Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I would put my experience here...

Aug 20th - Ordered model 3 LR delivery to Dartford

The following week I started some calls with Tesla, just asking delivery question. Told I had a car assigned to me, born on the 15th Aug and should have it by the end of Sept.

Some more calls asking for VIN and location - told the VIN and that it was in Newark, had got there via rail. Didn’t have a ship name yet, so I started looking for ships coming to the UK and find this site and Mr Miserable who is so dedicated and helpful tracking ships for us all.

More calls, one being told they wouldn't tell me the boat, then another “it’s on the Platinum Ray from Newark” and a pick up date of the 21st Sept! Fab I thought.

Following the ship with daily updates from Mr Miserable the ship is looking like it will be in Southampton earlier, so should dock in Southampton 12/13th. Called Tesla, can I collect earlier from Southampton? Nah, too much to change, cant be done. Another call, “yes sure no problem, how does the 15th sound? :D

Another call for reg plate, told I couldn’t have it till the day, called and spoke to someone else, got the reg plate.

Then had some check calls, I mentioned build issues, the woman suggested for scratches you need to point them out before leaving, I found what i though was a little one, but was only glue and came off. Apart from that perfect, alignment looked good too. So drove home.

After getting home I have noticed the drivers door doesn’t line up properly with the latch, a little dropped, but after a check list everything is perfect.

Lessons learnt ;

I would say is if you don’t get the answer you want from calling Tesla, hang up and call 10mins later and ask again ;)

Churchill insurance seems very popular here, so went with them, another lesson from here, call them after the online quote and tell them you have autopilot, you will then get another 5% off. Very handy.

I did call again to tell them I had a longish journey home and what was the charge rate (they can check remotely) they also added a note to my pick up and Southampton had the charge to 96% before I left.

Southampton was perfect, saw lots of cars in car parks I assume waiting for transport, but also because it was so quite, only me picking up at my time slot and the person handing over was excellent, extremely helpful and friendly.

And yes love the car, can’t believe how quick it is! Not as solid as my e-golf, but I didn’t expect it to be, still love it.

Attachments

• 6A18126F-F753-4245-AC11-EFC6F30FEB73.jpeg
    6A18126F-F753-4245-AC11-EFC6F30FEB73.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 667A3CAF-09E6-4284-969E-BC5D59C175DD.jpeg
    667A3CAF-09E6-4284-969E-BC5D59C175DD.jpeg
    396.5 KB · Views: 54
1 week before I pickup on my M3 LR. Got the reg after calling Tesla yesterday so i could setup insurance. Went with Churchill like many here, though the person i spoke to wasnt able to find Autopilot as a modification. However, they were already considerably cheaper than anyone else so didn't matter to me too much.
Currently driving a Ford Kuga as I sold my Q7 a couple of weeks ago. Rather painful going from a premium SUV to a, erm, not premium one. But altogether going to be so different to next Thursday.

Picking up from Dartford, so fingers crossed I have aligned panels and the cables I should get!

1 week before I pickup on my M3 LR. Got the reg after calling Tesla yesterday so i could setup insurance. Went with Churchill like many here, though the person i spoke to wasnt able to find Autopilot as a modification. However, they were already considerably cheaper than anyone else so didn't matter to me too much.
Currently driving a Ford Kuga as I sold my Q7 a couple of weeks ago. Rather painful going from a premium SUV to a, erm, not premium one. But altogether going to be so different to next Thursday.

Picking up from Dartford, so fingers crossed I have aligned panels and the cables I should get!

I believe Churchill classify it as “Tesla Autopilot” rather than just “Autopilot”. I’m not sure if they’ll find it if they search for “Autopilot”.

Did exactly the same with Churchill yesterday and the person wasnt aware of any discount for autopilot and said if it is a feature that is included as standard in the selected trim (which it is) then it is already factored into the quote. I wasnt too bothered though given as you said the churchill/direct line quotes are half everyone elses.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking since I ordered on August 25th & collecting from Birmingham tomorrow morning. My experience with Tesla has been very similar to everyone elses, i.e. sometimes it takes 2 calls to get the answer you want otherwise smoothish, but a totally different experience to buying a beamer.
I sold my bmw 330d xdrive a week ago so I'm hoping there's not too much of a difference in the overall quality!
Does anyone know if the tesla superchargers are still free for the first 12 months?
Ordered a m3 LR in red with white/black interior, outright purchase.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking since I ordered on August 25th & collecting from Birmingham tomorrow morning. My experience with Tesla has been very similar to everyone elses, i.e. sometimes it takes 2 calls to get the answer you want otherwise smoothish, but a totally different experience to buying a beamer.
I sold my bmw 330d xdrive a week ago so I'm hoping there's not too much of a difference in the overall quality!
Does anyone know if the tesla superchargers are still free for the first 12 months?

Hi, don't expect the same quality, but also a very different experience, my e-golf is a lot more solid than the tesla, but different types of cars.

If you used a referral code you get 1,000 miles free supercharging, but must be used in 6 months I read somewhere. Otherwise I don't believe it's free... 0.24p per Kwh or 0.24€ etc. Unless anyone can tell me different and I will be very happy !

Sorry superchargers not free at all, unless you had a referral code. Sure you will love your M3 !

Hi, don't expect the same quality, but also a very different experience, my e-golf is a lot more solid than the tesla, but different types of cars.

If you used a referral code you get 1,000 miles free supercharging, but must be used in 6 months I read somewhere. Otherwise I don't believe it's free... 0.24p per Kwh or 0.24€ etc. Unless anyone can tell me different and I will be very happy !

Thanks for the prompt respose, I suspected as much. Hopefully I wont be using the superchargers very often, onlyvwhen I visit my daughter down south.
I forgot to mention I purchased the Tesla V2 home charger before I found out you dont get the £350 grant for a Tesla one. Its now installed by a local electrician. Don't understand why the grant doesn't apply, its still a home charger irrispective of the make.

Thanks for the prompt respose, I suspected as much. Hopefully I wont be using the superchargers very often, onlyvwhen I visit my daughter down south.
I forgot to mention I purchased the Tesla V2 home charger before I found out you dont get the £350 grant for a Tesla one. Its now installed by a local electrician. Don't understand why the grant doesn't apply, its still a home charger irrispective of the make.

The grant only applied to smart chargers, as of July 2019 (used to be £500 too I think) So I assume the tesla one isnt smart?

Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme
The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) provides grant funding of up to 75% towards the cost of installing electric vehicle chargepoints at domestic properties across the UK.

From 1st July 2019, the EVHS will only support smart chargepoints as announced in December 2018. You should refer to the minimum technical specification and installer guidance for details of this change.

The grant only applied to smart chargers, as of July 2019 (used to be £500 too I think) So I assume the tesla one isnt smart?

The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) provides grant funding of up to 75% towards the cost of installing electric vehicle chargepoints at domestic properties across the UK.

From 1st July 2019, the EVHS will only support smart chargepoints as announced in December 2018. You should refer to the minimum technical specification and installer guidance for details of this change.

Correct. They reduced the grant to £350 as well as added requirements for it to be a smart charger. (Have wifi capability and be connected to your home wifi)

Does anyone produce a smart home charger?

A smart charge point is basically one that the provider can theoretically connect to remotely to throttle down the charge rate to help to load balance the grid at peak times. No providers actually do this at the moment, but the government only provide a grant for installing equipment that can be remotely managed. The added bonus is that the software on the units can be upgraded remotely, should they need to be. Most of them upload their usage data as well, so there are apps that allow you to view your usage data etc.

The Tesla charger is a "dumb" charger, which I find quite surprising seeing as all other tesla products are connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.