Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very surprised to get a call and text from Tesla this morning to say I could pick up my new M3P from Birmingham anytime from now. Text had a reg and a VIN in it.

Order was placed on 5th October and I can see from the VIN it’s a 2020 model, not a refreshed one. So they’ve managed to dig up a blue one from a field somewhere.

Will give them a call to see if I can be unmatched from that and to a 2021 one.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Very surprised to get a call and text from Tesla this morning to say I could pick up my new M3P from Birmingham anytime from now. Text had a reg and a VIN in it.

Order was placed on 5th October and I can see from the VIN it’s a 2020 model, not a refreshed one. So they’ve managed to dig up a blue one from a field somewhere.

Well, that was painless enough. Called Tesla and spoke with a chap called Luke. He confirmed that the car I'd been assigned was a 2020 model and he was happy to unmatch me from it so that I'd get a 2021 around the end of November or early December.

If anyone is happy with a 2020 and quickly wants an M3P in blue with black interior and no FSD at Birmingham branch, then I'd be happy to PM the VIN and reg so you could call Tesla and ask to be matched to it.

Reactions: Gatsojon
Interestingly a non refresh version is showing too. I think that’s the first time I’ve seen one inventory for this quarter. Here’s hoping I’ll be matched to a refresh version. Time will tell :)

There's a white 2020 Performance on there, that has a vessel arrival data of 11-11-2020 in the source code, which is very odd.

It's like they've found a bunch of cars down the back of the sofa.

There's a white 2020 Performance on there, that has a vessel arrival data of 11-11-2020 in the source code, which is very odd.

It's like they've found a bunch of cars down the back of the sofa.

Apologies. I meant it’s the first LR 2020 one I’ve spotted. There seemed to be no inventory towards the end of the last quarter, obviously a few didn’t quite squeeze on the last ship in September. :D

Is that definitely the case? Mine is being leased through Arval, but they set up my Tesla account for me, and in there I've put my personal mobile number. Shouldn't Tesla be using the number in there for customer contact? they're certainly using the email in there to send me marketing spam.

Makes me wonder how delivery/collection will be organised then, as leasing company I use don't appear to be the most dynamic....

Tesla told me when I phoned them earlier as I'm in the same position (through a lease company)

Just to follow up on this... as I've found this morning, even if you're leasing, if the phone number of your Tesla account is yours, then Tesla will use that to communicate directly with you about delivery. Here's the delivery text I got. Not had a peep from my lease company Arval.

28165867-110C-4F62-B886-9DD2714D3951.jpeg

Just to follow up on this... as I've found this morning, even if you're leasing, if the phone number of your Tesla account is yours, then Tesla will use that to communicate directly with you about delivery. Here's the delivery text I got. Not had a peep from my lease company Arval.

View attachment 603467
Ah, so Tesla lied!

Out of interest, did you order a M3P in blue with black interior and no FSD?

Had my text to pick up from Manchester on Nov 25th rang to change the appt for a few days later. SR+ in white no additions to standard model ordered Oct 2nd
Wanting mine from Manchester also, but heard nothing still. Keep telling me it's "In the Atlantic", which I'm hoping is ANTWERP and it's just taking them awhile to get through allocating them all. Ordered Oct 8th LR 19" White Interior.

Hoping for a similar date to yours as that would be perfect. For now just been told to still wait haha

Wanting mine from Manchester also, but heard nothing still. Keep telling me it's "In the Atlantic", which I'm hoping is ANTWERP and it's just taking them awhile to get through allocating them all. Ordered Oct 8th LR 19" White Interior.

Hoping for a similar date to yours as that would be perfect. For now just been told to still wait haha

@Mr Miserable will be VERY shocked if it is in the Atlantic ;)

How can you tell from the VIN that it’s a 2020 model?

Status
Not open for further replies.