching. Anyone with a similar experience that can chime in?

Order placed in July, direct from Tesla btw

Status
Not open for further replies.