Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, I had expected the delivery to be from afar. Same day suggests it's coming from my local SC (Edinburgh). Wonder why they are bothering to deliver it? End of quarter madness?

They will probably carry out a thorough PDI at the SC before arranging a local flatbed to pick it up and drop it off with you.
(When I mean PDI, I mean the standard Tesla PDI, which seems to consist of one check box - Does it switch on and drive? ✔ )

Reactions: OneTinyFish
[QUOTE="Scan Man, post: 5009337, member: 139789"
(When I mean PDI, I mean the standard Tesla PDI, which seems to consist of one check box - Does it switch on and drive? ✔ )[/QUOTE]

You forget popping the number plates on. That's the other thing they do.

After months of waiting I've just had my delivery on Wednesday cancelled, and the car will note be delivered to my home next week. Strangely I've also been given a new RN.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I'm really not happy with Tesla at the moment, and am seriously considering cancelling the order.

Tesla called to say my collection appointment tomorrow is cancelled because the car won't charge.

They're trying to figure out a replacement or an alternative. They think the service centre repairs will take some time.

It's really annoying since I had a third party courier and a ferry booked to take delivery of the car tomorrow and now have to reschedule everyone down the chain for the foreseeable future.

I find these stories really disappointing and it;s completely unfair that some have crap experiences and others don’t. Small issues are really not the end of the world, life is too short to get all het up about trivial corrections - but this is rubbish and I feel gutted every time we see these stories. It’s still a small minority as we don’t see praise for Tesla quality on forums when everything is ok - but it’s a minority too many.

Ultimately is better not to get junk and not to notice this type of stuff when a delivery lorry arrives - but still it’s bloody frustrating and not good enough.

hope you folks get what is deserved which is a properly working car that you get to use as intended, there’s not much else to say :(

• Love
Reactions: Jh88
I find these stories really disappointing and it;s completely unfair that some have crap experiences and others don’t. Small issues are really not the end of the world, life is too short to get all het up about trivial corrections - but this is rubbish and I feel gutted every time we see these stories. It’s still a small minority as we don’t see praise for Tesla quality on forums when everything is ok - but it’s a minority too many.

Ultimately is better not to get junk and not to notice this type of stuff when a delivery lorry arrives - but still it’s bloody frustrating and not good enough.

hope you folks get what is deserved which is a properly working car that you get to use as intended, there’s not much else to say :(

I don't think it is a small minority. I think the policy is to ship cars with obvious minor issues and fix later. And a "crunch time" culture as each of the end of quarters approaches.

Rough estimate for quarterly sales is about 10-11k UK vehicles. I don’t know on “rejection/unsuitable for delivery” category stats but I can think of maybe 7 or 8 serious cases in the last 2 months including today’s batch.

I’m not classing the odd alignment issue or other minor defect in that, if you include these absolutely I agree the numbers aren’t good.

• Informative
Reactions: OneTinyFish
Status
Not open for further replies.