Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rough estimate for quarterly sales is about 10-11k UK vehicles. I don’t know on “rejection/unsuitable for delivery” category stats but I can think of maybe 7 or 8 serious cases in the last 2 months including today’s batch.

I’m not classing the odd alignment issue or other minor defect in that, if you include these absolutely I agree the numbers aren’t good.

10-11k?

Of those with issues who comment on forums; I think you're probably right it is a tiny fraction.

But of those with a forum presence from ordering to delivery who report issues, the proportion seems quite high.

Can anyone shed some light on what the charge level is typically on collection? Thanks

It’s anybodies guess, but my latest email from Tesla about my collection on Thursday in Stockport says:

Charge Status

We aim to charge cars to a minimum of 40%. However please be mindful that due to the volume of vehicles we are receiving and limited number of
charging bays, this is not always possible. If you require your car with more charge than this, please do let us know and we will do our best to accommodate where possible.

hmm... I have not had any such email and I am collecting tomorrow :(

It’s anybodies guess, but my latest email from Tesla about my collection on Thursday in Stockport says:

Charge Status

We aim to charge cars to a minimum of 40%. However please be mindful that due to the volume of vehicles we are receiving and limited number of
charging bays, this is not always possible. If you require your car with more charge than this, please do let us know and we will do our best to accommodate where possible.

I had a call from Tesla today to check I was ok for Thursday pickup again. I asked about charge and he told me "it currently has 60% so you should be ok"

So if you need a certain level, ask and they may try and get it there for you, or at least tell you what it is.

Charge Status

thank you

Reactions: Stuart1714
I have just received a call from Tesla to confirm pickup on Friday at Stockport. Very helpful on the phone, explained that handover is not what it used to be, and to look out for 2 charging cables in the boot etc. Then to take as much as I would like to inspect the vehicle.

I wonder why everyone doesn't get the call, some texts, some email.....

Reactions: Monkeyworld
I'll be picking up on Thursday morning and will post here my experience good or bad.
There is definitely an overabundance of people on forums who either post because of a poor experience, or who have extremely tight tolerance for build quality.
Maybe time for people to "pre register" their intention to submit their experiences like you would a clinical trial!

I'm moving from a ford fiesta, the only experience I have of "high end" cars is on track days. We will see!

Sorry to hear that.

I have had no further updates regarding my cancelled delivery yesterday. Get promised they will contact but nothing happens..

Call them.

I've got managers apparently looking into it. But they don't know what's wrong with the car I ordered and even though an identical spec came up in inventory, couldn't move me over to it because the website is buggy and shouldn't have shown it apparently.

It shouldn't be this difficult, really. I'm feeling rather disappointed and grumpy now!

Call them.

I've got managers apparently looking into it. But they don't know what's wrong with the car I ordered and even though an identical spec came up in inventory, couldn't move me over to it because the website is buggy and shouldn't have shown it apparently.

It shouldn't be this difficult, really. I'm feeling rather disappointed and grumpy now!
Called them again and I was told the delivery driver couldn’t get access to the car.. but I spoke to the driver who told me that he was sent away as the car had issues! I don’t want a defective car.. I am happy to cancel my order

Reactions: OneTinyFish
My collection went really well today, the car was literally spot on with 1 minor panel gap issue with the frunk but nothing else. The check list was a really good tool to use and really helped me make sure the car was as expected.

Car was charged to 55% and arrived home on 35%.

The service from Birmingham was also very good and nothing to complain of.

Overall, well happy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.