Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, thats a good start. I expect that the majority of collections are done in 5 minutes....or less!

That would have been enough for me to reject the car immediately

If I had forgiven the first frunk issue in the belief it was 'one of those things and will get fixed', I certainly wouldn't have proceeded any further.

Its beginning to sound lust like a Friday afternoon car from Vauxhall in the 70's

So... It would be interesting to know how many of these excited 'owners' accepted there and drove off, and how many had the sense to rejec their car?

I would have said "really, show me the specification sheet that details these tolerance that you are referring to, so that *I* can confirm what you are telling me is correct".

Fore-warned is fore-armed. so be prepared for this 'fob-off' statement and counter it (see above)

It was quite incredible showing him what was obviously a fault (there were other people collecting around the same time and they spotted some of the issues I had right away too). The big creases on the back seats, yep, "within tolerance" - I mean, what!?! Everything was seemingly "within tolerance"!

ANY car presented to me at time of purchase in this state would not be within my tolerence.

So why didn't you reject the car?

is anyone else getting the feeling that they were expecting lots of complaints and were tactically briefed to deal with these objections? As I said previously Fore-warned is to be fore-armed. People collecting their cars need to wise-up and stand up to these cretins who try to fob you off with lame pathetic excuses for poor quality products.

should always take their names, telling them that want it to add when quoting them in your report.

As the saying goes "if it isn't written down, it didn't happen". They obviously will not make any commitment, so neither should you. you should have rejected & walked away.

What felt like excuses came out to say why they couldn't - the first was along the lines of: "I can't book you a service appointment now as I don't know your availability". When I said I'll provide my availability right now and I'm very flexible when they book this in (I don't mind waiting a couple of months if necessary), he changed it up to it's just not possible, not what we do.

only interested in getting you off his ear and getting you out of the door to carry on his day.

I came very close to rejecting the car. As summarised in my post yesterday, I was of the opinion that firstly, unless they acknowledged these issues as issues and not their bs 'within tolerance' nonsense, I would reject the car. Fortunately the manager pulled through on this. This morning, he followed up via email putting in writing that they will be fixing pretty much all the issues. I have since booked a SC appointment and fully documented all these issues for them.

Now, if my car was a real standout lemon, I would have been even more strongly inclined to reject it. It only took a few mins of looking around at other cars waiting to be collected that it became apparent build quality was a major issue for all. If it wasn't the bonnet looking odd it was the boot, if it's not that there would be some other panel misalignment - and that was without closely inspecting the paintwork on the other cars.

The situation I faced was take this car with the promise that all will be put right or, reject and there's a good chance I wouldn't get matched up to another car until mid November and then there's every likelihood that one will have issues!

I completely agree with you, they need to hear the dissatisfaction from customers. I guess a high number of SC visits shortly after collections will also hammer the message home - this won't be cheap for them (labour + parts). Whilst I can understand the logic of churning out cars and fixing them later from a pure short term-ism revenue perspective, this won't be able to continue forever as they move past the early adopters willing to accept poor build quality.

Regarding other people collecting - no, no one that I saw was in and out in 5 mins. In fact there was a family who were there when I arrived and still there when I left (2hrs later!), I believe they had not organised insurance and were sorting that. Some other chaps I spoke to were not happy about the build quality of their car either. I've no doubt there are plenty of people oblivious to these issues, even the major ones I have would probably go undetected for some time by your average consumer.

I completely agree with you, they need to hear the dissatisfaction from customers. I guess a high number of SC visits shortly after collections will also hammer the message home - this won't be cheap for them (labour + parts). Whilst I can understand the logic of churning out cars and fixing them later from a pure short term-ism revenue perspective, this won't be able to continue forever as they move past the early adopters willing to accept poor build quality.

Wouldn't worry much. The SC staff are getting paid regardless of wether they get these cars in to "repair" or not.

Just consider yourself part of their ongoing training program:D

On a serious note, I personally dont think you really need to explain your actions to anyone unless you're in court ;):)

Hopefully it will all be sorted to your liking.

Reactions: Nvg123
I'm wondering whether your collection from Stockport today went smoothly?

Here's a report of my collection experience from Stockport yesterday:

Arrived and it was very busy - clearly a lot of collections at the same time so parked over the road as minimal on-site parking.

I gave them my name and they handed me the key cards and told me to check the car over and come back when I'd checked it over.

It's hard to do the checks as you're quite excited and also it's not something you do every day. I just took my time and must have spent around 1 hour checking everything. For the panel gaps, it's good to compare with other cars to get a sense for what's normal and what's not. When you do this you can clearly see which cars need adjustment.

Here was my fault list:

1. Front door and back door were not on the same level so needed aligning (see picture).

IMG-7499.jpg
2. Paint was generally great but some very tiny marks behind back wheel
3. When you opened the boot the paint was a bit funny around where the back light was fixed in (very minor)

As soon as I told them about the issues they were very understanding and whisked the car away to the workshop to fix the issues. We agreed not to worry about the small marks on the paint behind the back wheel as it would be resolved by the mechanical polish I'm having carried out in a week.

No one had picked up my emails about printing the private registration but they were none-the-less very happy to get those printed FOC whilst the other fixes were applied on the spot.

Took around 1 hour in the workshop and then I drove away happy. Car has been fantastic yesterday and today. I'm going to do a final check of anything I've overlooked tonight as I gather you have up to 100 miles / 7 days to report initial issues. I'm currently on 70 miles.

Generally a good experience at Stockport - friendly and helpful staff.

After chasing via phone today, finally got my account set up so I can use the app. Fingers crossed that the V5C turns up with the right details on as that seems to have caused a lot of confusion for some reason!

P.s. the attached pictures are before - looks pretty perfect after they fixed the alignment.

Attachments

• IMG-7500.jpg
    IMG-7500.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Informative
Reactions: crouchy and bapodra
Catch 22!!

ordered 13th August and just received delivery date of 25th September.

Current car doesn’t go back until end of October so would be paying for 2 cars. Rang them to move delivery date but will only move it 7 days so I either pay for 2 cars or wait to be matched again which I presume could take a while as I’ve been lucky this time getting delivery date within 5 weeks?

Catch 22!!

ordered 13th August and just received delivery date of 25th September.

Current car doesn’t go back until end of October so would be paying for 2 cars. Rang them to move delivery date but will only move it 7 days so I either pay for 2 cars or wait to be matched again which I presume could take a while as I’ve been lucky this time getting delivery date within 5 weeks?

I think if you moved it now, it wouldn’t be until late Oct/early November for delivery.

Reactions: ringi
I came very close to rejecting the car. As summarised in my post yesterday, I was of the opinion that firstly, unless they acknowledged these issues as issues and not their bs 'within tolerance' nonsense, I would reject the car. Fortunately the manager pulled through on this. This morning, he followed up via email putting in writing that they will be fixing pretty much all the issues. I have since booked a SC appointment and fully documented all these issues for them.

Now, if my car was a real standout lemon, I would have been even more strongly inclined to reject it. It only took a few mins of looking around at other cars waiting to be collected that it became apparent build quality was a major issue for all. If it wasn't the bonnet looking odd it was the boot, if it's not that there would be some other panel misalignment - and that was without closely inspecting the paintwork on the other cars.

The situation I faced was take this car with the promise that all will be put right or, reject and there's a good chance I wouldn't get matched up to another car until mid November and then there's every likelihood that one will have issues!

Regarding other people collecting - no, no one that I saw was in and out in 5 mins. In fact there was a family who were there when I arrived and still there when I left (2hrs later!), I believe they had not organised insurance and were sorting that. Some other chaps I spoke to were not happy about the build quality of their car either. I've no doubt there are plenty of people oblivious to these issues, even the major ones I have would probably go undetected for some time by your average consumer.
I completely agree with you. I think it’s difficult to reject as you would have to wait months and then there is no guarantee of the next car being perfect!
Out of interest? Is this problem related to any one delivery centre?
Getting mine delivered to my home address and nervous about all these cosmetic issues. Personally I am renting so for me the most important thing is performance.. rest I will just document with the fleet management!

Collected my White SR+ Yesterday afternoon from West Drayton and all went well, didn’t have to wait long to see someone, very quickly signed finance paperwork and received the card keys and was told take as long as you want with your car, any issues let them know, other than that enjoy and off you go. So I checked the car throughly, only 41% charge but more enough for me to get home however I figured I’d give a supercharger a go in Oxford services. Pulled up, plugged in (all very easy) my car did a reboot while I was sitting in it and this was because they’d noticed I’d left, signed it off as delivered then the premium connectivity kicked into life and so did the app (they told me this would happen) all in all I loved the experience and the car is amazing! Considering it’s the SR+ it’s lightning quick and very well planted, not to mention smooth and dead quiet, even the wind noise was minimal. Amazing machine!

Here's a report of my collection experience from Stockport yesterday:

Arrived and it was very busy - clearly a lot of collections at the same time so parked over the road as minimal on-site parking.

I gave them my name and they handed me the key cards and told me to check the car over and come back when I'd checked it over.

It's hard to do the checks as you're quite excited and also it's not something you do every day. I just took my time and must have spent around 1 hour checking everything. For the panel gaps, it's good to compare with other cars to get a sense for what's normal and what's not. When you do this you can clearly see which cars need adjustment.

Here was my fault list:

1. Front door and back door were not on the same level so needed aligning (see picture).

View attachment 584308
2. Paint was generally great but some very tiny marks behind back wheel
3. When you opened the boot the paint was a bit funny around where the back light was fixed in (very minor)

As soon as I told them about the issues they were very understanding and whisked the car away to the workshop to fix the issues. We agreed not to worry about the small marks on the paint behind the back wheel as it would be resolved by the mechanical polish I'm having carried out in a week.

No one had picked up my emails about printing the private registration but they were none-the-less very happy to get those printed FOC whilst the other fixes were applied on the spot.

Took around 1 hour in the workshop and then I drove away happy. Car has been fantastic yesterday and today. I'm going to do a final check of anything I've overlooked tonight as I gather you have up to 100 miles / 7 days to report initial issues. I'm currently on 70 miles.

Generally a good experience at Stockport - friendly and helpful staff.

After chasing via phone today, finally got my account set up so I can use the app. Fingers crossed that the V5C turns up with the right details on as that seems to have caused a lot of confusion for some reason!

P.s. the attached pictures are before - looks pretty perfect after they fixed the alignment.

Am sure you'll be out having a slow quiet drive the next few days ;) will keep an eye out for a nice shiny black M3P.

Almost managed to keep up with a McLaren yesterday, not bad for a mere LR.

• Funny
Reactions: LittleBim
Status
Not open for further replies.