Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.24.1 is rolling out!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Twitter last week. 2019.24

335D37B8-6D89-4101-974C-4DB5992D4C14.jpeg

Tangentially related question: Does anyone know why the SR+ doesn't get the sketchpad? Is it considered part of premium connectivity since you can send the sketches to Tesla?

EDIT: Just realized that I've always been looking for an icon that said "Sketch pad" since I hadn't seen any recent screenshots of the Easter egg screen. Looked it up again and evidently it's that picture of Starman? I think the SR+ does, in fact, have it.

Last edited:
I'm interested to try out the bopomofo keyboard, mainly because I want to use some Chinese characters in my car name if it will let me. I hope I can switch the UI to traditional Chinese, set the name, then change it back to English and keep the Chinese characters.

I did exactly that when they made Japanese available and it worked with no issues.

However, given Tesla's quality control thought better about it and changed back to English. Seemed like exactly the scenario that Tesla wouldn't consider during it's upgrade testing - character set in use that isn't part of the current UI.

Has anybody with 2019.24.1 noticed any changes to the Sentry Mode recordings? I got a report that my Android app (Teslacam / Sentry Reviewer) was not playing videos for a user after the update, and the web viewer at sentrycam.appspot.com was also not working for them. Not sure if it's just something affecting that one user or if it's a software change that Tesla has made.