Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cancelling would just be cutting off your nose to spite your face, surely. Based on all information in this thread (and elsewhere on the forum), the car is bound to be on one of the boats heading over this quarter. So I would bet a tenner you’d have it before Christmas.

Have you had the allocation text? If you have a VIN it must be allocated? Have you rang Tesla and just asked what boat it’s on?
Yes had a VIN quoted over the phone but no oficial notification or text. Nothing on my account page, was told that the car was on the dock on 2nd November, however nobody at Tesla can or will tell me if it has even been shipped yet, so I'm not sure this was actually true. Since I've had to reinsure, tax, MOT etc. my ICE, it makes financial and emotional sense to stick with it for a bit longer.

Mine is on the Grand Aurora, home delivery scheduled for the 7th December. Not sure why it’s taking 9-10 days after docking, I guess there’s a couple of days to unload, transport to the distributing dealer for the ,ahem, PDI and then on a low loader to deliver to South Yorkshire. Not sure where the PDI happens though.

Mine is on the Grand Aurora also and I've been told 14th December for home delivery in South Yorkshire which is 2.5 weeks after it arrives in Southampton :-/

• Informative
Reactions: StevehConwy
Yes had a VIN quoted over the phone but no oficial notification or text. Nothing on my account page, was told that the car was on the dock on 2nd November, however nobody at Tesla can or will tell me if it has even been shipped yet, so I'm not sure this was actually true. Since I've had to reinsure, tax, MOT etc. my ICE, it makes financial and emotional sense to stick with it for a bit longer.

That is quite strange. I can't understand how they can give you a VIN without technically allocating your car. It sounds to me as if there is a system glitch somewhere.

If it was at a dock on 2nd November, it appears they can track it and by the same logic surely they can track where it is now? Dock on 2nd November would surely put it on Grand Aurora?

Might be worth doing a live chat - sometimes a little easier to ask awkward questions with a keyboard than over phone. Perhaps tap the VIN in and ask what the latest tracking on it is? Would be intrigued to see the copy and paste of what they say.

• Helpful
Reactions: Twinkleten
That is quite strange. I can't understand how they can give you a VIN without technically allocating your car. It sounds to me as if there is a system glitch somewhere.

If it was at a dock on 2nd November, it appears they can track it and by the same logic surely they can track where it is now? Dock on 2nd November would surely put it on Grand Aurora?

Might be worth doing a live chat - sometimes a little easier to ask awkward questions with a keyboard than over phone. Perhaps tap the VIN in and ask what the latest tracking on it is? Would be intrigued to see the copy and paste of what they say.
Certainly worth a try, will do so now.

never really liked Mondays anyways....

ordered the car on 4th August, Lex didn't place the order until 7th October and I had hoped that it was onboard the Antwerp but now been told that delivery isn't until 9th December at 4pm (in the dark!) 102 miles from home

Mine is on the Grand Aurora also and I've been told 14th December for home delivery in South Yorkshire which is 2.5 weeks after it arrives in Southampton :-/
This is what I was thinking with GLOVIS CRYSTAL it arrives in Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and Southampton few days later (say 8th Dec) it seems most deliveries from GRAND AURORA are 7-14 days later after arriving 26/27 Nov. Which means GLOVIS deliveries will likely be from 14th onwards but may go into 21st December.

• Informative
Reactions: StevehConwy
I’ve managed is to drag a confirmation out of Tesla that my car is on the Glovis Crystal, but still no actual VIN forthcoming. Will be waiting impatiently for my text early next week once it clears the Panama Canal! At least the new PS5 arrives Thursday to distract me from the inconsistent and woeful communications from Tesla!!

I wish Tesla would make their mind up. I tried the chat and was told straight out they are unable to help as I had already placed the order so need to phone up instead.

I am finding myself going around in circles.

This is what I was thinking with GLOVIS CRYSTAL it arrives in Zeebrugge on 5 Dec and Southampton few days later (say 8th Dec) it seems most deliveries from GRAND AURORA are 7-14 days later after arriving 26/27 Nov. Which means GLOVIS deliveries will likely be from 14th onwards but may go into 21st December.
This is pretty much what the Tesla help line chap confirmed to me. They are hopeful of getting GC's cars delivered before Christmas, although there are a few days between Christmas and year end in which they could arrange a limited number of deliveries, but they prefer to avoid this period if possible.
Let's hope GC is on time into Southampton!

Received an actual PHONE CALL, from a lovely lady at Tesla today, confirming that car is in southampton, and should be making its way to birmingham later today.. Collection on Thursday.

Is anyone else getting their car this week??

Soooo Excited.

I'm picking mine up at Thorpe Park Chertsey on Thursday at noon. Received phone call from a lovely young lady at West Drayton who advised my payment by bank transfer went through ok and the car, currently at Southampton, has 60% charge. There will be plenty of sign posts which Tesla have placed leading to Thorpe Park and where to park once there etc.

I'm trading in my car and have all the necessary docs and both keys ready to take.

New car insured, all docs and driving licence ready. (Private plate retention document V778 ready and waiting.)

Have you named your car yet?

Very excited,............. only three more sleeps to go :) :) :)

P.S. Don't forget to take your masks ;-)

never really liked Mondays anyways....

ordered the car on 4th August, Lex didn't place the order until 7th October and I had hoped that it was onboard the Antwerp but now been told that delivery isn't until 9th December at 4pm (in the dark!) 102 miles from home

Where is yours being collected from?

finally got told today mines the 9th too, asked about having it delivered to my home address, but told it will add a week or so (probably more on the so side lol), so sticking with the 9th, and the 75 mile journey there. been a long 3 month wait

Status
Not open for further replies.